'99 Vette
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '99 Vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally a nice day! So many fast cars out, it turned into a target rich environment today. I was driving ...

'99 Vette

Finally a nice day! So many fast cars out, it turned into a target rich environment today. I was driving along and going the other way I see a Mustang GT lined up against a Vette. I turned around in a parking lot, but by the time I had pulled back out they had already taken off. I could see the race from behind, the Vette wasted the Stang by at least 8 car lengths. I did my best to catch up without driving like a maniac. A while down the road we hit a light. The Mustang turned right, and the Vette stayed in the left lane. As I pulled up next to him the two guys looked over. " So ya beat the Stang huh?" I asked. The passenger replied " Yeah, we beat him by like 10 car lengths!" I have never been subtle, so I said " Sweet, wanna run?" They both grinned and said " Sure!"

I revved up to 5000 and stayed there, waiting for the light. As soon as it turned green I revved to 6 and slipped the clutch out. I could hear the Vette break his tires out, and I immediately jumped 3 car lengths or so. I kept pulling through 2nd and 3rd and by the time we hit 4th I was probably 8+ car lengths ahead of him and still pulling. I shut down and he pulled along side me. The passenger said " Let's try from a roll" so we both hit it in 2nd at about 40. He immediately pulled about a car length on me as my turbo spooled up, then stopped pulling. It was pretty even, with me slowly pulling him back to about even before we had to shut down before we hit 4th. Then we pulled over and talked shop. It was a 99 Vette 6 speed, bone stock except for intake. Fun race, cool guys. Yayy for nice weather!
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stock C5's are pretty darned fast. Nice!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Arrow C5 fun tonight

I raced a C5 6-speed from a roll and a stop tonight, the roll was 2nd and 3rd gear, he was maybe a nose up on me, then we stopped at a light. he was being an ass, saying how he beat me, i gave that to him because yes he did beat me by a nose. then i asked him if he had any problems hooking up off the line, he told me no, and i said i hope not....then the light turned green and i hammered a 4grand launch and i was gone, he pulled back to my rear bumper about 85 mph before we shut down, i was nice to him and simply said, too bad you didn't hook up good, he replied with, I did hook up good, the only thing im wondering is the fact that im 100 % stock...
    sliver 03' RX

Great race. Nothing compares to racing friendly people
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.