stupid kids hondas are for mowing lawns - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on stupid kids hondas are for mowing lawns within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; RVWRX. Im not tryin to talk **** but what does your WRX run in the 1/4? Just curious. i wouldve ...

RVWRX. Im not tryin to talk **** but what does your WRX run in the 1/4? Just curious. i wouldve loved to race you in my boosted GSR and see how well you couldve held with me.

P.S. Not all Hondas are slow.
    03 White WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: Re: stupid kids hondas are for mowing lawns

Originally posted by RVwrx
    derrrr... Stupid apples don't fall far from the stupid tree I guess.
    a very logical reply. thanks for expending the effort.

you tell that newbie, bask oner. cant appreciate other peoples individuality. btw, how much u pay for ur rims?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails newbie.jpg  

Let me bring the topic back to cars. I, too, am a big fan of ALL automobiles, period. My subscriptions don't consist of Super Street, Import Tuner, Turbo, etc. (even though I pick these up from time to time); I've got Car & Driver, Road & Track, Automobile, Motor Trend, etc. As much as I love imports (ESPECIALLY the WRX), you just can't spit on American V-8s. Sure, they're heavy and get horrible gas mileage, but no one ever tells people, "Yeah? Well my car gets 40 miles per gallon!" and sees his "opponent" walking away with his head down. People brag about horsepower and quarter-mile times and such to shame others.

It is very possible for stock WRXs to hang with (and even beat) NEW Mustang GTs. (Trust me--there is a significant difference between the current GTs and the previous generation GTs, which are mid- to low-15 second cars stock.) But when it comes to more expensive American cars (SVT Mustang Cobra, Corvette Z06, Viper), you need some serious money to put into your WRX. It's totally possible for modded WRXs to do the job, but to thrash with Vettes and Vipers, you'll need more than just MBC to do the unthinkable. (You don't need to own any of those cars to know that.) Sure, there are some 10-second Subarus out there, but not every Subaru on the road is that quick, so making statements like those that have been made are not proper generalizations. Sure, if you throw those cars in a rally race in the mud or snow, the WRX will shame every American car, but that's why American cars stay the hell away from anything other than tarmac.

And in the case of the Skyline GT-R, if both cars dragged in stock form for ten runs, the Viper would be the victor in most (if not every round). Modded GT-Rs (especially if done by MotoRex) could school Vipers pretty badly, though. But then again, that involves modifications, which don't really say much since you can mod any car into a fast one. Hell, you could make a VW New Beetle into a twin-turbo'd 400+ hp beast (which I've seen done).

All I'm saying is that any car can end up being modded to be faster than any given car. Just like how V-8 owners shouldn't underestimate imports, we shouldn't overlook their cars or talk about them like they're Geo Metros.

I dunno if I'd go so far as to say a Viper will rip a Skyline into bits. When you get into the thin air of super-tuned cars, the Skyline has some serious punch.

I have a vid here of a Mines Skyline and an Amuse Supra, the Supra is awesome, the Skyline is SILLY. The drivers are on a track and givin the cars hell. The driver of the Skyline got the front wheels of the car OFF the ground at around 140 mph, he said it was "too fast", and it scared him. This is a guy that races GT 500 cars(I have NO idea what that series is). Couple the AWD of the Skyline to the lighter weight of the FI engine, and they are some nasty rides. Although 7 liters does have a nice ring to it, torque comes to mind, as does 1500 hp. Still tho, I think the Skyline might have a more well-rounded performance envelope.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Yea baby!

I knew I was going to open a can of worms when I made the statment of "pulling on it like it was a domestic". I am also a car fan, though I have never owned a domestic car, my car obsession gene was passed to me by my father. I have helped him restore a 56 Chevy Bel Air, we built my 67 bug from the ground up, a 67 Mustang GT, and he is currently building a 37 Ford slantback with 98 Camero LT1 engine. I, through my dads obsession have also gotten to drive a 95 Impala SS, and a 97 Z28. And these are just the cars, I could go on for a mile about all the trucks as well. I know all about American horse power and performance. I like the import scene and I know how sensitve everyone is to the import/domestic battle. I did not say my Suby would even come close to a Viper. I have seen a 98 single turbo supra with all the goodies, which was still cheaper than the cost of the Viper, hold its own. And the C5 Vetts wouldn't even race us. The Viper is hands down one of the greatest domestics sports cars. But for less money, I can do the same damage with a Supra. A Skyline is on expensive in America. To own one here, you will spend the same as a Viper. Its just a matter of what you like. I would also like to point out that if your going to try and insult someone, (WISHIHADWRX) you should spell intelligent right, not intellignet.
    For cyrilgrey... You probably spent more effort trying to understand.

not really, no.
    you seem to be putting quite a bit in, however.

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    WishIHadWRX, I sense Mitsubishi induced insecurity.
    Yea, you're so .

hey guys

ya know, since we are the world leader in producing the most fuel efficient engines ever, it would make sense that our extremely efficient, torque deprived V8's would suffer in the performance department. Come on.

Steve
    When restoring my first "ride", a 71 Ford Torino, I used cut up beer cans as backer for bondo. Theory was, aluminum wouldn't rust, so why not?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12