MB S600 Vid - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on MB S600 Vid within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Some of those MBZs are no joke. My dad's CLK was pretty quick, and he could hit 100 pretty quickly. ...

Some of those MBZs are no joke. My dad's CLK was pretty quick, and he could hit 100 pretty quickly. (I didn't dare drive his car to 100.) Their two top engines are pretty badass: a supercharged 5.5-liter V-8 (found in various AMGs, like the new E55 and SL55) and a twin-turbo 5.5-liter V-12 (found in the CL600, S600, and SL600; a modified version with a few extra horses and lb.-ft is offered in the Maybach)

Now imagine that bad-ass of an engine in a CL or SL with a 6-speed manual... Too bad DaimlerChrysler believes that MBZ cars should all have autos...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

aaron you got the torque sheet?
    lambosv21

Are those the hand made engines?

Originally posted by DeeezNuuuts83
    a twin-turbo 5.5-liter V-12 (found in the CL600, S600, and SL600; a modified version with a few extra horses and lb.-ft is offered in the Maybach)
    Is that true That's crazy!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by lambosv21
    aaron you got the torque sheet?
    no but here is one for the CL65.

the torque is Limited becasue of the gearbox.

Odd little dip at 5300 rpm, wonder if it pulled some throttle for a shift or something? Still, sweet "curve" if you can call something that flat a curve.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Is that true That's crazy!
    Yeah, it's very true. I heard that for the next iteration of the S-Class, MBZ is going to turbocharge every engine for those models. The only problem is that the MBZs cost a lot more than the BMWs they compete against.

Yeah, it's very true. I heard that for the next iteration of the S-Class, MBZ is going to turbocharge every engine for those models. The only problem is that the MBZs cost a lot more than the BMWs they compete against.
    Sweet...now if only I could afford it
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

The only problem is that the MBZs cost a lot more than the BMWs they compete against.
    Yeah, it just too bad that BMW does not make a 600HP, 740LB/ft engine.

crazy! I knew that the sl55 and new e55 were mid 12 sec cars, but never would have imagined that the s600 luxo-cruiser would be such a beast. Doesn't the s55 (AMG) have the same hp rating? I think the s55 is s/c'd while the s600 is twin turbo, but both are rated at 493 hp. I wonder what the torque diff is...

WOW. 4,000 lbs and ran a 12.4.

Originally posted by FastARSEWRX
    I wonder what the torque diff is...
    Even though both engines have monstrous torque, the difference is still big. The supercharged 5.5-liter V-8s have 516 lb.-ft, but the twin-turbo 6.0-liter V-12s have 590 lb.-ft, and the Maybach version of the V-12 has 550 hp and 663 lb.-ft.

MBZ claims that both the new cars with the new V-12s should be capable of 0-60 mph times of between 4.5 and 4.8, depending on the model (CL, S, SL), and without the electronic speed limiters it should be capable of around 191 mph.

Originally posted by AaronC
    Ferrari 360 $140,615 - $170,779 ET: 12.8s
    360 will run circles around that bloated car any day of the week. Not even close. It is about even on drag, but as soon as you take it to the course, it is all over.

Originally posted by jk147
    360 will run circles around that bloated car any day of the week. Not even close. It is about even on drag, but as soon as you take it to the course, it is all over.
    I am in Awe, O Master of the Obvious

You think the S600 is fast?

I was reading an issue of Automobile magazine (from a month or two ago), and at the end of an article about the 600, it said that there is an S62 AMG in the works. What does that translate to? Over 600 hp, according to the article.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.