Laser RS Turbo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Laser RS Turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hmm i may get a free Laser RS turbo (fwd) for free....needs a timing belt and a fender. other then ...

Laser RS Turbo

hmm i may get a free Laser RS turbo (fwd) for free....needs a timing belt and a fender. other then that i believe it's good. how much can i get for this car if i sell it fixed and if i sell it the way it is. anything would be a profit.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do you know if it runs? because if time belts break then the engine is pretty much screwed. What year is it also, and 1st gen DSM's in good condition with around 60-100k go for around 3-4 thousand dollars, but it may cost you more than that to fix if the engine is all screwed up.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

Originally posted by solak321
    do you know if it runs? because if time belts break then the engine is pretty much screwed. What year is it also, and 1st gen DSM's in good condition with around 60-100k go for around 3-4 thousand dollars, but it may cost you more than that to fix if the engine is all screwed up.
    the belt is worn and i highly doubt that if a belt is worn or bad the whole motor is screwed...it's a 1st gen. not sure on miles. not a lot of info i know it did run. anything is a profit and will be met with a smile.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Yeah you shouldn't have a problem if the timing belt is still intact. The timing belt controls the timing of the valves opening and closing in conjunction with the pistons going up and down so if it snaps that means your pistons start hitting your valves and stuff. In the condition you stated though it sounds like you could probably fetch between 1-1.5 thousand for it as is, but put a new timing belt on it and fix the body and you'll probably get 2.5 to 3 thousand i'd guess
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

i doubt that high myself th einterior is amazing tho, but i may just toss on a new belt and be done with it throw on a fender and spray it myself or keep it primer. anything over 500 i'll be happy.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I was looking at buying a first gen dsm. You can get them from 1 to 3 grand for the most part. So thats probably what you could sell them for.
    -Andrew

I wish I was closer - I'd buy it from you. I always wanted a Laser - the only 1g DSM I never owned.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

john i can always arrange for the car to be shipped to you?? interested?
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Re: Laser RS Turbo

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    hmm i may get a free Laser RS turbo (fwd) for free....
    Yeah, it ain't cost no money eitha!
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

Get it down to the Charlotte area & I can get to Millegeville.. got Family there I visit frequently. No, they aren't in the insane asylum there

j.p.

LOL - that's the first thing anybody says no matter where I go in the country.

"Milledgeville? Isn't that the looney farm?"

I am interested though. Pics would help me decide. That and knowing if the engine is still ok and needs a belt vs. has already thrown the belt & chewed the valves. If it has skipped timing or broken the belt it needs a full head rebuild. A compression check will show that easily.

It also depends on how much profit you're looking for. I'd give you $500 + shipping without you having to do anything to the engine or fender.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

i'll ask the owner soe questions so i can give u the info
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.