Ran an 04 maxima....look out for this one!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Ran an 04 maxima....look out for this one!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by the_bear This is true, I think a large part of my dissappointment with the 04 Maxima is ...

Originally posted by the_bear
    This is true, I think a large part of my dissappointment with the 04 Maxima is the fact that Nissan did not aim it at the enthusiast market, they aimed it at the freeway cruiser market. The G35 is apparently where they want their driving fans to buy, which is fine but I feel they are leaving a market open. Before any of the other affordable family sedans were performance oriented, the Maxima was, with the whole 4DSS marketing theme. It just seems that Nissan could have once again been the standard bearer as the standout affordable performance sedan by going with a RWD setup they have readily available for the FM platform. I am sure they will sell more Maximas than they have in the past, the design sets it apart(regardless, I find it ugly), the power is top of class, and the unique interior is sure to awe the masses. Chrysler found this formula to be rather rewarding in financial terms. But like C&D said, it is dissappointing to see the Maxima as basically an "upmarketed" Altima.

-the_bear
    +1

I am moon lighting from Maxima.org (thinking of a WRX) and I do not care for the styling or the drivetrain of the 04. This car is just as fast as the 95-96 4th gen (fastest so far is the 02-03 3.5) and I would agree with this post that they did not target the enthusiast market. The VQ has been called the best v6 in the world regardless of price and I am a big fan, but for around the same money I would get the same engine with the drivetrain that I want in a G35.
    http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...499_9_full.jpg

Mods: WSP Y-pipe, Custom Midpipe, Custom Ram Air feeding a JWT filter & Velocity Stack

Motor Trend, Road Test, June 1994
    "Our tester, a five-speed SE version of this fourth generation of Maxima, produced a blazing 6.6-second 0-60-mph time, and a 15.2-second, 92.4-mph quarter-mile run. Ask us, and we'll tell you how the Maxima SE will whip the Integra GS-R, and Taurus SHO; the new Maxima also shows no mercy on its Nissan stablemates: It'll stomp the normally aspirated 300ZX, and drivers of automatic-transmissioned 300ZX Turbos best not be snoozing when the light goes green. This demure-looking family car is the quickest Japanese sedan available in the States."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    I give the Maxima, and Nissan in general, full marks for the power their engines put out, but the new Maxima design is enough to make me gag. This is an alarming trend at Nissan, the cars are getting uglier, epecially the ones with the new signiture front grill (Maxima, Murano, etc...) I do however love the G35 coupe, but the rest of the cars really leave something to be desired.

I agree though, be careful when you line up next to one.

-joe
    dont forget the 350z ,its nice...same car as g35 from what i saw at the world of wheels

Originally posted by Street Reeper
    +1

I am moon lighting from Maxima.org (thinking of a WRX) and I do not care for the styling or the drivetrain of the 04.
    I used to have a 4th gen Maxima, 5-speed with some minor mods. I also hung out around Maxima.org. Unless you really like the largeness of the Maxima, you wouldn't regret moving to a WRX. I did and I'm loving it. Sure, it's not a luxury car like the Max sorta was, but I always felt like I was in an old man's car.

No offense to the old men around here.

Josh
    ribonucleic acid freakout

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123