RSX for lunch..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on RSX for lunch.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Literally, I was at lunch driving down one of the main drives and I pull up next to a red ...

RSX for lunch..

Literally, I was at lunch driving down one of the main drives and I pull up next to a red Rsx Type S. He looked over and revved. I through a rev back at him. I revved my engine to 4500 rpm, let the clutch slip at green. I had a perfect launch, had him by 2 car lengths, slammed into 2nd still leading, by 3rd he was at my bumper and I shut down at 90. I saw another blue RSX on the way home, plus a black civic looking just like the F&F ones. Damn it's on this spring. I'm baggin my lunch from now on so I can get all my mods by the end of February. Making $35,000 a year isn't enough, stupid IT economy get better please! I guess I'm doing all right for 21 but I could be doing better. My M2 exhaust is shipping out the end of this week, and I'm saying screw carbon fiber gauge pod and getting the regular Defi with my gauges and boost controller. Bring on the fun baby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good kill. Bring on the power!

Type-S

Hi, I love both WRX and Type-S (prefer Tyre-R though)
    U serious?
    U said u had 2 car lengths on him initially, but by 3rd he was at ur rear bumper? Doesn't that mean he was catching up with u or something?

Man, I would have thought your ride could kill him easily off the line and then keep pulling and pulling away from him.... Looks like I am underestimating the Honda engine, those bastards.

Anyway, it was nice of you to tell us your experience..
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

Yes I really like the RSX as well, it's a nice looking car. It has a nice 3rd gear. I don't like to make excuses but my 4 all season tires were on my back seat, plus I had my 12" sub in back plus I have a bunch of junk sitting next to my sub to keepit in place, I don't quite want to nail it into my trunk yet, want to figure out a better solution.

Woaaaah! Thanks for the clarification. I was just like WTF! I have raced RSX type S's and no way in hell would they even pull on me. Make it a 10 or more car dust for me with RSX_S's.

yea, i test drove the type s and it had no ooomph at all until 6 grand....it's barely quicker than the old gsr...and coming from the honda camp, i couldn't help but think "what a rip-off!".....and then i drove the wrx....no comparison...watch out on the extra weight...i've heard that each 100 lbs. equals a 1/10th of a second...i frequently haul about 300 lbs. of drums in the wagon every weekend and i would pretty much look the other way if a type s challenged, even though i might still pull on 'em...there's no way i'm going to pull a 6 grand launch with that kinda load.... and without the launch you might be toast!
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

Saw a protege MP3 and new Civic EX racing each other yesterday. Almost wanted to show them what the wrx was made off. They floored their cars on each other, and none of them pulled away fast... I just chuckled.. I think I could have beat the mp3 going 50 in 5th gear..

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    well duh, the mp3 is by no means fast, but it does handle well...very well in fact. if there was a bigger aftermarket for that car it would dominate im sure. especially b/c of its inexpensive price (like 17000 new). too bad it's limited edition, and they only made like, what, 1500 models? oh well, but if if someone decided to slap a turbocharger on one of those, it would haul

Knight... ya thats not bad 35K... i make 30K ... BUT im a full time college student as well And im 18

I got to race one of those RSX Type-R's a little while back. Smoked the hell out of him at the start. He shut it down right after that. I can't even imagine what it would be like to drive a FWD car again especially one with no turbo or torque.

Originally posted by Penguinking
    well duh, the mp3 is by no means fast, but it does handle well...very well in fact. if there was a bigger aftermarket for that car it would dominate im sure. especially b/c of its inexpensive price (like 17000 new). too bad it's limited edition, and they only made like, what, 1500 models? oh well, but if if someone decided to slap a turbocharger on one of those, it would haul

I used to own a 99 Protege ES, and trust me.. the aftermarket is none-existent. With the number of Mp3 here in the US, it is just going to be a fad. I doubt they are even going to make the MP3 in 2003.

It's to bad, the thing handles great for a FWD. If they could have had just 15-20 more HP, it would have been a real contender in the Pocket rocket scene. As it is, its a top choice for Auto X'rs. I think the after market will really pick up for them though, Race Beat got a lot of publicity for the MP3.

Type S is not that slow guys, they are not as fast in the short sprints but they can keep pulling once they get going. Many time the Type S would get beat off line but come back very strong, and our long gears are not really helping out that much.

I give credit to the Type S, but its just not my kind of car.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by jk147

I used to own a 99 Protege ES, and trust me.. the aftermarket is none-existent. With the number of Mp3 here in the US, it is just going to be a fad. I doubt they are even going to make the MP3 in 2003.
    i know, thats what im saddened about. its really a sweet car, but theres only 1500 of them i think and not enough interest in it to build up a strong aftermarket, if any at all. im sure though that if someone owned one and wanted to put a TC or SC on it, they'd find a way somehow

long gears is one thing, but waiting till 6000 rpms for torque is another. hi revving honda's just don't do it for me.

dR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast