ahhh!...just ate an MP3.....and I think I liked it!

This is a discussion on ahhh!...just ate an MP3.....and I think I liked it! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just on the way back to my rez from the local quiznos (those Chicken Mesquite subs are The ish!!), and ...

Talking ahhh!...just ate an MP3.....and I think I liked it!

Just on the way back to my rez from the local quiznos (those Chicken Mesquite subs are The ish!!), and I notice these 2 characters in front of me going at it. One person in a Mazda Precidia, and the other in a Protege MP3. I just watched them for a minute as they struggled against each other everytime we were at a stop light that went green. After the Precidia turned off at the next intersection, I decided to put the MP3 owner in his place (so to speak)...Only problem was that there was too much traffic, and I did not want to race in it. As a result, we spent a minute or two just driving next to each other at low speed just sizing each other up.

As luck would have it, we ended up side by side at the next red light, with a COMPLETELY open road in front of us... At this point, I could not help but laugh to myself because I knew that this would be like stealing candy from a baby As soon as the light went green, I let him get the head start by about a car length.... I eased gently off the line while he got away. I then floored it. He was furiously acelerating, and I blew right by him towards the end of first gear I then proceeded to put about 6 buslengths between us before I shut down @ about 60mph. At the next set of lights, the guy wouldn't even look over!
    what a sore loser.....but then again....he never had a chance

Oh..my mods... Turbo XS Stage 2.
    Last edited by jigga; 03-20-2003 at 08:07 PM.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill

Haha...hardly a fair race. You have ~ 60 hp over him at stock...plus a stage 2?? You might as well count from 1 to 10 after he guns it.

You are suppose to kill him.

yeh yeh I know... I should have picked on someone my own size! But I just could not resist! He was racing someone else while I sat back and watched, so I guess I wanted to show him what a REAL beating looked like..

I would not even call it a kill.... It was molestation on my part! That was why I could not stop laughing when he lined up next to me at the red light
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by swipe112
    Haha...hardly a fair race. You have ~ 60 hp over him at stock...plus a stage 2?? You might as well count from 1 to 10 after he guns it.
    Try 87 hp difference stock vs stock, mp3's have 140 hp

Maybe youre thinking of a mazdaspeed protege, they've got 170 i believe. that would be a 57 hp difference. The mp3s were the predecessors of the MSPs, i believe the only power adder was an exhaust, but they've got a lot of suspension upgrades.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

I bet he is on the MP3 boards right now saying "well, at least I can get him in the TwIsTiEz" haha.

well he would take a stock (suspension wise) wrx in the twisties so he does kind of have a point there. Those things are amazing handlers for FWD, well set up.
    autobahn storming scooby

You don't get my joke.

That is what most import guys say when they get beat up on by an SS or mustang GT.

I do know about the MP3 and how well it can corner.

Actually I hang out on the mp3 and msp forums a lot, and it is one of the few forums where you hardly ever see "kill" threads, their cars are very good handlers and the msp's have a good dose of power to back that up.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

I Support ClubWRX
    I owned one of those little beasts before my rex and let me tell you that you should have beat him by more! LOL... car was slow until you hits some corners, then it was a beast! But still slow... very slow!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson