Racing a SRT at the track April 1st... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Racing a SRT at the track April 1st... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nope- just trying to remember the source- thanks though....

Nope- just trying to remember the source- thanks though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BobbyD

Not to go OT...but BobbyD what college do you go to that's close to Indy??

I go to Ball State and was wondering if you do too
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

You know it's funny. What did Dodge build the SRT-4 anyway?? Seems like it should be straight line accelleration. But wait, it's got an open diff. So it's 60' sucks (like any other open diff'd FWD car).

It certainly won't be any good on a road track or twisty roads either. How could it with it's open diff and "0" camber front suspension (BTW, yes it's got better or close to the WRX skidpads but it's got a much better tire also). Ok, so it's good from a roll, I give it that.

Anyhow, if you CAN drive decently, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't beat him. It'll probably be close but go for it and let us know.
    Last edited by boosted 4; 03-19-2003 at 04:09 PM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

I agree with boosted 4, it should be a very good race. Actually it may be the first race i've heard of from a stop, most other posts or videos are from a roll where it is obvious who wins.

And Bobby D, Bigger tire diameter means slower acceleration because it makes the gear ratios longer (correct me if i'm wrong). But I'm guessing your new tires are low profiles, so it will pretty much cancel out the bigger tires. So what youre looking at is wheel weight and grip of the tires. If they are lighter, I say go with with your new rims, because youre gonna need less rotating mass when youre higher up in your rpms to keep up with the srt-4.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

Originally posted by solak321
    But I'm guessing your new tires are low profiles, so it will pretty much cancel out the bigger tires.
    Sorry I meant cancel out the 17" wheels.^^
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

SHO
    Originally posted by boosted 4
    You know it's funny. What did Dodge build the SRT-4 anyway?? Seems like it should be straight line accelleration. But wait, it's got an open diff. So it's 60' sucks (like any other open diff'd FWD car).

It certainly won't be any good on a road track or twisty roads either. How could it with it's open diff and "0" camber front suspension (BTW, yes it's got better or close to the WRX skidpads but it's got a much better tire also). Ok, so it's good from a roll, I give it that.
    Thanks, I was wondering wheter it came equipped with an LSD or similar. That would have been something I definetly would have put in the car if I was making it.

There was anothe post in the WRX vs. the world where the guy raced 2 SRT-4's at the strip in the same day.. Two different SRT-4's mind you...

He beat them both one was closer then the other... but his times in his WRX were 14.0 and 14.1.. the

So I would not say that the SRT-4 is a mid 13's car I was say it's a low 14' second car...

Originally posted by whodeani
    There was anothe post in the WRX vs. the world where the guy raced 2 SRT-4's at the strip in the same day.. Two different SRT-4's mind you...

He beat them both one was closer then the other... but his times in his WRX were 14.0 and 14.1.. the

So I would not say that the SRT-4 is a mid 13's car I was say it's a low 14' second car...
    No, I would say it is a mid 13's car with a good driver, a low 14's with just a decent driver.

My opinion is that without drag radials/slicks or something to that effect, SRT-4 owners will have an hard time running mid 13s with an stock SRT-4.

I can see an few owners running 13.9-13.8 with stock car/tires, but thats as fast as I think.

But with the right front tires I think an stock SRT could run as fast as an 13.6 or 13.7@101mph Thats my take on it anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12