GIT's faster 1/4 miles see what the fastest are turning..
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on GIT's faster 1/4 miles see what the fastest are turning.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here is a link that shows what some of the fastest GTI's are turning.. Bill Tylaska A.K.A. "Billy T." as ...

GIT's faster 1/4 miles see what the fastest are turning..

Here is a link that shows what some of the fastest GTI's are turning.. Bill Tylaska A.K.A. "Billy T." as we all know him is the fastest or "HAD" the fastest 1.8T untill he recently sold the car to someone in Texas I believe.. I did happen so see one guy break into the 11's at Sacromento Raceway this past summer.. Don't know his name but he had Oregon plates..

I'm not trying to start anything.. so I'm just putting this out there for you all to see. Fellow drivers to fellow drivers...

I've read the the RSX Type-S fastest know is a 13.7XX.. I havn't really seen what the fastest WRX.. it's still early I think with your motors but I've heard mid 12's for you guys...

Well here is the link that shows our numbers.

http://www.18turbo.com/quarter.html

Some of the info you guys might not understand..

I'll give you a little 411 for you..

2000 cars came with AWD motors that put out 150 hp with a Stock K03 turbo

2001 cars came with AWW motor which had 180 hp but had a K03 front end part of the Turbo and a K04 back end Turbo.. Basiclly the blads were from a K04 Turbo the font end was a K03 Turbo... make sence.. it was a K03/K04 Turbo..

2002... cars came with AWP Motors also 180 hp and same K03/K04 turbos..

T3/4 = upgradded Turbo
    GT25 = upgradded Turbo
    K04 = Audi TT 225 Turbo (upgradded Tubo if it's in a GTI, standard in the Audi TT 225hp)

"dp" = down pipe..
    "cb" = cat back

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know much, but the Easy Street WRX makes low 10's, with full interior.
    - Capt Crunch

You can get a WRX into the mid to high 12s for 3k

Easy Street has a street driven 700hp WRX in the 9's

but thats custom...

From the top to bottom for mass produced BOLT ON WRX kits...

Garret GT / FMIC kits= coming soon

PE1818 or 1820 Kits= 12.5's $3500

TXS Stage 4 or VS2 Equivalent kits peiced together.= 12.7's $3000

Stock Turbo Fully Bolt on w/ engine management= 12.9 $2000- 2500

Turboback Exhaust System W/ MBC= 13.5's= $1000

MBC only= 13.8's= $5-$50

With NOS Stage 4 Equivalent kits and above dive into the 11's
    Last edited by Butterfingers; 03-21-2003 at 05:33 PM.
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Me: I hit a highway divider at 120...
    Stupid Cousin: Is that a bad thing?

12.88 with multiple 12.9's on stock fuel (injectors and pump) with turboback exhaust, up-pipe, MBC, and a piggy back ECU with a modified stock turbo. About $2900 investment.

Let's not even talk about USDM WRX's runinng in the 11's and easy street's 9.98 WRX!! Sorry, but VW's are out of there league here...
    Last edited by boosted 4; 03-21-2003 at 05:34 PM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    12.88 with multiple 12.9's on stock fuel (injectors and pump) with turboback exhaust, up-pipe, MBC, and a piggy back ECU with a modified stock turbo. About $2900 investment.

Let's not even talk about USDM WRX's runinng in the 11's and easy street's 9.98 WRX!! Sorry, but VW's are out of there league here...
    Theres too many WRXs on this board alone running 12's no NOS for me to list lol!
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Not that Billy T's 12.2 isnt fast, but in just two years since the WRX came out, there are a lot of guys in the 11's. I can name 6 just from the message boards, I'm sure there are more out there that don't frequent the forums. I'd expect to see a bunch more this coming season break into the 11's without nitrous. There are a lot of cool things happening in the WRX community in regards to upgrade choices.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Not that Billy T's 12.2 isnt fast, but in just two years since the WRX came out, there are a lot of guys in the 11's. I can name 6 just from the message boards, I'm sure there are more out there that don't frequent the forums. I'd expect to see a bunch more this coming season break into the 11's without nitrous. There are a lot of cool things happening in the WRX community in regards to upgrade choices.

And with out slicks. Just wait to you meet up with one of our WRX's at a light LOL
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    And with out slicks. Just wait to you meet up with one of our WRX's at a light LOL
    I launched my WRX on the street the other day and it scared the ish out of me and the Camaro I waxed. 5k clutch slip little tire squeal 1st gear is over in a bit over a second! 5 cars instantly he started to gain at around 100 then I shut down. Gotta love an AWD launch!
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

easy street ran 9.98@141. it's a package deal anyone with a lot of money can get; esx740.

like other people said, most people are running low-high 12's with just turbo upgrades. there are some people running high 12's with stock turbo.

there are also quite a few running 11's too. once the track opens i'll be getting my 11 sec time slips.

the 9.98 quarter of the easy street wrx was, if not mistaken, in a rebuilt automatic tranny ... i know of about 2 that run mid to high 11's here at chicago, both do their work at drivers image(their sponsering them i think). i dont know about the other wrx, but the one of the 2 11 second wrx's from Drivers image is a white wagon.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

I'm not sayong that our GTI's are faster than your Imprezas... I just thought you guys would like to see what we are running...

Just as I was currious to what the RSX's were runnning...

It's hard for us to break into the 12's with out an upgradded turbo,nos or slicks... stock turbos we can get to the low 13's..

The Impreza was on my list I like the power you guys have along with the ALL wheel drive... gotta love that stuff... I'm not a big fan of the 4 door though.. I think if I were to get one... I would go for the wagon... It's that whole hatchback thing... that I'm into..?

Cool... well those are some fast times..12's on stock turbos is nice!! Keep up the good work..

Thumbs up

is that your GTI in your avatar? looks nice!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

Originally posted by whodeani

It's hard for us to break into the 12's with out an upgradded turbo,nos or slicks... stock turbos we can get to the low 13's..
    STOCK turbo low 13's in a 1.8T???
    2002 WRBP WRX

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Yes that is my car here is a bigger picture of it..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 337_field_shot.jpg  

and another
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my_337_1.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.