RSX for lunch.. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on RSX for lunch.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Iruka Hi, I love both WRX and Type-S (prefer Tyre-R though) U serious? U said u had ...

Re: Type-S

Originally posted by Iruka
    Hi, I love both WRX and Type-S (prefer Tyre-R though)
    U serious?
    U said u had 2 car lengths on him initially, but by 3rd he was at ur rear bumper? Doesn't that mean he was catching up with u or something?

Man, I would have thought your ride could kill him easily off the line and then keep pulling and pulling away from him.... Looks like I am underestimating the Honda engine, those bastards.

Anyway, it was nice of you to tell us your experience..
    Hi, 1st post here..I happen to love your cars, I almost bought one but 2 things I really wanted b/c I was sick of not having them the WRX didn't offer (leather and 2 door)...Anyway you're cars will murder the RSX from 0-70 EVERY time stock for stock, well $ for $ for that matter, but once we hit 70 we're gonna start pulling on you, but you'll still win in a race. But if we both start at 70 (ie highway) we should win 100% of the time given "equal" drivers. I'll try to keep my posts to a minimum and remain as much of an observer as possible.
    ~ Joe
    RSX Type-S
    ::AEM SRI::GC Coilovers::EVO Exhaust::

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: Type-S

Originally posted by JJB Autowerks

Hi, 1st post here..I happen to love your cars, I almost bought one but 2 things I really wanted b/c I was sick of not having them the WRX didn't offer (leather and 2 door)...Anyway you're cars will murder the RSX from 0-70 EVERY time stock for stock, well $ for $ for that matter, but once we hit 70 we're gonna start pulling on you, but you'll still win in a race. But if we both start at 70 (ie highway) we should win 100% of the time given "equal" drivers. I'll try to keep my posts to a minimum and remain as much of an observer as possible.
    I see you made the journey here from Club RSX... Nice to have you here.

Originally posted by dark_rex
    long gears is one thing, but waiting till 6000 rpms for torque is another. hi revving honda's just don't do it for me.

dR
    I don't like low torque engines myself, but the whole principle in making HP is RPM and torque. I know its low on low range torque, but I like that fact they can stretch out the torque that late into the rpm. The RSX-S has the same amount of torque for probably 90 percent of its torque band, and that kind of power distribution comming from a NA 4 cyclinder is pretty impressive.

They rev to get their power and we force feed air to get ours. The one thing we have to our advantage is that we are less affected by additional weight when compared to the lighter Honda cars. Even though the Type s and the WRX both have similar weight to power ratio, additional weight in the S wold hurt it a lot more then it would hurt the WRX.

Type S: 2800/200 = 14/1
    WRX: 3000/227= 13.21/1

add 300 pounds to each car for driver and passenger:

Type S: 3100/200= 15.5/1
    WRX: 3400/227= 14.53/1

10.7% increase vs. 10% increase in the WRX.

It pays to stay lean in the Honda.

Originally posted by Suparu

It pays to stay lean in the Honda.
    Maybe that's why I always do so well, I only clock in at 140
    ~ Joe
    RSX Type-S
    ::AEM SRI::GC Coilovers::EVO Exhaust::

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.