WRX vs. RSX Type-S
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. RSX Type-S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well on the way home today i was at a red light with an RSX Type-S waiting behind me. I ...

WRX vs. RSX Type-S

well on the way home today i was at a red light with an RSX Type-S waiting behind me. I was the first car on a 3 lane street that has a speed limit of 50 mph so i had clear space in front of me for about a mile or so. as the light turns green i ease out and wait for the RSX to do something. as i shift to 2nd he turns to the middle lane (i was in the far left lane) and begins to floor it. i anticipated his move and floored it before we were even (i know not a fair race). well we drove a pretty good distance before we had to shut down with him never side by side or ahead of me. (remember i jumped before him) it was a good little race and i will not post how fast we were going since i will get flamed for it. i gave him the thumbs up and he gave me a nod. didn't know what he had but i saw a typr-R wing and jdm integra lights (i don't know if he had an exhaust because he never passed me). overall it was pretty nice to finally run with a rsx type-s. (i was going to buy one before my wrx)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bubbrubb.gif  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Aren't you glad to know you made the right choice?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

You know....I actually raced a Type S at highway speeds once going from about 80-100 mph and we were pretty dead even. Just goes to show how our turbo sucks away top end power.

I raced a type S from a light once.. actually we were both in the right turn lane, he was in front of me and turned right and gunned it.. i turned right and gunned it too, I started about 5 cars behind.. The street was a little curvy. I passed him by the end of third.
    -Andrew

Originally posted by swipe112
    You know....I actually raced a Type S at highway speeds once going from about 80-100 mph and we were pretty dead even. Just goes to show how our turbo sucks away top end power.
    ??

no...it's more due to the gearing in 4th and 5th (which are very tall in comparison to 1-3),the awd, and less than stellar aerodynamics...

our small assed turbo dosnt help matters
    -Andrew

Originally posted by FastARSEWRX
    ??

no...it's more due to the gearing in 4th and 5th (which are very tall in comparison to 1-3),the awd, and less than stellar aerodynamics...
    This is true...although one shouldn't forget that in spite of less than stellar aerodynamics, 4wd, and a turbo that 'sucks away power" WRX's still outrun RSX's on top. 143 MPH in a funky wagon (stock) is nothing to sneeze at.

well the small turbo cant hang after like 5800 rpms or something like that.. maybe even lower. So just a turbo upgrade will pretty much help your top speed too. I think of all the short comings for a wrx at high speed the turbo is the biggest.
    -Andrew

Maybe, although these cars are electronically limited to 148 mph via a boost cut....so no matter how big the turbo the car won't go more than 148 without a different ECU or a reflash that specifically addresses this issue...or maybe just a MBC. Allegedly the reason for all this, however, is that the stock intercooler doesn't get much airflow at vehicle speeds of greater than 130. The other thing to consider it that the car is geared very well for top speed in that 6k RPM is 149 mph.

I would think the easiest way to make these cars go faster in top is to simply use a MBC, assuming that this gets around the boost-limited top speed control. Of course it's anybody's guess how long the engine would maintain these vehicle speeds. I'll have to give it a try!

I think only the Auto vertions of the WRX have a speed limiter
    -Andrew

The autos are limited to 130, the manuals to 148...I know. After having done some research on this I believe the limit is enforced via boost reduction...hence the notion that an MBC might be a way around this. With W or Y rated tires, of course.

Thats interesting.. I wasnt aware that the manual WRX was speed limited what so ever.
    -Andrew

My friend has a Type-S and he's no match for me. I even launch it after he burns out and he still can't catch me.

i was really surprised that he didn't keep up with me or even pass me. i've drived against other cars from a roll and i was either even or losing a little (240sx, talon,etc) let's just say i was @ redline in 4th gear at the end of the "run"

I think there is a tendency on these boards to underestimate the high speed potential of the WRX....they're actually pretty good up high. If you add high altitude into the equation then the Acura becomes yet more pathetic....but they do get much better gas mileage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.