Modded EVO at the track!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Modded EVO at the track!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys i say the new EVO it ran 12.5 very fast i found out his mods were better tires, ...

Modded EVO at the track!!!

hey guys i say the new EVO it ran 12.5 very fast

i found out his mods were better tires, stage 2 chip?, and took off his muffler from the axel back and had bigger intercooler.
    he dyoned at 300+hp

thats pretty inpresive numbers, and the car looked so much better in person very aggresive looking but those altezzas have to go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow. 12.5!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Mitsubishi ECUs aren't chippable. None in the last 10 years has benefited from a chip.

One of the companies used to sell a chip for DSMs. You sent in your ECU and got it back with a bleeder valve. Guess where the power came from? The ECU was dumped before & after and had *NO* change in code.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

^are you sure^ well that suck if its true can get a 12.5 with out chip!! all wrx owners are gonna get there asses haned to them

I just read an article that said the the EVO VII and the EVO III had the same motors... So no change in hp or tq. So it's possible that the chip could have came overseas.. just my .02cents so they could be chippable just not be any US company since the haven't had a car to test out any chips on..

Mitsubishis don't need a chip to be modded because of the way their WOT programming is done. Basically, when you go WOT, the car sprays a lot of fuel, using the knock sensor to adjust timing along the way. If you buy an Apexi SAFC for $300, you can use whatever injectors you want and tune to your heart's content. 1g DSMs actually go faster if you lean them out at WOT. 3kGT/Stealths are the opposite, needing more fuel to cool the hot air from the tiny turbos.

I've owned 7 1st gen 4G63's and a 4g61 (the 1.6 liter turbo).
    John M
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

John M - would the mitsu ECU's benefit from a piggyback type ecu that alters timing AND fuel curves a-la unichip for WRX's?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

That's not really needed on DSMs but it would sell hundreds if someone made it for the 3k/Stealth. Our stock injectors are 360cc so when we change to 550s or larger, we're lying to the ECU bigtime. As a result, it's using timing maps that give way too much advance for the amount of boost we're running.

It's better to be able to do your own fuel curve with the SAFC because you can constantly make small changes. Something that fixes the timing would be embraced by the whole 3S community.
    John M

Re: Modded EVO at the track!!!

Originally posted by SjpWrx
    hey guys i say the new EVO it ran 12.5 very fast

i found out his mods were better tires, stage 2 chip?, and took off his muffler from the axel back and had bigger intercooler.
    he dyoned at 300+hp
    Stock turbo? If so, then I'm really impressed.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Stock turbo is a 16g which can put DSMs into the 11s. With that & a giant front mount IC, all you need is an exhaust & fuel setup to go really fast.

Too bad it'll set you back $30k for the privledge.
    John M

that car is:

www.pruvenperformance.com

yeps the big 16G turbo have LONG put DSMs into the 11s so I dont see why the evo cant do mid 12s
    Last edited by dukmahsik; 03-24-2003 at 01:39 PM.
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by John M
    Mitsubishis don't need a chip to be modded because of the way their WOT programming is done. Basically, when you go WOT, the car sprays a lot of fuel, using the knock sensor to adjust timing along the way. If you buy an Apexi SAFC for $300, you can use whatever injectors you want and tune to your heart's content. 1g DSMs actually go faster if you lean them out at WOT. 3kGT/Stealths are the opposite, needing more fuel to cool the hot air from the tiny turbos.

I've owned 7 1st gen 4G63's and a 4g61 (the 1.6 liter turbo).
    this guy knows wat he's talking about
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

John M - Why do you think it is that nobody up to now has come out with a piggy back system to fix the timing issues as well? It seems as if then that the DSM/3K/Stealth cars do have the potential to be even faster than they currently are. They are unable to tap into once vital resource - Timing......

unless of course.... if they run standalone ECUs right?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

The EVO is chipable. When i was at the auto show one of Mitsu's reps was talking to me about the car, and said that there is a chip available giving you 300hp. He also said it'll ruin you engine warranty.

jigga -

Lots of 3S people are jumping on the AEM standalone bandwagon. It's great for a race car but I don't see the need for a daily driver, plus it's $1500+.

I'm tempted to try an Apexi ITC timing controller, ~ $250, to back timing down and see if it improves performance. Honestly I don't know why no 3S people have mentioned it. Then again, when I first said I wanted to run 12s on stock turbos, I was told it was impossible. They just needed some old DSM guys to show 'em how to mod those v6's

RollaS -

It's proven that the manufacturer reps at the shows don't know squat about the car they're showing, except the buzzwords required to sell it. This is with any make/model.

More power = more boost, and a Mitsubishi ECU can't add boost, it can only lower it by modulating or closing the boost solenoid. The stock setup is a bleeder-type arrangement, something an ECU mod can't affect.
    John M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast