impressed with 03 GTI 1.8t......

This is a discussion on impressed with 03 GTI 1.8t...... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well my best friend recenltyl got a 03 GTI. and we have been working on it for a couple weeks. ...

impressed with 03 GTI 1.8t......

well my best friend recenltyl got a 03 GTI. and we have been working on it for a couple weeks. right now he has a Neuspeed chip, CAI, and we welded a custom turboback so he is running completly catless. we went out on the highway and did several roll's from about 35mph up to about 100mph. each time i only pulled abtou 1 - 2 car lengths on him. i was very impressed comsidering he has only put about 400 bucks into the car. when it was stock i killed him no matter how fast we were going. anyways i guess now i got to get a godspeed DP!!!!
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Those cars have very nice potential. I know a few guys that have seriously modded their 1.8Ts. The small stock turbos are a little whimpy, but those cars feel quite torquey at fairly low RPM.

On a side note, the traction control on the Jetta works pretty well in heavy ice/snow! Found that out last week in a horrid snowstorm down here in Arizona.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright