Volvo Wagon S70

This is a discussion on Volvo Wagon S70 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Some guy was with his wife and a kid in Volvo wagon riding on my butt, weaving side to side ...

Volvo Wagon S70

Some guy was with his wife and a kid in Volvo wagon riding on my butt, weaving side to side like he wants to pass. Keep in mind I was doing 60-65 on a 40 in the middle lane. The car in the left lane was doing the same speed so the Volvo could not pass. An opening came in the right lane for him when a car turned and we pulled up to a stoplight side by side. I thought no way is he going to race. Light turns green and I take off slow just waiting to see what he would do. The Volvo goes WOT so then I hit it WOT as well. So I basically had the worst start you could have in a WRX (going about 5 mph before I hit it) . Therefore, I had to play catch up. By the end of 1st gear I was maybe about 1 car length ahead. Shifted into 2nd and pulled like another 3 more car lengths on him by 70mph and was pulling hard. He stayed way back after that. I wouldn't have bothered racing him but he was driving like such an *******.

I know a Volvo kill isn't much to brag about but it was more the putting him in his place that was the satisfaction.

I looked on the Volvo website and they have 4 model ranging in hp from 168, 197 and 247. I'm guesing it was either the 168 or 197 hp model I raced.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The T5R model is snazzy. Lowered and low-pro tires.

You need to watch out for the new S60R, its a BEAST. 300 hp, and AWD...its gonna be so undercover too. Neat car.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by brembo
    The T5R model is snazzy. Lowered and low-pro tires.

You need to watch out for the new S60R, its a BEAST. 300 hp, and AWD...its gonna be so undercover too. Neat car.

What year is the T5R model?

When is the S60R coming out?

I don't know much about Volvos.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmm, I think the T5R models were only made when they had the 850, 960, etc. line (before the alphanumeric designations of V70, S60, etc.). Those were fun cars! Nice little turbo in those bad boys...very cool vehicle. We ran one up to almost 150 on the highway one time. Good stuff from Sweden.

I don't know about the S60R...sounds intriguing.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

took my mom's '99 T5 sedan volvo to the dragstrip one night. Automatic with carseat and all this crap in the trunk ran a 14.9 in the 1/4 at around 95mph...i was pretty impressed
    lambosv21

S60R, read about it in the latest R&T. AMAZING electronic suspension enhancments. Its got a flippin home computer equilavent computer running the show for traction and anti-sway. Torquey engine, with lots of punch. Big and flabby compared to the REX, but it'll still hustle, R&T was guessing a 5.7-5.4 0-60 for the family wagon. The writer said the "sport" setting was the stiffest car he had ever been in, this side of a full blown race car. It outta be a hoot to drive, I dunno the price. It WILL go head to head with the STi for sure, being AWD and stuff. Probably get better reviews, seeing as how Volvo knows how assemble an interior that feels "right". STi will be more edgy and have a bit more performance, but the testers with the big mags like a bit of comfort...lord only knows why, sports cars are meant to be DRIVEN and abused, who the hell cruises when the engine is willing?

Something to consider if the wifey gets annoyed at the frumpy looks and questionable interior of the REX. You'd have to pry the keys outta my cold dead hands when it comes to the REX tho, love mine.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!