Ran a 300 twin turbo.....cool guy!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ran a 300 twin turbo.....cool guy!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Was on the cell phone with a buddy. (same guy with the M3 see 04 Maxima post). A 300 TT ...

Ran a 300 twin turbo.....cool guy!!

Was on the cell phone with a buddy. (same guy with the M3 see 04 Maxima post). A 300 TT came up behind me. It was funny, I put my buddy on speaker and gave him a play by play. .... "OK, I'm in the middle lane he's passing on the left doing about 110(KPH). He looked over and smiled.....I gear down to 3rd and pull in behind him...follow....follow.....OK we're off, there goes the tell tail puff of smoke....I am right on his bumper....I am pulling into the middle lane and passing him....traffic....we slow down....ya, young guy wearing a baseball cap....OK here we go again but I just pull in front of him...he is right behind....3rd gear bang....boost to 15.5-16 in third pulling on him quite well.....there's 140....150....170.....190...........buddy says comon how fast you going......I tell him too fast to look.....no traffic...foot to the floor in 4th and I am still pulling...... slow down, move to middle lane, guy passes me and, get this, SALUTES!!!!! and then the thumbs up. Best race I have had by far. Took a 300TT on the highway....no question about it....

Friend is freaking out over the phone.

'Tis a fine fine day
    Don't flame. Be nice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what kind of mods do u have? A Nissan 300 Z TT is no easy feat to beat!
    WHooOOSH

~ 555 ~

Originally posted by cool555
    what kind of mods do u have? A Nissan 300 Z TT is no easy feat to beat!
    PEOPLE... POST YOUR MODS BEFORE POSTING YOUR KILL STORY....

SPO stage .5 at 16.5 psi boost
    PDE UP PIPE
    GODSPEED DOWNPIPE
    EGT, BOOST A/F gauges
    custom interior
    BRIDGESTONE s03's
    DBA Brakes
    K&N
    94 octane
    Don't flame. Be nice

Wow- 190 huh?

Originally posted by jedimaster
    Wow- 190 huh?
    kph... learn 2 read

Originally posted by BamBooI
    kph... learn 2 read
    Gee, thanks dork.

How many car lengths were you ahead by at the end?

many
    Don't flame. Be nice

"Many"... hmm... I would guess that the 300ZX was not running well then. He was probably in safety boost mode... which happens to a lot of 300ZXTT's very easily (just a little bit of corrosion on the coolant sensor and you automatically lose 40-50 hp). The 300ZXTT is a monster at highway speeds... especially from the 80-110+mph range that you guys raced at. If you were to tell me that you beat him by maybe a car length or two at most, then I would say that his car was running well. Another possibility is that he didn't downshift to third gear.

How can I say these things with such confidence? I have both a 300ZXTT and a TXS stg.3 WRX, so I'm very aware of the capabilities of both. It's a very close race between a well running stock 300ZXTT and a TXS stg.3 WRX... but definitely not a "many car lengths" kind of race.

Anyways, not to take anything away from your success... you obviously did a good job beating him... just don't be surprised if you come across another 300ZXTT and it's not so easy the next time.

You're saying a stage 3 car would have trouble outrunning a 100mph trap car? Somehow I think the stage 3 is faster than that.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Bernie, I agree with everything you said. I actually thought he would pull on me on the highway but what happened is what happened. I actually checked when I was getting off the highway to make sure it was a TT....it was.

Maybe it was the fact that it was a nice cool day, I had just put the 94 octane in and added some octane boost...in any case the car just felt fast. None of that hesitation you somethimes feel....like timing being pulled and stuff. Just ran great. In any case, it was FUN
    Don't flame. Be nice

Originally posted by John M
    You're saying a stage 3 car would have trouble outrunning a 100mph trap car? Somehow I think the stage 3 is faster than that.
    Yeah man the 300zx is only a 100mph trap car... The reason our traps are low is because we have a good sixty foot. Happens to all cars who gets low 60ft they have a lower trap... now if they spin em to the 60ft then they will have a high trap...

Originally posted by John M
    Stg.3 WRX's are trapping at anywhere between 98 mph to at best 103 mph from what I have seen. So, that puts them right about at the same level, with the WRX maybe pulling ahead just a bit... but not by "many carlengths". And again, this was happening at speeds which exceed those seen in the 1/4 mile... and which happen to fall right in the sweet spot of the Z's power band and gearing.

That's a nice Stealth you've got there John... next time you're down in Miami, look me up and I'll run with ya in my Z (which is also "faster than you think"... hehe).

Again, I'm not trying to take away from Bingo's win... just stirring up some conversation.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.