shameful night ( S2K)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on shameful night ( S2K) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; on my way from the bar last night ( I was the D.D ) I ran into a group of ...

shameful night ( S2K)

on my way from the bar last night ( I was the D.D ) I ran into a group of cars that usually drive around at night and looking for races. there was a type-R, S2k and 3Gen eclipes.
    The type-R and S2k has taunitng me for quite a long time, they cut me off and try to get me to race them numerous time before, but I normally ignored them thinking that they are not worthy with my set up.
    At the red light with 2 lanes, S2k was the first in line at the left lane reving hard and I was second at the right lane ( behind a 1gen DSM). light turned green and the S2K took off fast. I had to play catch up (no AWD launch), I had to lane change and cut back to my lane because of the DSM in front of me was too slow ( he was racing too)
    so the S2K and I dusted evenyone back there. however I was ashamed that I couldn't catch up at all, we were going 100+km ( I have a JDM cluster with shift light set at 7k ). S2K didn't gain any more on me but I couldn't catch up(not even one car length) I shut down at the top of second and let him claim his victory.

with my set up, I should have at least 250 whp (I will find out soon after I got back from God's dyno session 2 weeks later)
    I was clearly in disadvantage with this race.
    1: there were 5 people in my car and the S2K has 2. (500lb?)
    2: no awd launch and I had to do a lane change to get clear.
    3: my Utec is not tuned so well yet ( I toasted my SBC-id and now I am playing with closed loop.)
    what do you guys think? I think I should still pull on him even with these disadvantages.

Ps. I know street racing is bad,,,,, please don't flame me,,,,,too bad....
    Last edited by slin02; 03-23-2003 at 10:49 AM.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Like you said, you had 5 people in your car!!! I wouldn't even have thought of racing someone with that many people in my car. I don't really feel 1 extra person but with 2 extra the car feels slow to me.

I say find them again when you are alone and race from a stop with nobody infront of you. That is a real race. But be safe and don't kill anyone. You will waste him.

I Support ClubWRX
    The thing I've noticed in this forum is that half a length is considered a total smack-down. And you gave up several lengths from the start.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

It was because the 1g DSM was slow and he had to pass him up. Otherwise he wouldn't have had to play catch up.
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

I dont know why you feel bad. First of all 5 people in your car? WTF! That is a lot of weight. If im driving two people in my car I feel a noticable difference during WOT..I cant imagine 5 (thats like 800 pounds considering you all are not heavy). Secondly, you did not use your WRX advantage of the AWD launch. Like you said, he was not gaining any. With your launch and less weight, im sure it would have been different with you in front and him not gaining at all.
    04 SVT Lightning

Trust me the weight difference makes quite a difference. My car is stock right now (waiting for the UPS truck) and my good friend has a 02 1.8T GTi that is stock. Normally when we race from anywhere I just pull like no tomorrow from low speeds and still substancially at highway speeds. Last night we were heading into town and I had two other people in the car with me one about 6' 1" and 192 lbs. and the other 6' and probably 220 lbs. and he had one passenger weighting about 100 lbs. We were playing around doing pulls from 65 or 70 and I had all kinds of trouble pulling on him, I maybe gained a little over half a car to a car up to 100 or so. When it is just me in my car and him in his, it is not very pretty.
    I claim no responsibility for unintentional offense.

I know weight makes huge difference, but the questions is I put down more hp at thewheel than the S2K has on its crank. that is why I feel so beat up about it.

Well yeah to be honest I would probably be thinking WTF about it as well, but you never know man, the launch and a driver that knows the car is the only thing keeping an S2K from being a mid to high 13 sec car stock (high RPM launches tend to destroy their drivetrains and lower RPM launches make them slow off the line, and the launching period is one of our main advantages). So take away a disadvantage from the S2K, take away an advantage from the WRX, and then load the WRX up with another 800 lbs and things will be skewed even if you car is capabale of much quicker ets. Your disappointment however is sensibly justified w/ the work done on your car.
    Last edited by Sharky NRK; 03-23-2003 at 06:33 PM.
    I claim no responsibility for unintentional offense.

Dude - don't worry about it. You were at an EXTREME disadvantage. You konw you can beat him and so do we. Your car is setup much better than his is. You said you see these guys alot, so I'm sure you will get another chance.

Go get 'im.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

What does the S2000 have done to it? These guys going around looking for races, surely it is not stock. Your setup would destroy a stock S2k no doubt.
    04 SVT Lightning

I'd like to see a S2K with 5 people in it, er on on it may be more accurate 2 guys taped to the hood with another hanging out in the boot!

I wouldn't sweat it, you have his ass. Catch him some otehr time when you're ready.

j.p.

thanks guys, I almost lost fate of my WRX,,,,,,,,,
    well, I guess we will have to see what happens next time!

Not to mention that before you get your UTEC tuned, you probably have less than 250 WHP. I have a friend who was (basically) stage 4 with a FMIC, and before he got it tuned it was putting down like 240 WHP, and after it was tuned, like 295. It makes a HUGE difference.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

IIRC, a fully loaded WRX with 5 people weighs in around 3900lbs, give or take.... That is enough to wreak havok with the power to weight ratio of almost any car out there....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.