Modded EVO at the track!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Modded EVO at the track!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; john m is this all from your first gen dsm experience or evo 8 experience too. i would imagine the ...

john m

is this all from your first gen dsm experience or evo 8 experience too. i would imagine the engine management required to meet obd2 regs would be significantly different than a first gen dsm.

just thinking "outloud". i don't know squat about mitsu. ecus.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i've said it before and i'll say it again the wrx and evo8 are not intended for drag use, they are out of there element. it's like a cobra on a road course. not bad but not great.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

2nd gen DSMs were the same way ECU-wise. The 4g63 hasn't changed much since it was designed in the late 80s (the NA version can be traced to the 70s!)

There's only so many ways to run a 4g63. Buschur's 7-second race car ran a stock ECU (removed rev limiter and fuel cut but stock maps, mainly because nobody makes anything else) with a VPC until only recently. I'd say that's a pretty good argument for the factory engine management.

Their code will continue to work on emissions and fuel economy requirements but as for all-out power production they've pretty much had it nailed for years. I don't forsee Mitsu adding a smart boost control system either. The bleed solenoid is simple, effective, and cheap.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Originally posted by John M

RollaS -

It's proven that the manufacturer reps at the shows don't know squat about the car they're showing, except the buzzwords required to sell it. This is with any make/model.

Yeah, you're right on that part. 300hp sounded good though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12