GIT's faster 1/4 miles see what the fastest are turning.. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on GIT's faster 1/4 miles see what the fastest are turning.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ur GTI is nasty man!! a buddy of mine is into VW's and another friend works at a local porshce, ...

ur GTI is nasty man!! a buddy of mine is into VW's and another friend works at a local porshce, saab, and VW dealership. we were talking about the 337 and that new GTI that's coming sorry i can't remember but it's AWD. SWEEEEEEEEET.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The AWD VW hatch is the R32 and uses the same Haldex AWD setup as the audi TT. But its not turbo but a V6. Its ok, but I wouldn't want to drive a car that uses individual wheel braking to achieve AWD. Where is the sporty driving in that? TTs are known to understeer so im sure the R32 will handle similarly.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by whodeani
    Yes that is my car here is a bigger picture of it..
    Nice and clean! Looks good
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

The R32's are a little heavy so their 0-60 times are 6.6 and their =1/4 mile times so far are 14.7 but that was with slipping the clutch out easy... Nuespeed in LA bought one.. but they didn't want to glase the clutch up.. so thery thought that if they had really but the car up... they thought that 14.4 could have been achieved...

Right now with the few mods on my car I'm doing 0-60 in 6.3 from stock 7.1 (Car & Driver) my 1/4 mile is down to 14.9 I've done a few mods since and don't really know what my 1/4 is down to... I'm thinking 14.6 ot 14.7..

But next weekend I'm putting on a 3" DP and a 3" Cat.. that should do some damage..

Right now with the few mods on my car I'm doing 0-60 in 6.3 from stock 7.1 (Car & Driver)
    What are you measuring 0-60 with?

-Bob (12 second capable WRX)
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

whodeani -- great looking car. Thanks for sharing the link with everyone
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

My buddy at work has both versions of the G-Tech.. when he recently bought the Pro Competion he let me borrow it... So I tested it out one weekend... it was pretty right on.. except for the 60"...

The new G-Tech gives you everything.. I would reccomend it to anyone... I did it 12 times, with the 0-60 worst being 6.654 best being 6.359 pretty consistant!

Now when I tried the 1/4 on the street, the 60" was way different from my track scores.. worst track 60" was 2.6X my best was a 2.29 I know I could do better I just have to get the wheel hop under control.

MY best 60" on the G-tech was 2.8!!! That was a joke... I was told that the street is quite different...

Re: GIT's faster 1/4 miles see what the fastest are turning..

I've read the the RSX Type-S fastest know is a 13.7XX.. I havn't really seen what the fastest WRX.. it's still early I think with your motors but I've heard mid 12's for you guys...

Not that this makes a bit of difference, but RSX's are getting better times than that on the juice - 13.2 I believe. The number you quoted was a Type S with tires, testpipe and Hondata upgrade I believe.

LIke I said, it doesn't really matter because a WRX or any other turboed car can easily whoop that with a minimal investment...I'd say within the year, you're going to see RSX's dipping into the high 12s though when Hondata gets a reflash program for NO2 applications..and maybe when they open the system up a bit more for other applications...but nothing like low 12s or 11s...

Just wanted to throw that out since we are sharing info.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Check out:

www.goapr.com

And for $3995, you can get a 1.8T to turn 12.6 1/4 mile time, not bad for MSRP of a WRX.

The APR Stage III is a great kit but it works out to be quite a bit more than $3995.

You need:
    - turbo-back exhaust ~$1000
    -Upgrading the soft OEM suspension is a must (Unless you have the 337 or the upcoming 20th AE) ~$1000
    -New intercooler is a pretty good idea, the SMIC is tiny ~$750?
    -A Peloguin or Quaife LSD is probably a smart thing to do

I think that a 337/20th Anniv. with an APR stage III would be awesome. I am still waiting for my friendly run with one of my VW friends who has a Stage III.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    the 9.98 quarter of the easy street wrx was, if not mistaken, in a rebuilt automatic tranny ... i know of about 2 that run mid to high 11's here at chicago, both do their work at drivers image(their sponsering them i think). i dont know about the other wrx, but the one of the 2 11 second wrx's from Drivers image is a white wagon.
    too bad their trannies keep breaking .

hey you go to loyola? thats like 5 blocks from my house. when i get my STi in the summer (god willing), we should meet up

Originally posted by VA_WRX
    The APR Stage III is a great kit but it works out to be quite a bit more than $3995.

You need:
    - turbo-back exhaust ~$1000
    -Upgrading the soft OEM suspension is a must (Unless you have the 337 or the upcoming 20th AE) ~$1000
    -New intercooler is a pretty good idea, the SMIC is tiny ~$750?
    -A Peloguin or Quaife LSD is probably a smart thing to do

I think that a 337/20th Anniv. with an APR stage III would be awesome. I am still waiting for my friendly run with one of my VW friends who has a Stage III.
    Also the 12.6ET was with factory 15" wheels, slicks, flywheel, clutch, LSD and 150hp AWD engine. Still not bad.

I'm bloody impressed!!!! I had no idea the 1.8Ts were capable of those times!!!

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.