Raced SRT-4 again, video isn't so great though
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced SRT-4 again, video isn't so great though within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced the same SRT-4 again, from an 2nd gear roll like last time. Here is the video but it ...

Raced SRT-4 again, video isn't so great though

I raced the same SRT-4 again, from an 2nd gear roll like last time.
    Here is the video but it is from side of the road, I asked my friend to video tape again, and for some reason he thought i wanted to ride alone and by the time I realized he was leaving the parking lot in his own car it was too late.. whoops!

http://dl2emin3m.hypermart.net/SRT4VsWRXPart2.wmv

Since you can't tell from the video, we started at c35mph, he actually got out ahead of me alittle in 2nd gear, but when i shifted into third I was even with him again, and by end of third I had 1/4car on him. Shifted into 4th and when I shifted he caught up with me again and we were even until we got into the middle of an turn in the highway, where I pulled ahead alittle like 1/4car again at least. We didn't get to race to 120mph again only like 110 I think since I had let off since there was an car in the right lane we were approaching fast.

The SRT-4 owner said we were even at the end of the race, and that If I thought i was ahead it was because I had the inside line on the turn, I agree.

Sorry for the bad video, next time I will make it clear to my freind that he rides with me lol.
    Last edited by PaulRex; 03-20-2003 at 01:21 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Raced SRT-4 again, video isn't so great though

Does your friend have a boost controller? (the SRT) If so, and he will, have him remove it and give things a try. What tricks the SRT ECU pulls to achieve this I dont know, but I swear the fastest trap speeds I have seen are coming from cars without a boost controller. Makes no sense, but thats what I've seen.

the vid:

Looks to me like, from a roll, the two cars are extremely even.

VV

Originally posted by PaulRex
    I raced the same SRT-4 again, from an 2nd gear roll like last time.
    Here is the video but it is from side of the road, I asked my friend to video tape again, and for some reason he thought i wanted to ride alone and by the time I realized he was leaving the parking lot in his own car it was too late.. whoops!

http://dl2emin3m.hypermart.net/SRT4VsWRXPart2.wmv

Since you can't tell from the video, we started at c35mph, he actually got out ahead of me alittle in 2nd gear, but when i shifted into third I was even with him again, and by end of third I had 1/4car on him. Shifted into 4th and when I shifted he caught up with me again and we were even until we got into the middle of an turn in the highway, where I pulled ahead alittle like 1/4car again at least. We didn't get to race to 120mph again only like 110 I think since I had let off since there was an car in the right lane we were approaching fast.

The SRT-4 owner said we were even at the end of the race, and that If I thought i was ahead it was because I had the inside line on the turn, I agree.

Sorry for the bad video, next time I will make it clear to my freind that he rides with me lol.

Hell yeah paul. How many people where in each car?

EDIT:1 passenger girl in the srt
    No passengers in the wrx

I also read you turned up the boost to 16.5 psi paul? Did that help alot? Does he have a boost controller as well? What psi?
    Last edited by BamBooI; 03-20-2003 at 09:58 AM.

great race and good video. but can we see a race of a WRX and SRT4 from a stop? i wanna see one launching.... anyhow, the WRX sounded awsome.... love the boxer motor sound.
    there was a crap load of cars behind you guys too.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

BamBoo: Last race I was peaking at 15psi and getting the usual gradual psi drop at highrpms.. This time I set it at about 16.5psi peak boost yup correct info.(must have come from owner of neoni told him)

edit: The neon owner told me he was peaking at 14psi with the ECU controlling the boost NO MBC/EBC(although one is on the way supposedly )
    Last edited by PaulRex; 03-20-2003 at 01:23 PM.

Originally posted by pdrpowerofWRX
    great race and good video. but can we see a race of a WRX and SRT4 from a stop? i wanna see one launching.... anyhow, the WRX sounded awsome.... love the boxer motor sound.
    there was a crap load of cars behind you guys too.
    I might do that if Oliver(the neon owner wanted to, but the outcome is enevitable if I do an real drag launch. Maybe I will race him from an stop but do an half assed launch like try and get an 2.0-2.2 60' so I don't wear on my clutch/tranny as badly. We'll see/

Why not just have a real race from a stop and take it serious. Your to kind to give people a chance
    -Andrew

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    Why not just have a real race from a stop and take it serious. Your to kind to give people a chance
    i agree. real races are from a stop... why not use our WRXs most valuable resource... its all wheel drive.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

I wont do it because he already told me he ran an 14.0 or 14.1 at the track I remember, so I already know the outcome of an real race Once he mods his car(and I'm sure he will) I will race him from an stop.. Or if I run into any other modded SRT-4s I will race form an stop but not stock ones it wouldn't be an good race IMO.

Re: Re: Raced SRT-4 again, video isn't so great though

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Does your friend have a boost controller? (the SRT) If so, and he will, have him remove it and give things a try. What tricks the SRT ECU pulls to achieve this I dont know, but I swear the fastest trap speeds I have seen are coming from cars without a boost controller. Makes no sense, but thats what I've seen.

the vid:

Looks to me like, from a roll, the two cars are extremely even.

VV

You seem to be correct. Every SRT that's used a boost controller has run the same or slower than unmodded SRT's. I'm betting the ECU is retarding spark to counter the increased boost. Once the Mopar upgrades come out with upgraded ECU's, we'll be able to see what these engines can truly do.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Nice race Paul
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Re: Re: Re: Raced SRT-4 again, video isn't so great though

Originally posted by ebbtide
    You seem to be correct. Every SRT that's used a boost controller has run the same or slower than unmodded SRT's. I'm betting the ECU is retarding spark to counter the increased boost. Once the Mopar upgrades come out with upgraded ECU's, we'll be able to see what these engines can truly do.
    I read somewhere that that is exactly what happens.

What types of mods do you have Paul? My dad still can't believe that the SRT-4 is as good as we're hearing on here at club rex.

Xtian, whats not to believe? It weighs less than 2900lbs., it's FWD, and it makes about 220WHP and 240TQ at the wheels in stock form! Don't forget we raced from an roll... I would still win by an good margin in an real 1/4mile race until he either gets drag radials or mods his car, or both.

Re: Re: Re: Raced SRT-4 again, video isn't so great though

True. I'm also waiting to see what some of the old timers (in the turbo dodge world) figure out. I'm sure they will find a way to safely delete this for $.02

VV

Long Live Gus M. ! hehe

Originally posted by ebbtide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.