WRX vs S2000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok heres the deal, its not that i wanna know if a WRX can beat a S2000 or not. what ...

WRX vs S2000

Ok heres the deal, its not that i wanna know if a WRX can beat a S2000 or not. what i wanna know is "what is the usual 1/4 mile time for a WRX?" ive looked to several magazines and they are all inconsistant. my friend has an S2000, and he says he can run a 13.6 with it. frankly i dont believe it b/c of low torque and other riff raff. what yall think??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe with a top driver the S2000 can do that I had one for a day and I beat M3 in a short drag with it but I really nailed a 7000 rpm launch (you wouldn't want to do that too much)

S2000 biggest weakness is it neads to rev hard so you have to drive it hard to get the power

I'd say stock vs stock the S2000 will beat the WRX as I think stock
    the WRX is mid 14's

i see, well my friend launches between 4500 and 5000 rpm. he says he runs flat 9s in the 1/8. it seems that he could run that time. just dunno since i read in a magazine that S2000 runs 14.2 stock. and on the C&D website, they had an article bout WRXvsS4vs330xi, and they stated that WRX ran 14.1. so that confused me alot

In my own personal opinion, the WRX would win in the 1/4-mile race in most cases if both cars are stock. The best I've seen a completely stock S2000 do is a 13.9 by Motor Trend (and I use magazines since they're reputable, rather than just saying "I heard so-and-so ran a 13.7"), but most magazines typically pull between 14.2 and 14.8. The best I've seen a completely stock WRX do is a 14.1 by Car & Driver, and most magazines pull similar times between 14.2 and 14.6. The S2000 is the faster car when driven to its full potential (perfect launch, perfect shifts, etc.), but your average "race-ready" driver (as opposed to just your average Joe) would win in a WRX since you are able to make more minor mistakes and still make up for it with the AWD and the turbo, whereas the S2000 requires just the right launch at a specific rpm and quick shifts right at redline to get the best acceleration since maximum hp and torque don't come around until WAAAY to the right of the tach. (I've heard less-than-perfect launches will send you back well into the 15s.)

Every S2000 owner told me that it is incredibly hard to achieve high 13's in the quarter. The launch will have to be perfect, too much rpm and you will spin, not enough will bog the car. I think the average driver can probably do mid 14's.

s2k's have very hard times running 13's stock. a supercharged s2k runs low 13's with a good driver it hink?

i saw a race against a 11-12 second ws6 and a supercharged s2k. the ws6 raped it of course, but it held up really nice against it. if the damn guy in the s2k learned to drive, he would have had a better run. he missed 2nd and missed 3rd the second time
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    i saw a race against a 11-12 second ws6 and a supercharged s2k. the ws6 raped it of course, but it held up really nice against it. if the damn guy in the s2k learned to drive, he would have had a better run. he missed 2nd and missed 3rd the second time
    sorry, this is really anal of me, but how did the s2000 get raped, yet he kept up "really" nicely?

Originally posted by el~sharko
    sorry, this is really anal of me, but how did the s2000 get raped, yet he kept up "really" nicely?
    LOL...that's what I was thinking when I read it. I'm sure he gave 110% though. We all tend to over use things so don't take ofence....
    Ride on!
    Road Runner a.k.a. Mark

There is a video of a GTI 337 chipped... at a drag strip that ran aginst a S2000...

here is the link:
    http://spankdog.kicks-ass.net/videos/silverVs2000.mpg

The S2000 had a not so good launch... but ran a 14.151 @101.38
    The 337 ran a 14.046 @ 102.29

I doubt an S2000 straight out of the box runs a mid 13's maybe with the right river high 13's but not straight out of the box...
    Last edited by whodeani; 03-19-2003 at 10:24 PM.

Re: WRX vs S2000

Originally posted by HYF Jorge
    Ok heres the deal, its not that i wanna know if a WRX can beat a S2000 or not. what i wanna know is "what is the usual 1/4 mile time for a WRX?" ive looked to several magazines and they are all inconsistant. my friend has an S2000, and he says he can run a 13.6 with it. frankly i dont believe it b/c of low torque and other riff raff. what yall think??
    As an S2000 owner, I can tell you that 13.6 would take a DAMN good driver, a picture perfect launch, and nailing those shifts. 13.6 is about the absolute best a stock S2000 can manage. It is an absolutely incredible car; 9,000rpm redline, great handling, its like a motorcycle on 4 wheels.

Having said that, I'd also like to point out that I'm selling my S2000 ( ) and getting a 2003 Metallic Blue WRX ( ). I want the performance, but the WRX is MUCH cheaper to upgrade and it doesn't sit in your garage for 4 months out of the year.

Re: Re: WRX vs S2000

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    As an S2000 owner, I can tell you that 13.6 would take a DAMN good driver, a picture perfect launch, and nailing those shifts. 13.6 is about the absolute best a stock S2000 can manage. It is an absolutely incredible car; 9,000rpm redline, great handling, its like a motorcycle on 4 wheels.

Having said that, I'd also like to point out that I'm selling my S2000 ( ) and getting a 2003 Metallic Blue WRX ( ). I want the performance, but the WRX is MUCH cheaper to upgrade and it doesn't sit in your garage for 4 months out of the year.
    how do you get a metallic blue WRX? do you me WRB blue?
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Re: Re: Re: WRX vs S2000

Originally posted by Shibby
    how do you get a metallic blue WRX? do you me WRB blue?
    Um, yes. My bad. I was transposing the blue pearl and the platinum silver metallic. My point is I'm getting the BLUE one.

Whodeani,

Are you sure that 337 was running just a chip? Any weight reductions?

The 102mph trap is pretty impressive.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

No your right... more than likely it wasn't just a chip... I beleive he had 2.5" dp with a 2.5" Cat back system along with some sort of intake and a Diverter Valve.. I think all that he took out was the spare tir,. seats were all still in the car.

I'll be at the track tomorrow to see what i turn.
    I have the same chip APR 91 Octane chip, and intake, ECS race N75 valve, HKS SSQ BOV, a 3" Down Pipe and a 3" race Cat but still have the stock 2 1/4 muffler... so I still have a bottle neck in my exhust..

I'm hopping to hit in the window of (13.8 to 14.1) we'll see how I do.. I'm not too sure how much my stock muffler will hurt me.. I just had the exhust and chip put on last week and boy do I feel a world of difference.

I'll post tomorrow.. I don't have access to a scaner but I do have a digital camera so I can at least try and take a picture of my time slip...

The GTI's 1.8T cars trap pretty hight times.. stock or moded.. here check for yourself and see..

http://www.18turbo.com/quarter.html

L8ter.
    Last edited by whodeani; 04-08-2003 at 05:28 PM.
    0-60 in 5.678 on 4-21-03
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.098 @ 103.1 On the street
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.123 @ 100.3 At the track

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast