ATP Stage II SRT-4 Vid - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on ATP Stage II SRT-4 Vid within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; that thing kept up with the vette in the other lane pretty good. i bet if they put the boost ...

that thing kept up with the vette in the other lane pretty good. i bet if they put the boost back to stock it would be faster. supposedly the ecu pulls a s*@tload of timing when it sees more boost than it wants. would explain the 102 trap.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    using slicks usually does lower your ET for fwd and rwd i believe
    whenever traction is a problem slicks will def make a world of difference.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    using slicks usually does lower your ET for fwd and rwd i believe
    Speed: HE meant that slick usually lowers your trap speed. So for him to be running slicks and making the same trap speed that is good. If that guy were to put on some street tires, trap would go UP.

Yep. Everyone (I thought) knew this. Also, by getting traction, rpms are lower at launch. Same reason you can crap your 60' with wheelspin and have a high mph. The dyno graphs are posted on atp's website if you want to know the exact numbers it made...it isn't a secret

VV

Originally posted by BamBooI
    Speed: HE meant that slick usually lowers your trap speed. So for him to be running slicks and making the same trap speed that is good. If that guy were to put on some street tires, trap would go UP.

As a side note, anyone see the MOPAR sponsored SRT-4 drag car? I don't know specifics except that it still uses the 2.4L SRT4 engine. Supposedly the amount of stock parts is surprising (gleamed from cover of magazine as I glanced through the rack). Ran a pretty quick time for a FWD 4 cylinder...

9.07 @ 155 mph

VV

Originally posted by VetteVert
    As a side note, anyone see the MOPAR sponsored SRT-4 drag car? I don't know specifics except that it still uses the 2.4L SRT4 engine. Supposedly the amount of stock parts is surprising (gleamed from cover of magazine as I glanced through the rack). Ran a pretty quick time for a FWD 4 cylinder...

9.07 @ 155 mph

VV
    They are putting 825 HP through the engine using the stock block (.096 over bore and block filled with Hard Blok), stock crank, stock head (ported and water ports welded closed), stock bearings, valve seals, lash adjusters, oil system, and ignition coil.

Check out http://phatridz.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=38&
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

not that a WRX need drag slicks but what would a Prodrive stage 2 WRX run?Or Turbo XS stage 2?Seems the import worl is lok at the SRt against the WRX for some reason. Maybe that crap talon- srt- Wrx video floating around
    --Little John--

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    --Colin McRae

"Power is nothing without control"

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-flat-4.gif

"Are you OK to drink?"

Originally posted by 0260B4U
    not that a WRX need drag slicks but what would a Prodrive stage 2 WRX run?Or Turbo XS stage 2?Seems the import worl is lok at the SRt against the WRX for some reason. Maybe that crap talon- srt- Wrx video floating around
    why is that vid crap?just wondering
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Well because everyone is basing that vid on the srt being faster than te WRX. I'd like to see them line up a real track. **** I was running as fast as the Ram air trans ams at the 1/8 this weekend because they couldnt get traction. And Im stock

Originally posted by 0260B4U
    Well because everyone is basing that vid on the srt being faster than te WRX. I'd like to see them line up a real track. **** I was running as fast as the Ram air trans ams at the 1/8 this weekend because they couldnt get traction. And Im stock
    well what do wrx run stock 1/4mi? what bout srt-4?
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

from what I have heard they both are 14 second cars. So basically a drivers race. WRX got trap speed.SRT has top end

From the la-la world of mag racing, I think the SRT-4 is around 14.0-14.2 at 99-102 mph. The WRX 14.1-14.5 at 94-96 mph. SRT-4 has a slight advantage.

In reality, you have traction issues for the SRT-4, although it appears 2.0 to 2.1 60 foot times are the norm, which isn't too bad for FWD open diff, those equal length driveshafts appear to work fairly well.

For the WRX, people might not be as willing to feather the clutch from 4500RPM to get the best launch.

Should make for some great stories once the tracks open up for the summer.

-B

Yeah lots of wheelspin and it'll do nothing but get worse as the hp increases. Sucky parts of FWD. AWD ownz you
    --Little John--

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    --Colin McRae

"Power is nothing without control"

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-flat-4.gif

"Are you OK to drink?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.