Wagon vs Early 90's ford ranger!!!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wagon vs Early 90's ford ranger!!!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yah thats right. Im desperate for kills. And have been on a high since desimating the two SRT-4's at the ...

Wagon vs Early 90's ford ranger!!!!!!!!

Yah thats right. Im desperate for kills. And have been on a high since desimating the two SRT-4's at the same time. So im killing time before a job interview this morning in Irvine. Comeing from Riverside now I gave myself a lot of time to get there and ended up getting there about 2 hours early. (for those of you who are not in so cal, driving from riverside to Irvine in the morning over the freeway is say 40 miles, but because of traffic can easily take you far more then 2 hours.. it only took me an hour and a half this time))

Anyhow, so im driving up and down theese perfectly straight streets, with lights about every 1/4th to 1/2 mile hoping to get next to some absurd car that you happen to see in Irvine. The last time I worked a contract position up there for a week I saw 3 Lamborgini diablo's, 2 turbo porsches, and 1 astin martin v12 vanquish(sp? on any of those). So I was pretty hopefull I could find something that would totally and utterly destroy me.

Now on to the actuall story, thank you loyal readers for sticking with me here. So im up infront at each of theese lights and thi solder guy in this Ranger keeps gunning it at every light, so I decide at the next light ill stay ahead of him. I dont launch it or anything but of course im really pretty far ahead by first. This is when my amazing professional level driving skills kick in and I totally miss second and have a hard time getting into second. I become semi retarded for about 4 seconds tring to get into gear and he actually passes me and I have to catch up before the next light which I barely do. This guy now is looking down at me like im some retard in a civic with a body kit and he just showed me what an american V6 can do.

Anyways.. next time I half launch it from 3k and go WOT through 1st and 2nd and I dunno how many car lengths ahead I was. I havnt been this far ahead since the fore mentioned 2 x SRT-4 fiasco. Anyways.. at this light he wouldnt look at me, I dunno why. Maybe he had something in his eye or hurt his neck and couldnt look that way anymore.
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I drive a 99 Ford Stranger as my work truck. Good job on the kill! It takes a certain kinda driver to bring one of these monsters down. The 3 liter 6 banger makin 140hp is a writhing coil of power for sure.

However, havin to drive the POS all day at work, and then gettin in my REX makes it all worthwhile, I go from 140hp and close to 5000 pounds to a 300(or close to that)hp 3200 pound car. Great fun. Plus the work truck is stinky, sweat and uhmmm...upset stomach smells are embedded in the fabric.

ohhh...One more. I was doing some work at a house that had 4-5 dogs out back. I did the prelim work on the boundary, came back a week later. The dogs were gone, the land was cleared, they kicked the owners out. No big deal, I set the property corners for the subdivision and was on my way. I looked down while driving, and saw a flea on my shirt. Plucked it off and continued. Looked down again and saw 15-20 of the little blood-suckers. Seems the flea eggs hatched due to the ground being disturbed, and I was the only warm thing to wander across thier path. I pulled the flap of my BDU's up, and it was BLACK with fleas. So the truck got bug-bombed. The poor guy that went out there the next day to do some work on the septic lines got over 500 flea bites, and gave his dog fleas

That truck stinks.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

How'd the job interview go and what was it for?

T.

It actually went pretty well. Its for a big windows 2000/xp conversion up there for this pharmisudical company. It is a 9 month contract for like 20 dollars an hour. The durration is much better then anything else I have had come up since I lost my job.
    -Andrew

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.