SRT-4 runs 9.01@157mph - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on SRT-4 runs 9.01@157mph within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You know S4, you always seem the first person in line to put down people who dont like the SRT-4.. ...

You know S4, you always seem the first person in line to put down people who dont like the SRT-4.. Not saying the statement wasnt stupid or played out however.

I am just noticeing you are always there for that. You wouldnt happen to secretly be a WRX hater would you.. I think others may agree that you are giving off an anti WRX vibe lately. Even though you will throw in a statement that you love all cars.
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    You know S4, you always seem the first person in line to put down people who dont like the SRT-4.. Not saying the statement wasnt stupid or played out however.

I am just noticeing you are always there for that. You wouldnt happen to secretly be a WRX hater would you.. I think others may agree that you are giving off an anti WRX vibe lately. Even though you will throw in a statement that you love all cars.
    Nope. I love the WRX. I have heard all kinds of crap in my time here. A while ago I was told I was a snob and smug simply cause I drove a S4. I never said it was better or anything, but people jumped on me. Now I take a step back and look at all these SRT-4 posts that have popped up and I see a LOT of smug remarks. It gets tiring very quickly. I HATE the excuse, "this is a WRX board, so what do you expect". I am not saying this excuse is exclusive to this board. It is on pretty much every forum. When people say, it's still a neon, it will fall apart, it is fwd so it is worth nothing, and all the other stuff, it makes those people sound very, very smug. And I would like to ask you, when have I bashed the WRX? Simply by defending a car that no one here has any real experience with does not mean I am bashing the WRX.

Now how should I or anyone here react to a statement like this?

at the end of the day, its still a NEON........
    And we have subarus................

I think they are damn fast, but no history and tradition like the Scooby

You say how or should you respond like there is some responsiblity to stick up for other cars or make sure people dont make stupid statements. This is probably, realistically speaking the 30th or so such time someone has said its just a neon or a statement to that effect. Do you need to refute every statement like that? Does it make a differnce? Is there a differnce to be made.

People say its FWD, and that its worth nothing. Well it may not be worth nothing but saying that its FWD and that is a significant short coming in the car is a fair statement. I mean simple physics tell you that FWD is a disadvantage. As far as it falling apart I think that is less of a view on a neon but a wide spread misconception on american cars in general.

But really the point is, there are plenty of people here that seem like the feel its thier responisiblity to stand up for WRX's and basically argue it against any other car its put against. Thats cool, it is infact a WRX board. Now you and I probably both still see that as a bit foolish. However isnt it more foolish when people seem to take it as thier responsibility to refute the rebuttle of anyone defending a WRX? On a WRX board?
    -Andrew

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    However isnt it more foolish when people seem to take it as thier responsibility to refute the rebuttle of anyone defending a WRX? On a WRX board?
    Nope. I have been on both sides. Both having to defend MYSELF, not my car, because of the car I drove. I found that to be most unfair. For people to tell me I am a snob just because of my car. On the other hand, I have praised and defended the WRX over and over both here AND on other boards cause I have had experience with it and also got tired of hearing the incredibly moronic rants from people who have never even been in one saying it was crap, cheap, ugly, and whatever else they could come up with. I wish I got a nickel everytime I argued the point that the WRX has a nice interior. It is obviously subjective, as is all views, but the people I argued with admitted they never even sat in a WRX before. This is the kind of crap I get annoyed with and feel I am more than justified in making MY views known. If you go back, you will notice I never made any claims about how the SRT-4 really is. Mostly I said give it a chance. For anyone to form an opinion on a car they have never been in is just plain ignorant. I used to think I wouldn't want to drive an automatic, no matter what. I took my mothers car out last week, it is an 03 maxima. I'll tell you what, I had more fun in that car with its auto than most cars I have driven that are stick. I gave it a chance and now have formed my opinion on this particular car. MY point being here and throughout most of these posts is that people do feel the need to defend their car, and there is no reason to. People are so quick to find what is wrong with any other car on the road, instead of looking for the good points. Have you seen the behavior I am talking about Lemonherb? I have known you to be among the more levelheaded people here, so I would assume you have. Do you think it would make a difference if I still had the same views and still posted the same remarks had I owned a WRX?

I check out many an automotive forum myself, and I've never seen a car bashed as much as an SRT4 has been, especially given its performance potential.

Never really understood why people need to defend their own automotive purchases by bashing another car. A little trash talking is fine and is in good fun, but the ignorant, knee-jerk reactions are ridiculous. Figure people on the boards should be automotive enthusiasts first.

-B

Originally posted by 2001S4 Simply by defending a car that no one here has any real experience with does not mean I am bashing the WRX.
    I have experience with the SRT

It's been getting bashed because PVO had the balls to put it out. The Neon chassis is already the most disrespected chassis by any sport compact follower, even though it's got a considerible racing hertige in the Autox arena. On top of that, the SRT can smoke a great deal of cars on the road for 20k, and has factory backing to get to 300hp. This causes owners of other sport compact cars to hate on it, instead of just appricating it and realizing that its just the first shot fired by Detroit at JDM.

Ford will add a blower to the SVT, and Chevy will modify the Cav to compete with the SRT. On top of that, at the 30k level we'll see the STi, EVO, 350z, soon to be Skyline, and the ever present american muscle Mustangs, soon to be Charger and the GTO.

I can dig any car with a lot of balls that doesn't kill your wallet. For me that's between 20-30k. The SRT was the perfect choice for me. I looked long and hard at the WRX, but decided that it was probable that the SRT stock could compete with WRX's, 350's, mustangs, rx-8's, etc AND be cheaper. That's what sold me.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by ebbtide
    I have experience with the SRT

It's been getting bashed because PVO had the balls to put it out. The Neon chassis is already the most disrespected chassis by any sport compact follower, even though it's got a considerible racing hertige in the Autox arena. On top of that, the SRT can smoke a great deal of cars on the road for 20k, and has factory backing to get to 300hp. This causes owners of other sport compact cars to hate on it, instead of just appricating it and realizing that its just the first shot fired by Detroit at JDM.

Ford will add a blower to the SVT, and Chevy will modify the Cav to compete with the SRT. On top of that, at the 30k level we'll see the STi, EVO, 350z, soon to be Skyline, and the ever present american muscle Mustangs, soon to be Charger and the GTO.

I can dig any car with a lot of balls that doesn't kill your wallet. For me that's between 20-30k. The SRT was the perfect choice for me. I looked long and hard at the WRX, but decided that it was probable that the SRT stock could compete with WRX's, 350's, mustangs, rx-8's, etc AND be cheaper. That's what sold me.

Very well put... I dont hate Neon's. I used to work at a Chrysler dealer and I have seen many many many recalls and problems.

After the stealth was discontinued, The Neon was chrysler's 2nd fastest car 0-60 behind the Viper. That 4 cylinder / stick setup was quick.

I always seen kids run neon's with a bottle at the track turning out low 13's in the 1/4.
    But that only lasted about 10 runs =)

I know this engine is alot more advanced then the old 2.0 block.
    so well see how it goes. Good luck with your SRT-4.

(I didn't say neon) =P

And don't let me catch you on Telegraph

Originally posted by Biaxin

And don't let me catch you on Telegraph
    y? Afraid? *j/k*

And I don't mind if people call it a neon. Some people think driving a neon is like dating a fat chick, their fun but you don't want your friends to see you doing it. I think neons are a great platform. The 2nd gen neons have had very high reliability ratings and the chassis is nice and stiff. Also, it's got 250lb/ft at the wheels
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black

Are you challenging me to a duel?

was a Leather glove was b!tch slapped across my face?

j/k

Iím ready whenever you are

Maybe we'll have to both meet up at Milan during a test and tune day.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black

Im going up next wed. (first Test and Tune night)

PM me..

Originally posted by ebbtide
    driving a neon is like dating a fat chick, their fun but you don't want your friends to see you doing it.
    LMFAO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.