lancer evos at local dealer(pics)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on lancer evos at local dealer(pics) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; very solid feeling car i really like it sorry but it is much more solid than the wrx(dont kill me ...

lancer evos at local dealer(pics)

very solid feeling car
    i really like it
    sorry but it is much more solid than the wrx(dont kill me please!!)
    it feels more solid than my car
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lancer1.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lancer2.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lancer3.jpg  

also check out my new site
    www.palmotors.com
    new site up soon
    check out some good prices
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lancer4.jpg  

WRX
    I think I saw one driving the other way on the highway the other day. Friggin fugly in person if you ask me. But yes, it prolly is more solid than the WRX. Just wait till the STi comes out...
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Cool

When is it coming, that is going to be BADASS!!!!!!!!

So you actually got to take one on a test drive? I expected them to be more solid then a WRX, I mean its an EVO, they are great cars and better then a WRX stock for stock, but they are two differently marketed cars. The EVOs competitor is the STI not as much the WRX. I personally hope I can test drive one, would be really great to see just how good these cars are.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

no the salespeeps are not even allowed to drive it but the guy let us whip it around inside a huge warehouse
    no getting out of second but i felt what i wanted to know

It better be more "solid" for $6,000 over the MSRP of a WRX (plus more for that "optional" carbon-fiber rear wing that is installed in nearly every Evo).

Remember, the Evo is supposed to compete with the STi on a performance level, but it competes with both the WRX and STi as far as sales, so don't compare it too much with the WRX. That would be like comparing the Camaro Z28 SS to the Mustang GT when in fact it was made to go head-to-head with the SVT Mustang Cobra, even though it still competes for customers with every V-8 on the market.

but they are two differently marketed cars. The EVOs competitor is the STI not as much the WRX. I personally hope I can test drive one, would be really great to see just how good these cars are.

Sorry, don't take this too personal, but why do people insist on making that type of comment regarding "two differently..."
    BullS***. The WRX, EVO, STi are ALL in the SAME marketing category.
    They have subtle differences with performance being higher in some models.
    It's not like we are comparing a 4 door SUB Typhoon to an EVO,
    or a Corvette to an S4. These are AWD turbo cars based on compact economy cars the even run in the same race series as prepped race cars.
    Different? Hardly.

The EVO feeling better than the WRX speak volumes as the STi shares a lot of the same things as the WRX does. The major difference being engine and trans, other than that body structure is the same thus the overall "feel" of structural integrity will feel the same 'cept for suspension variations which on the STi will make any WRX structure problems even more evident.

T

Originally posted by WoRX
    but they are two differently marketed cars. The EVOs competitor is the STI not as much the WRX. I personally hope I can test drive one, would be really great to see just how good these cars are.

Sorry, don't take this too personal, but why do people insist on making that type of comment regarding "two differently..."
    BullS***. The WRX, EVO, STi are ALL in the SAME marketing category.
    They have subtle differences with performance being higher in some models.
    It's not like we are comparing a 4 door SUB Typhoon to an EVO,
    or a Corvette to an S4. These are AWD turbo cars based on compact economy cars the even run in the same race series as prepped race cars.
    Different? Hardly.

The EVO feeling better than the WRX speak volumes as the STi shares a lot of the same things as the WRX does. The major difference being engine and trans, other than that body structure is the same thus the overall "feel" of structural integrity will feel the same 'cept for suspension variations which on the STi will make any WRX structure problems even more evident.

T
    I will agree that they will all take sales from each other its simple economics, but the EVO is really the main compeditor for the STI. And if you don't have that much moeny they you get a WRX. Its like comparing an Audi S4 to the Audi A4, both are AWD turbo cars, doesn't mean they are compared in the same class. You see S4's racing on the track but don't see many A4's. Its the same thing in Japan, you see STI's on the track and not many WRX's. So you compare the EVO to the STI. You can compare it to the WRX but its not the EVO's main compeditor both sales wise or performance wise. Oh and a 6-7k dollar difference is huge in this price range so there is a marketing difference. Also seeing how the WRX is not limited and the STI and I think the EVO's are.

Oh and the new STI will be night and day when it comes to feeling/handling. Our WRX and the 2002 STI were sort of close, but if anyone has seen the new Best Motoring feature on the 2002 STI vs. the 2003 STI its amazing to see the handling differences, the new STI is should prove to be a very solid car and who knows maybe more then the EVO, no one will know until they are both out.
    Last edited by KanosWRX; 03-20-2003 at 01:20 PM.

My Mods

Many of your points are great and valid.
    However, in terms of marketing I don't think the costs are that far off.
    A prett loaded 04 WRX is going in close to $28k. The EVO MSRP is $29,500.
    It's the STi that's still a question, but if it sells at $32,000 that's still pretty close to the WRX.

When buying a Mustang you have base, mid, and GT. The overall car is very similar from the BASE to the GT. Yes, there is better performance in the GT, but it's not a different car. That is my point. It's the SAME car with better tuning to it's performance.

Yes, the S4 is very similar to the A4 in feel. The S is faster due to it's more powerful engine but in terms of overall feel and quality the S is close to the A.
    Thus, it is with the WRX, STi, and EVO.
    I don't dispute a different feel, but overall these cars are very very similar and share the market.
    The costs are minimal really.

My main point is that it's not like we are comparing an SUV to a sport coupe which is vastly and truly a different market. There are more similarities between the WRX and EVO and STi than between a Corvette and a Lancer.

T

There are not many options for the WRX really worth it or that would make it better compete with a EVO, maybe the suspension, but even with that the cost of the car will only be 25-26k. Still about 5k less then an EVO. If you really wanted you could get every option on the WRX and it would be about 35k dollars and it still wouldn't be as good as a stock EVO in major tests.
    In the end you get what you pay for. If you have the extra 5-6k dollars and want a great handling car, the EVO is a great choice. If you don't have as much money right now and want something that would be able to compete with the EVO and STI once you added some mods then the WRX is a good choice. But I think if you want the best then you can't go wrong with a STI.

I guess really what I am trying to say is the EVO and STI are more closely related then the WRX is to the EVO. And in that sense I don't see why people think when they see the EVO beating a WRX they think that the EVO will beat a STI. Nobody knows that until they do a side by side test and you can't base it off the USDM WRX or the 2002 STI, we just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by KanosWRX; 03-20-2003 at 03:21 PM.

My Mods

Originally posted by WoRX
    The EVO MSRP is $29,500.
    Stock EVO $29,500
    Stock WRX $23,500

That is not in the same price range if you ask me. They are both a good value for their sticker price....that simple.

That said, I'd take the stock WRX with $6,000 in mods over the EVO....
    Ride on!
    Road Runner a.k.a. Mark

I'm comparing prices in regard to what's offered in the car for the money.
    A base EVO has more in it than a Base WRX. You have to add a few things to the WRX to get it to the EVO level. Also, the seats in the EVO are VASTLY superior to the WRX seats and it would cost over $1500 to get Recaro's for the WRX.

The point is the EVO is expensive but it's not that much more than the WRX.
    The WRX is becoming a pricey car when you start adding things to it that come in much cheaper in other cars. A fully loaded Mazda 6 with V6 and manual cost LESS than a similarly optioned WRX which doesn't even offer all the things in the 6. The WRX does have AWD which is it's greatest attribute but even in an Audi, the Quattro costs about $1900.
    Subaru needs to lower the price of the WRX as it has in the Euro market or they need to offer more for the same price.

Yes, I agree the STi and the EVO are main competitors but the WRX is not too far behind. Since the STi is the hot rod stripper model, then the WRX needs to offer more items to differentiate it and it needs to come in at a lower cost.

T

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.