Lordy do I love gravel roads.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Lordy do I love gravel roads. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My driveway is prolly on the order of 1/2 mile long and gravel. Its my road, so I can do ...

Lordy do I love gravel roads.

My driveway is prolly on the order of 1/2 mile long and gravel. Its my road, so I can do whatever I see fit...heh. I took a friend out in the Rex that thinks his pals Firebird is the end-all-be-all of cars. Yeah, that 'bird will run great, prolly give me fits in the 1/4(stock LS1). I'm running stage zero, 3rd cat gone and a dual tip(see sig). Much better than stock....

Back to story. I took him for a thrill ride around the loop. I live out in the sticks...way out in the sticks. Behind my farm there are miles upon miles of woods, and I'm the last house on the road. So I can cut up out here pretty harmlessly. After a few drifts around turns(asphalt) I turned on to my driveway and let it all hang out. Nose in, ass out kinda stuff, not near as fast as the WRC boys, but pretty danged fast for an amature. Friend was flippin, yelping and eggin me on faster. So then I decided to do a launch on gravel, never before dawned on me to try this.

Oh boy! This is a treat folks, unbridled joy to be had doing this. First gear is an exercise in keeping the car straight, second...now thats a new experience. I went into second after hitting the fuel cut(I think, it happened so dang fast) and the car hooked and LEAPED forward. Took me by surprise. Glad I was pointed in the right direction. Ran it up to 55 or so, and grabbed third. Tiny bit of spin, and it did it again..lunged forward. Friend was in awe, I was wondering what the heck just happened, I think the wheelspin let the boost build much faster, something was for sure makin it scoot alot faster.

Then I veered right and did a few lurid powerslides in the hayfield. By now my friend was giggling like a looney and cussing up a storm. I tooled around for awhile, finding steep grassy hills and whatnot. Then I went up an impossibly steep hill, handbraked it at the top and parked it next to my front door. Looked over and said..."hey will yer friends Firebird do all that?" and just smiled.

He wants a WRX now...lol.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Great story, brembo.
    Old, but not slow.

awesome!!!!!!!!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Try a rallyx in your area. Your experience on gravel should help you and they're a ton of fun.

tcc

Sounds like that would have been a good video.....
    03 Evo 8
    02 WRX
    00 Civic SI
    89 5.0LX

And I don't do searches!

Originally posted by Lightsped
    Sounds like that would have been a good video.....
    Ya know...yer right. I might have to go find myself a decent digicam. Although I could see myself gettin into alot of trouble to produce good vids
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.