Ran an 04 maxima....look out for this one!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ran an 04 maxima....look out for this one!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My buddy and I went to check out the Murano for his wife. He is waiting delivery of his m3 ...

Ran an 04 maxima....look out for this one!!

My buddy and I went to check out the Murano for his wife. He is waiting delivery of his m3 convertible. Yes, he has money. Great guy though. The sales guy mentions he has the newest Maxima, an 04 model and says we have never seen this puppy before. He rolls it out and OH MY GOD!!!! Simply gorgeous. A bit g 35 mixed with 7 series bimmer. QUAD SEATS!!!!! A console in the back so it is like you are in a cockpit even in the back seats. I can't do it justice, simply magnificant. I split in my rex and my buddy takes the maxima out with the sales guy. At a light I tell the guy if the maxima beats me I will buy one right away. I am waiting for the STI but figured if the maxima beats my modded rex, it would also beat the sti. Anyways we pull ont he highway and my buddy hammers it with me behind him. I won't be buying the Maxima but it was really really close. It was an auto vs my manual. I pulled on him on the highway right to about 110 MPH and then I let off. I was not pulling by much. That car is FAST. Forget a stock rex on the highway, it won't have a chance against this thing. No question. If you are looking for a nice looking fast sedan for a second driver, go check this baby out.

PS The sales guy was having the time of his life. My buddy said he was talking about it in the showroom after, talking about these two crazy idiots racing the cars!! Both of us in our late 30's in suits....toooo funny!!
    Don't flame. Be nice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I give the Maxima, and Nissan in general, full marks for the power their engines put out, but the new Maxima design is enough to make me gag. This is an alarming trend at Nissan, the cars are getting uglier, epecially the ones with the new signiture front grill (Maxima, Murano, etc...) I do however love the G35 coupe, but the rest of the cars really leave something to be desired.

I agree though, be careful when you line up next to one.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

It's funny isin't it. Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder. Like I said, I love the looks as well.

Maybe it's a Canadian thing!! LOL
    Don't flame. Be nice

hey NJwrbT-WRX,
    I thought the same way you were thinkking when it came to the 04 Maxima, however I saw it on the road and that totally changed my opinion of the car. It is unlike anything I've seen on the road. Quad tips..wow! You have to see this car in person to appreciate its beauty.
    WHooOOSH

~ 555 ~

Well, I saw it in all the spy photos and gagged, saw it in all the press photos and gagged, then I saw about 6 on a truck and was still gagging and then saw 4 on the raod this weekend and, you guessed it, I was till gagging

Hey, its just not to my taste, what can I say. The '03 was awesome looking in top trim level, this one.....

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

is it a rear drive? i believe it is.....thank god manufacturers are getting away from front drive cars
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

maxima

I have not seen the new one on the road but I didn't like the mag pics of it.......i actually owned a maxima before i got my wrx...they are sweet cars.....very solid engines....great performance for a family sedan and can take alot of cars especially on the highway, the car pulled pretty hard from a dump around 55........matter of fact if they were awd I would have bought an 02 maxima vs my 02 rex but i needed something for the snow
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

It is still front drive, it is the same basic platform as the Altima. Car and Driver said Nissan made a wrong turn by not utilizing the available rear drive platform, and they "condemned" the Maxima to the mediocre performance of a front drive sedan with 260+ HP wrenching on the steering. I was seriously considering buying an 04 Maxima until Nissan announced it would be front drive, I had assumed that their sports sedan would follow the footsteps of the G35 since they have the Altima as the responsible family sedan. The looks of it also weighed in, I agree with NJwrbT-WRX, the front of the car is hideous. After spending the past two months on business trips to CA, and having mostly 03 Maximas as my rentals, I am glad I went with my WRX. The Maximas have great power, but the wheelspin is unbelievable in turns and if it rains forget about giving it more than half throttle. There are numerous other complaints I have about the car from the seats to the lack of headroom to the suspension that is so hard that a bump in the road can cause serious wheelspin under moderate acceleration. An engine is only one component to making a competent car that can be driven hard on the irregular road surfaces. I am interested to see what kind of suspension compliance the 04's will have with the 18inch rims, the 03's I have driven with the 17 inch rims ride rougher than a Conastoga Wagon.

-the_bear

That is one goofy looking car. WTF is up with the "SKYVIEW" roof? And the instrument console is hidious. They are way off base with this one.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Ah yes, the instrument panel, I thought there was one more hideous thing that I forgot to mention. The Altima interior was bad, this is just God awful!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

All I can say guys is, if you have not been in this one, don't judge it yet. My buddy is 6'1" and I am 6'2". He was in the drivers seat all the way back and I was right behind him with PLENTY of room. This car is so far ahead of the last gen Maxima, it is like comparing the WRX to the Justy. As far as wheel spin and torque steer, read my opening post. What I did not add was that it was pouring rain. Check out the weather report for Montreal yesterday. Absolute downpour. My buddy said he could not believe how the traction control works. This is a guy who just sold his twin turbo Audi A6 2.7t for a BMW M3. He said he simply stomped on it and it took off, even in the wet. Through the puddles on the highway he was tracking way better than me. I have had everything from the rex to a porsche, mustang, three grand cherokees, you name it (including a couple of mini vans I say with my head hung low). This thing is the real deal. For you guys who have driven and owned prior years, go check it out and then post back again. I would be curious.
    Don't flame. Be nice

Well then bingo, if ya got such a hardonski for the car, go friggin get one. I was just at the Nissan dealer up the street from my office, and all I can say is I am glad I didn't eat lunch before I stopped there!
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Like I said, different strokes for different folks.

Hardonski, very good. That would be a polish woody right?
    Don't flame. Be nice

Originally posted by bingo
    Like I said, different strokes for different folks.
    This is true, I think a large part of my dissappointment with the 04 Maxima is the fact that Nissan did not aim it at the enthusiast market, they aimed it at the freeway cruiser market. The G35 is apparently where they want their driving fans to buy, which is fine but I feel they are leaving a market open. Before any of the other affordable family sedans were performance oriented, the Maxima was, with the whole 4DSS marketing theme. It just seems that Nissan could have once again been the standard bearer as the standout affordable performance sedan by going with a RWD setup they have readily available for the FM platform. I am sure they will sell more Maximas than they have in the past, the design sets it apart(regardless, I find it ugly), the power is top of class, and the unique interior is sure to awe the masses. Chrysler found this formula to be rather rewarding in financial terms. But like C&D said, it is dissappointing to see the Maxima as basically an "upmarketed" Altima.

-the_bear

Sounds like a good time. I love it when you get a cool salesman like the one you had
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast