What is the most feared car to lineup with - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on What is the most feared car to lineup with within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the car pulled so hard but had so much traction problems. all this wheel hop down the track. those are ...

the car pulled so hard but had so much traction problems. all this wheel hop down the track. those are the tires that i use to drag. i belive if i have a good set of slicks i would be able to hit 11's and break a axel. and a car that is not made to be turbo'd should not be turbo'd. they need so much attention and tunning to keep it running at its best. thats why i went and bought my wrx. awd and comes stock with a turbo. problem solved.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by ebr0t
    ARG you beat me to it by like 10 seconds
    HAHA...victory is mine
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    No, this is a sleeper...

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/friends_paul_s.html
    A ha...that is a sleeper, but why would you do that to a van I wonder.
    Fahd

I tried to race a Ferrari 360 Spider once. I knew I would have my ass handed to me, so I figured why not, it's not like I'd be ashamed. I had a pretty good launch, but the dude didn't do anything since he knew he would probably destroy me.

I also wanted to race a Lotus Esprit Turbo that was following me off 405S, but my street came up right away, and I wanted to go home anyway.

Originally posted by DeeezNuuuts83
    I also wanted to race a Lotus Esprit Turbo that was following me off 405S, but my street came up right away, and I wanted to go home anyway.
    ...wuss...

jk.
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

Originally posted by Kramit
    ...wuss...

jk.
    If it makes any different, we started going at it on the offramp (which is two lanes, and I was ahead up until I turned on my street).

On the strip: I'd say a Camaro SS, I got whooped by one real bad once.
    On the road: A Cop.
    -1986 RX-7 GXL
    -2002 Blue WRX Wagon (given up)
    -2001 Prelude, (sold)
    -1989 Accord, (sold)
    -1984 Dodge RamCharger (Sold)

Sleepers are the scariest cars to line up with.

At a ClubSi meet (They're still cars. Why not go?) a blue EBP Si pulled up and it was making the most EVIL and meanest noises I've ever heard from a Civic. It whirred, snapped and crackled like an angry beast with a fuel pump that's audible for at least two blocks. After about 15 minutes of looking with a flashlight, the half-dozen of us concluded it was the best-hidden centrifugal supercharger we couldn't find.
    Another incident, a friend of mine who used to have a prelude was revved on by a very stock looking faded green '95 Integra. When the light turned green, he heard the whine of an Eaton supercharger and found himself staring at the rear end of the 'teg.
    Then there's those K-Cars and those vans...

Muscle cars (even sleeper ones) are scary, especally from a roll.
    Fast trucks. Anything powered by diesel that happens to go fast too.
    BPU Supras, 300Zs, RX7s on the freeway.
    And for those of you lucky enough...
    Any BPU Skyline GT-R under any conditions.

Dodge vans are VERY easy to make fast if they came with a turbo, which many did. They are cheap, and so are the parts for the most part. And they can still work as a minivan in terms of hauling people and cargo.

There's a video of a blue Dodge Caravan with the fake wood paneling owning a Camaro in the 1/4 mile. Was in the 12s and his kids are cheering him on, tehe.

-B
    Last edited by Beanboy; 03-28-2003 at 03:44 PM.

I think that was Gus Mahon in the van. Very well known in the FWD Mopar circles. I am about to purchase a 1989 Plymouth Acclaim. It has a 2.5 turbo (not intercooled) with a pretty much bulletproof block. Forged steel crank, forged rods, etc. Same motor as the Caravan.

The prices for parts are cheap as hell!Not to mention the price of the car.... $1100.

I'll be running 12's in the thing by the end of the summer.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

SVT Ford Lightning.....the ultimate sleeper

Originally posted by need4spd
    SVT Ford Lightning.....the ultimate sleeper
    Those cars are pretty quick. One kept up with my friend's RX-7.
    Fahd

feared car: ls1 (vettes/transam/camaro). i dont know, every other day, i get a ls1 comin after me... raced a few, get raped badly every time. worst time was against a ws6, i got the launch, he passed me once we hit 40 or so, it was like a ricer flyby, only while i'm at WOT, by 60 he was way ahead, i gave up by 80, he was about a block ahead...

other sad races: 90 blocky lookin civic hatch, no rear bumper, no exhaust, black fumes everywhere. rev like a moron at me. during racing, put about 10-15 car length on me by the time i hit 75...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.