Racing a SRT at the track April 1st...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Racing a SRT at the track April 1st... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys...i met some guy that lives close to my college...hes in Indy and he wants us to meet up ...

Racing a SRT at the track April 1st...

Hey guys...i met some guy that lives close to my college...hes in Indy and he wants us to meet up at Indianapolis Raceway Park and do a few runs. Im really excited...he drives a stock SRT-4 and i got a WRX with uppipe/downpipe so it should be a real close match. Im thinking i will jump off the line quicker but he will probably reel me in real QUICK !! Anyways, seems like a cool guy and im hoping that one of us will have a camera to record the action for everybody. Im a pretty good driver when i want to be so hopefully i wont be a nervous wreck and bog and/or mishift. Goal is to paint an accurate picture for both SRT-4 and WRX owners of how a mildly modded WRX stacks up against a stock SRT-4 in the 1/4 mile. Should be a fun race, as the guy seems real cool from talkin to him, and ill report to you guys the results April 1st, since thats when were racing . Wish me luck and hopefully it will be a safe and fun evening at the track.

-Bobby D

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If both of you can drive your cars and his is broken in, here's my prediction.

SRT-4 (stock tires)

13.8 at 102mph

WRX (if ONLY up-pipe and downpipe)

13.7 at 96mph

If he(SRT-4) can cut his 60ft. down to a 2.0 or better with the right tire, I'd say mid 13s.

You on the other hand should have an aftermarket boost controller by now .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

13.5 in a stock SRT-4? Seriously?
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Angry ya..

Basically i think it would be a much closer race if i actually had a boost controller. I know for a fact that there is no chance i can keep up with him from a roll. I wish i had a boost controller...i actually have one sitting at my house, but unfortunatelly i dont have my gauges, so i cant put a MBC on if i dont have a turbo gauge. Still trying to find a deal on gauges, but it doesnt look like it will happen. Regardless, lose or win, should be a good race, ill just have to keep an eye on my rear since he will prolly approach it real fast after 2nd gear...lol.

-Bobby D

also...

I was wondering if this will hurt my performance. I recently put some rotta battles 17" rims on with continental extreme tires. THese tires grip incredibly well, and i have been afraid to launch my car. Ill have to practice a few times before i go, cause im afraid i will bog with these new rims and tires. Do you think the bigger rims and tires will hurt my trap speed?

Originally posted by silverscooby
    13.5 in a stock SRT-4? Seriously?
    Very serious. We've already seen a real timeslip from an SRT-4 with only 700 miles on it. The guy ran a 14.0 at 100mph with a 2.2 60 ft. I'm thinking when the car has a couple thousand miles on it, the SRT-4 should be 1 or 2 tenths faster.

I'd say a well broken in SRT-4 is capable of 13.8s at 102mph with measly 2.2 60ft times. Now, if that person can cut their 60ft times down to 2.0's, that's about 4 tenths off the ET. Hence, mid 13s .

BobbyD, if you can hit 1.8 60s and drive your car, you should come up on top. Enjoy yourself.
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 03-18-2003 at 06:57 PM.

good luck getting 2.0s

good luck getting 2.0 in a front wheel drive car with 250 ft/tq
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

I think its very possible with the right tire.

We'll just have to wait and see.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Re: also...

Originally posted by BobbyD
    I was wondering if this will hurt my performance. I recently put some rotta battles 17" rims on with continental extreme tires. THese tires grip incredibly well, and i have been afraid to launch my car. Ill have to practice a few times before i go, cause im afraid i will bog with these new rims and tires. Do you think the bigger rims and tires will hurt my trap speed?
    I would go back to stock tires. First, you want to get some tire spin on your launch which the stickier tires might prevent. Second, the 17" wheels and tires will probably weigh more. If they are wider, the weight will be heavier on the outside of the tire where the momentum is harder to overcome. There was a thread on nasioc.com, http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ighlight=tires that you should probably read.

Good luck. I personally think that the person with the better launch will win. The SRT-4 will have to control wheelspin and you have to make sure that you don't bog off the line.

Rich
    2002 WRX WRB

Car and Driver television tested one and got a crappy quarter mile time- like mid 14's at 95 IIRC. And I think those guys probably know how to drive- and have no cares if they hurt the car.

BobbyD:

This sounds dumb, but watch that you don't miss third gear; I can tell you from personal experience in a drag race scenario, it's fairly easy to do.

It's also way easy to hit the rev limiter in first. If you do that against this guy, you're all done.

It should be a good race. Good Luck!
    2007 urban gray STI. KTR Ecutek Re-Flash

You must be talking about a WRX. C&D got a 14.1 @ 102 in the SRT-4

VV

Originally posted by jedimaster
    Car and Driver television tested one and got a crappy quarter mile time- like mid 14's at 95 IIRC. And I think those guys probably know how to drive- and have no cares if they hurt the car.

I wish I hadn't erased it- I tivo that and a couple other car related shows- it might have been Autoweek.

It was motorweek. They said they tested it on damp surfaces. They ran 14.9 @ 99.xmph

VV

I have the mpeg somewhere if you are really interested

Originally posted by jedimaster
    I wish I hadn't erased it- I tivo that and a couple other car related shows- it might have been Autoweek.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.