Ran an 04 maxima....look out for this one!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ran an 04 maxima....look out for this one!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just to help people visualize. Also included with these pictures was a brief review of the car. I personally love ...

Just to help people visualize. Also included with these pictures was a brief review of the car. I personally love the back seat, but it does take away from the family car aspect. It is now a four seater. Here is the brief review:

"The 2004 Nissan Maxima is heavily based on the 2002 Altima. Sharing suspension, engine and most of the frame.
    The Maxima stays a front wheel drive, powered by the 3.5Liter V6 found in many other Nissan models and the Renault Vel Satis.

From early photos, it looked like the designers got pretty tired after designing the great looking Murano. Although very close in shape to the Altima, the new Maxima ends up having its own personality, and looks great in person. One very impressive sedan. Should start under $29 000."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very nice! I just love the rear seats
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good overall, IMO. But what the hell happened to the sunroof? Is that what I'm seeing in that last picture? That's pretty messed up.

Also, I think Nissan should have utilized the rear-drive platform for an otherwise very capable car.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

EWWWWW.....YUCK..........BLAH.......

Ewww, Nissan has been breeding with Caddies! I see some CTS in that design. I no likey the shell...interior tho, thats good stuff. If Nissan would grow a brain and offer that platform in RWD, or AWD....(yeah, it would be a G35, I know).
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Funny you should say that, I saw some Caddy in there, as well.

See, a rear-drive Maxima would be very G35-like, but why not offer it for $6-7k less than the G35 and give it RWD and maybe 20 less hp? I think that's a perfectly viable way to go. Sort of like an Accord V6 coupe and the 3.2CL relationship. It should be RWD, dammit!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

barf. no really...BARF! saturn maxima. or is it nissan ion? i dont see any angle of that car that attracts me. i used to LOVE maximas...i dont know what nissan is smoking. must be some crazy stuff though. lol. also- any idea why the fog lights are pointing away from the front of the car? ??? is that to light up the sides of the road? pothead nissan designers.

I'm not surprised... my new 03 Maxima 6-speed has 255hp and its a beast for such a big car. I smoke people all the itme in that thing... its such a sleeper. The 04's have even more power...

That said, my 03 is a sweet, sweet car. I've got the silver SE with black leather and fully loaded. Awesome car, I can't say enough good things about it. This is my 10th new Nissan in my life, and I've never taken any of them in for anything other than routine maintenance, and a bad o2 sensor on a 96 SE-R. Thats impressive if you ask me...
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

My bro in law has the 03 as well. You are right, very sweeeeeeet. The rear seat on the 04 is available as a bench as well I was told.
    Now, the sales guy still had a **** eating grin on his face from our test drive race, but he did say bench is available. (This when I said I could not fit my three young sons in the back).
    Don't flame. Be nice

Performance/sumptuousness =
    Exterior Appearance =
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Hey, now, nothing wrong with the CTS. As was said earlier, different strokes...

Besides, the CTS is RWD.
    2000 Forester - 2003 Cadillac CTS - 1988 Toyota Celica AllTrac - 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T - 1968 Cadillac Eldorado

My mother has an 03 Maxima. She turned in her leased 99 Maxima and bought the 03. Both Automatic. MY brother has a 5 speed 99 maxima. All sweet cars. The 03 however, even in auto is FAST. It is a sweet car. I took my friend out who has a WRX in it and he said it would definitely beat a WRX in higher speeds. Possibly even in every situation other than a launch. This was an auto too, so I can imagine the 6 speed is even better. I don't like the look of the 04, but I didn't like when the current gen came out either, and now I do. The only part of the 04 that I can say I really like is the rear.

IS it just me or do others feel that the newly styled Max looks a LOT like a GS300/400?

In the back that thing looks like the recently released Saturn Ion. That is a BAD thing. I really wanted an '03 Max also and a 99, well hell for the last 6-7 years I've been feeling this car. I also lost it when I flipped through C&D and saw the 2004.

The AWD and 4 cylinders really made me pick the Subaru over it though. The Maxima has always been a very nice blend of sport and business- which is one thing I have to fault the WRX on but oh well I love my WRX.

AJ
    "You have to let it all go; fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free...your mind."

You can run, but between my Glock and My WRX- you will only die tired.

2002 Black WRX Sedan RIP 08.24.04
    2005 Black WRX STi 09.14.04

Good friend of mine has a 03 SE Max, loaded. We strapped on a Frankencar intake month or so ago. Yikes! Its a beast now. At 4k rpm, the intake changes geometry and it wants to run hard. Sounds comming from the engine will raise yer shackles. On the interstate, it'll go. I dunno how I'd fair against it even with my mods. Toss in the slick shifting 6 speed(long throws, but silky smooth), nice taught suspension and quiet ride, and its a steal at the 23-25k that they cost. They take to mods okay for a NA car too. Y-pipe, intake and pullies and 300 @ the crank is not unheard of.

He called his dealership and they will install his underdrive pulley, only void the belt warranty too. The dealership ENCOURAGES clients to mod...wish SOA was this cool. We tried to install the underdrive, but I could not get the power-steering pump to cooperate(set screw I didn't see).

Its kinda funny when we go places, we argue over who's gonna drive. End up alternating cars most of the time, but we switch drivers on the way back. Both are a hoot to drive.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.