WRX vs. S4 Part II
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. S4 Part II within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey All.... I just wanted to post ... We finally had a rematch..... We ran 3 or 4 more times...... ...

WRX vs. S4 Part II

Hey All....

I just wanted to post ... We finally had a rematch.....

We ran 3 or 4 more times...... The first time, the S4 took it.... this time, it's because I mis-shifted......Yeah, I know, terrible cop out.... but it's true... I screwed up....

We ran a few more times... from a roll... in 1st gear..... 15-20 miles per hour......

We were even just about to the top of 2nd, redlline.... but I could see that I was already gaining.... by like a 1/4th of a car.... then the rest was history.....up to about 110mph, when I shut down... he was clearly 3-4 car lengths behind me.

Each time we ran, from a roll, in first, and 2nd gear.... I took it.

I got to talking with Mark (vicomte) same guy.. from before.. previous thread... he's pretty cool... although, I do have to say his S4 is totally stock......so, the few mods I've done, definitely helped me out......

Anyways... it was a lot of fun..... I'm sure we'll run again.. especially if he ever does the chip and exhaust upgrades.....
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    but really a stock vs. stock S4 and WRX...the wrx SHOULD win, am i correct? ( assuming equal drivers)

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats on your win, btw

an s4 will blow your doors off. that's a machine man.

Engine Type: 2.7L V6
    Displacement (cc/ci): 2671/163
    Valves: 30
    Horsepower: 250@5800
    Torque: 258@1850
    Fuel System: SEFI
    Transmission: Manual OD
    Curb Weight(MT/AT): 3593/NA
    EPA Class: COMPACT
    Length: 176.7
    Width: 72.7
    Height: 54.
    Invoice Price: $35,252
    Retail Price : $38,900

CAR AND DRIVER
    "But you don't get the quickest sprinter to 60 mph. Owing to its greater girth and tires that refuse to break loose at the moment of launch despite our best efforts, the Audi trailed the Subaru to 60 mph by a smidge, 0.1 second. By 100 mph, however, the Audi had picked up enough steam to be a half-second ahead of the [WRX], and it continued to widen the gap to its governed 142-mph top speed.

mods are pretty similar to the rex too. a little less out there, but a chipped s4 would be an embarrassing defeat for a rexer who was stock. a lot of peeps i know are chipping their audis now. they come premapped, so its a real easy mod if you got the cash.

dR

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah i got my butt kicked by a fixed up S4 the end of last year, you should not mess with any Audi A4s with a little red badge on teh left side of the trunk.

i got my ass handed to me from a roll at 45 or so. stupid me thought it was an a4, and unfortunately, i was right in that guy's sweet spot.

oh well. i'll run him again with the mbc soon and see the story.

dR

I Support ClubWRX
    i have a friend, really a friend of a friend, who used to own an S4. he CRASHED his, and got a WRX as a replacement. sadly for him, though, his wrx is an automatic

Audis and VW's are electrical nightmares. I would never pay that knid of money just because it's new in total disregard of the facts that that audi isn't going to start all the time. or the damn fule door adjar warnig light keeps coming on , or the egr valve keeps going bad etc. The subaru simply is a far better value.
    I get tired of hearing all this bs about (watch out for that chipped $*%&#, or a nitroused %&$*&%. TO me it's all about what you can do with yours stock and that's it. Any crack head with a 95 Civic ex and a bottle of nos can surprise anybody, that still dosen't mean he/she can drive. it judt means there ricer has alot of nos in it and they know how to flip a switch while driving...big deal.
    Real men can make a stocker scream period. These crackheads running around here talkin about my celica can run 12.5 in the quarter with just an exhaust and a damn cold air intake are just as stupid as me claiming I can take a Ferrari Modena at a track in any category besides spaciousness. It's stupid how we get all wrapped up in our machines that we start believing in the impossible.
    I use to think my SI could take a celica GTS bone stock anytime. That's damn stupid if the other guy knows how to drive. There is an eternity between a ET of 15.7 v's 15.3 on the strip. That is a rape job. So for all you pipe dreamers thinking your bone stock celica has a chance with a rex at 14.1, or to you IS lovers think the same your playing yourself....
    Stock for stock Car&Driver Magazine proved that under the same driving conditions the WRX can take the s4 ET 14.1 v's 14.2. It was done, recorded the end.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by scoob

I use to think my SI could take a celica GTS bone stock anytime. That's damn stupid if the other guy knows how to drive. There is an eternity between a ET of 15.7 v's 15.3 on the strip. That is a rape job. So for all you pipe dreamers thinking your bone stock celica has a chance with a rex at 14.1, or to you IS lovers think the same your playing yourself....
    Stock for stock Car&Driver Magazine proved that under the same driving conditions the WRX can take the s4 ET 14.1 v's 14.2. It was done, recorded the end.
    ...so for all you s4 audi's who think they can roll, i say: booyah!

haha, scoob,

I gotta love that candor and you are so very right.
    For all the nice-ness that VW and Audi's are supposed to have, the doors are extremely narrow and the windows tend to fall into the doors on Jettas. I'll admit some interior issues with my WRX, but I don't see the window falling into the ridiculouly narrow door any time soon. And I didn't pay that freaking much for my car.

Still, I like the fact that I'll have $550 worth of engine mods and I'll be running about a 13.5@above 100mph at the track. I'm talking what I have now and a Godspeed uppipe. I was going to buy the service manuals before I do the uppipe, but I was talking to Dan (God) today and he thinks I can handle it without them. I want to do the Whiteline anti-lift kit too, that should improve my 60' time and handling, but that can wait. I just have to make sure this coolant issue gets resolved.

-Jim

Cool fellas handle your business, but when you roll Rex style, roll proud and don't let these VW/Audi guys get to your head, because we can take them
    PS blow there windows out for them, beat them to it

A stock S4 will hand you your ass if your WRX is stock. I'm not sure how Car & Driver arrived at the conclusion that the WRX is faster. My friend's 2000 S4 pulls away from my WRX at pretty much any speed.

I love my WRX, but I'm not going to try to convince myself that it's a $40,000 six cylinder twin turbo killer.

Read the C&D issue and you'll figure it out.

Registered User Quantum-Racing.com's Avatar
    OK, I have a question. I used to run DSM's and had a nasty little AWD Eclipse packing an 18G (our cars have a 13G stock I believe). Anyhoo, I know that at 1.15 kg/cm^2, later on, it would pull past a C5. I was running 1.05 that night and a bit too rich, but anyways, I ran into an Audi, but I am not sure which one. I didn't know much about them. It had the emblem on the right of the trunk lid and some colored emblem on the left of the trunk lid. Two punk kids were in it and pulled up to me on the highway. I waved 'cause they were just staring and they flipped me off and dropped the hammer. I didn't really downshift (underestimated) and my turbo was a little slow in waking up of course. Anyways, I couldn't really pull on him too fast at, say, 100 or above. I could keep up but nothing too dramatic as far as pulling on him. Granted I was pretty rich and running lower boost, but it really surprised me. Anyone got an idea what model it was?
    BTW, I ran into him again on the highway but I had my g/f in the car going to the theatre and it was a bit too crass to do a 100+mph race to watch the nutcracker.
    www.Quantum-Racing.com
    Home of the Dynapack AWD Dyno
    Sales Email, Tech Email

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by 7nth_Son
    A stock S4 will hand you your ass if your WRX is stock. I'm not sure how Car & Driver arrived at the conclusion that the WRX is faster. My friend's 2000 S4 pulls away from my WRX at pretty much any speed.

I love my WRX, but I'm not going to try to convince myself that it's a $40,000 six cylinder twin turbo killer.
    read up man, the facts don't lie. review after review, test after test, the wrx out performs

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.