WRX vs. New Si

This is a discussion on WRX vs. New Si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was getting ready to get off my exit on I-10 when this Si zooms past me. I was going ...

Thumbs up WRX vs. New Si

I was getting ready to get off my exit on I-10 when this Si zooms past me. I was going about 75 mph at the time (70 mph speed limit) and as he passed, I said "No he didn't..." So instead of exiting off the interstate, I decided to get off at the next exit. It's probably a 2-3 mile stretch until the next exit. He slows down to about 80 mph and I steadily gain on him when until eventually I get in front of him with about 1/4 mile left to the exit. I exit off and he takes the same exit. There are two lanes to make a left handed turn onto a local road. So when I get up there, it's a red light...it turned green right as he came to a stop. I shift into first going normal for about two secs...then I hear him gun it. I shift into 2nd and punch it hard - next thing I know he's about 4 car-lenghts behind me. I had to turn off, but before I did, I flashed my emergency lights real quick to tell him that was fun - you can guess what he did...yup, fly-by He had nasty flames around his entire car...couldn't tell if he had any mods, but his exhaust sounded pretty nice when he did his fly-bys.

I'm running Stage 2 FYI.
    Last edited by Hank; 03-20-2003 at 11:09 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: WRX vs. New Si

Originally posted by Hank
    I was getting ready to get off my exit on I-10 when this Si zooms past me. I was going about 75 mph at the time (70 mph speed limit) and as he passed, I said "No he didn't..." So instead of exiting off the interstate, I decided to get off at the next exit. It's probably a 2-3 mile stretch until the next exit. He slows down to about 80 mph and I steadily gain on him when until eventually I get in front of him with about 1/4 mile left to the exit. I exit off and he takes the same exit. There are two lanes to make a left handed turn onto a local road. So when I get up there, it's a red light...it turned green right as he came to a stop. I shift into first going normal for about two secs...then I hear him gun it. I shift into 2nd and punch it hard - next thing I know he's about 4 car-lenghts behind me. I had to turn off, but before I did, I flashed my emergency lights real quick to tell him that was fun - you can guess what he did...yup, fly-by He had nasty flames around his entire car...couldn't tell if he had any mods, but his exhaust sounded pretty nice when he did his fly-bys.

I'm running Stage 2 FYI.
    wow right out of the pages of the TFATF!
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Re: Re: WRX vs. New Si

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    wow right out of the pages of the TFATF!
    hazards and all

thats not nice to pick on poor little si's when your stock. And its just plain cruel to pick on them when you've got a stage 2
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

Actually flashing the emergency lights means "you won the race and I am laughing at your pathetic pile of dog crap of a car" Not "gee that was a swell race, lets do it again sometime".

p@