Automobile Mag- SRT-4, SVT focus, mini and mazdaspeed.

This is a discussion on Automobile Mag- SRT-4, SVT focus, mini and mazdaspeed. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; While at the barbershop the other day i saw an issue of Automobile magazine. (dont know if it was old ...

Automobile Mag- SRT-4, SVT focus, mini and mazdaspeed.

While at the barbershop the other day i saw an issue of Automobile magazine. (dont know if it was old or not.) had a comparison between the SRT-4, SVT focus, Mazdaspeed protege, and the cooper S. since my barber is fast i didnt get to read the whole thing but here is what i gathered. SRT in 1st, then the SVT then the Cooper and last place was the Mazdaspeed. they basiacally called the SRT the winner cause it was alot more powerful then the other cars. I was hoping to see a WRX in there or at least a Spec-V cause its in the price range. let me know if anyone else got to read it.
    2007 Civic Si

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Funny, they are in order of speed and in reverse order of handling. I am quite sure the SVT outhandles the SRT-4, and I know the Mini and the Mazdaspeed outhandle both of them. I remember reading in a british mag (Top Gear or Car, I forget) but they tested the MP3 (whioch predates the Mazdaspeed and I imagine is not as good as the Mazdaspeed) and it outhandled M3s and Lambos on a road course.

Anyway, just shows you that people rank cars for different reasons.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I agree,
    Mazda sure does know how to make a fine driving car.

I just went to the SRT-4 launch yesterday in Charlotte and had a good 4 hours to put the car through its paces. They also had a SVT Focus and a Civic Si there for comparison. The skidpad figures (from an independant source like SCC, I can't remember which one.) were all within .05 g's of each other. Almost a wash.

I will say that the Neon does need wider tires. They're only 6 inches wide compared to 7 inches on the SVT.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125