WRX kills 16G packin' FWD DSM(from a roll)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX kills 16G packin' FWD DSM(from a roll) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Some of us left the local DSM meeting Saturday night and headed over to Jegs to hang out. We took ...

Thumbs up WRX kills 16G packin' FWD DSM(from a roll)

Some of us left the local DSM meeting Saturday night and headed over to Jegs to hang out. We took 270 to Main. While on 270, there was one of the guys from the club (not to mention any names) with a 1G FWD that has quite a few bolt ons. Complete exhaust, 550's, K&N, BIG 16G, and a boost controller set at 20psi. He may of had a S-AFC, but I don't remember for sure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The WRX has a boost controller set at 16psi, an Injen CAI, and a Cobb 3" cat-back. Now, on to the race.

He was in front of me in the left lane and I was in the middle. I was rolling up on him slowly and when I was at about his back bumper, he dropped a gear or two and nailed it. When I saw this, I dropped the Subaru to 3rd and put it to the floor. The Subaru was gaining ground. End of 3rd I was about a 1/2 car length ahead. Shift to fourth and keep pulling. I'm not sure when he gave up but I had about 7-8 car lengths on him when I let off at the top of 4th (appx. 120 mph).

When we got to Jegs, he was kind of surprised that I pulled on him. We talked about the race, very nice guy and was cool about it.

WRX 1 DSM 0

Later,

Dale

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mitsubishi the enemy! Good kill man.

Thanks! I came from the DSM world and I love it when I burn one of my old buddies.

Later,

Dale

Good kill.

The best part is that he was so cool about it, and you had a good conversation about it all.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

........ what is a DSM???

Diamond Star Motors. You know how Mitsubishi has that little symbol. Well it includes Eclipses, Eagle Talons and Plymouth Lasers because they all had the same engine.

Nice kill!
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

ohh ya! A columbus kill!

Thanks guys! The drag strip opens up the end of February and I can't wait to see some new times.

later,

Dale

Hey ill be seein ya there with my mods too hehehe. I estimate im getting my car........ July

What did you run with that 13.8? Did you get new mods? I don't think you could have taken him from a roll.

Yeah, I only had the Injen CAI and the boost controller set at stock boost on the 13.8 passes. The rest of the mods in the list were put on the car in the last 2 months. I also turned the boost up to ~16lbs. I haven't been to the track with my current mods.

I really don't care whether you believe it or not. There were several witnesses and the guy admitted to trying. He was quite surprised himself. Check out ColumbusDSM.com. A few of the witnesses posted there in the kill stories about it.

Later,

Dale

What about when DSM starts bringing the Lancer Evo?? That would be a race to see...

evo schmeeevo, i still say a good mod'ed WRX can take it..

You know whats going to happen now? I KNOW!

Everyone is waiting for the EVO to come out, and they are all going to rush and buy it, it will be MORE popular then the WRX and you'll see enough of them on the road.

They will be bought by kids, and driven like a RACE CAR, and they will be RRRRRRRRRRRICED out.

If you dont believe me... WAIT it out!! Becuase your gonna see it!

DSM engines are historically the least reliable of all Japanese manufactures. they have had numorous problem especially with internal seals blowing. My sisters talon 91 catastrophically died from seal failure. The DSM is just getting over a major class action suit for hiding recal information which inturn cost its customers nearly billions in repairs they shouldn't have been resonsible for (struts, wheel bearings, suspension mounts, engine seals) you name it. Subaru has an awesome reliablilty track record, and shows it on the track (rally) where it kills the DSM's in both reliablility, and handling. The one thing DSM's (Evo's) do have over WRXs (when they are running) is acceleration. But it seems like that's it.
    Also for 30-35K the Evo is way out of my hard working price range.
    Thank God for WRX value.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast