Srt-4 Owned
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Srt-4 Owned within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ran a SRT-4 that has 20psi in my bone stock WRX that has CEL and no exhaust and beat ...

Srt-4 Owned

I ran a SRT-4 that has 20psi in my bone stock WRX that has CEL and no exhaust and beat him...It was hilarious he came down my street and was like "lets run" I am like ok whatever...(thinking he is gonna rape me) so we line up from a stop and I dump it at 6k and it took off and he was in the back spinning a little...when he hooked up I could hear his car a bit but it wasnt enough...finally we get to the end of third and I am still a car out on him and decide to let off because I know how bad my car is in 4th...then he comes blowin by me and puts the hazards on like He beat me...so I get in front of him and wave and proceed to put on my hazards and he comes blowin by me again and tries to like tkae off my mirror or something...so I let him get in front and turns off and tries to roast the tires but it couldnt....

Pretty funny considering my car is slower than a stock WRX now that the CEL is messing it up.

Just thought I would inform you guys about my latest victory over a rival turbo car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

1. Nice rice from a stop

2. Explain to me what no exhaust is.

3. Just because you have a CEL doesn't automatically mean you are much slower.

4. Again, nice rice. I'm actually pretty impressed that the SRT4 still hung by a car with you performing a 6K launch on him and him spinning from the start.

I wouldn't be too excited about this so called "owning" by 1 car if you shut down early because you knew he would "own" you if 4th gear was engaged.
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 03-26-2003 at 02:15 PM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

I dont know if I would call it early..but i shut down in 3rd cause I know that my car doesnt go anywhere in 4th...also he has 20psi going into his so I think it was a good race considering..and also no exaust means that I have no muffler on the car so it is open from the axle back..with the CEL in my car it doesnt like to rev past 6k and also it stalls when I let off the gas and dont rev it up before it comes down to idle...when I did the 6k launch the car bogged a bit so I think that is where he made up his time..also I had two people in my car and trust me we arent the smallest people that you have ever seen..

so all in all I was impressed with my car so now it gets washed because of a job well done...hahaha

Mods please move this to "WRX VS. The World". Thanks
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

I guess the important question here is.. Did you shut down at the bottom of third or the top. If you were at or just barely below redline in third, like pushing 100mph good job. If you shut down at like 60 then you were just being lame.
    -Andrew

0-60 is being safe, 0-100 you better be sure there is nothing coming out in front of you. I won't go over 70mph in a race unless I was on a track.

Also if he was really running 20psi that would be insane, stock they are about 14psi.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Supposedly from what limited things I have learned about the SRT-4 is that a boost controller dosnt seem to help it at all. It has an agressive ecu that compensates and dosnt make a differnce when you up the boost really.

It will be more impressive when they have reflashed ECU's. And if he is really running 20psi atleast you can see the engine is strong
    -Andrew

SBW
    i think this car would have definitely gained on you on the top end. IMO, this doesn't have any hard evidence as to who's the better driver.

Registered User Initial-d~4life's Avatar

yo

hey fastwrx where you at in south Fl cause iam in pembroke pines and i have seen alot of those new neons ut haven;t goten a chance to run let me know where you at maybe we can meet up and help each other out in installs f your close by . peace

20psi and dumping at 6k.
    No wonder you have a CEL.

Originally posted by jk147
    20psi and dumping at 6k.
    No wonder you have a CEL.
    I think that it's the Neon that is boosting 20 psi.

The neon is 20psi..and I let off at around 5k in 3rd..I dont like to race to fast on the streets because of the obvious (some people cant drive in florida)...but I saw the neon later that night and he was trying to yell at me and stuff about him winning and this and that...he dropped it back and I did nothing just to spite him..

The neon is 20psi..and I let off at around 5k in 3rd..I dont like to race to fast on the streets because of the obvious (some people cant drive in florida)...but I saw the neon later that night and he was trying to yell at me and stuff about him winning and this and that...he dropped it back and I did nothing just to spite him..

I am in Boca Raton...I am not to sure how far that is from Pembroke pines...but if you want we could meet up somewhere (it is always nice to meet fellow board members)

If the SRT is at 20psi, have him Dyno it, cause it'll make the same power as every other stock SRT. The ECU compensates the boost. Sounds like this was a drivers race. By 1 car is hardly owned... Good Kill tho!
    Last edited by ebbtide; 03-26-2003 at 08:13 PM.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

I consider it owned because he was talking so much trash to me before hand...and then it being that he has stuff doen to it and I have nothing I think I owned him...but thanks anyways

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.