Ford Ranger... and a lot of Drama!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ford Ranger... and a lot of Drama! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, this may not fit in this section at all, but it would be nice for you guys to know ...

Angry Ford Ranger... and a lot of Drama!

Ok, this may not fit in this section at all, but it would be nice for you guys to know how can things go wrong eventually when you go fast.

On Saturday night, I was driving with my Wife. I was stopped at a light behind 2 cars. A Ford Ranger truck with 3 passengers pulled behind me coming off a gas station. They were so close behind me, I got pissed and told my Wife I can't stand when people do that. Sure enough, I felt my car moving a little. I'm smoking. Rolled down the window and talked to the passenger and yelled at them to pull over. They ignored me, my Wife got out of the car, ran behind, saw their truck touching my bumper, and wrote down their license plate number. She argued with them too, got back inside. Now those young punks yelled at me and cursed at me to move my car and pull over. One guy and 3 girls, all of them under 18 I think. I moved forward a little and they took off. So I followed them. My Wife got on the phone with the cops and we are following them the whole time. The cops are nowhere to be found but they told us they are on their way. The kid in his truck is just cruising around. After 20 minutes, he gets mad, and start driving fast and changed lanes at the last second. At that time, my Wife asked me to give up since the cops have the information, so I gave up and right then, that kid, made a quick sharp right turn and lost it. Hit a parked truck head on. And guess what? They hit and ran again! We parked next to that truck that got hit by them and my Wife called back the cops and let them know what just happened. Now the cops are pissed and are activaly looking for that kid. We waited for an officer and filled a report right there. The owner of the parked truck was pissed.

So yeah, the whole time, following that truck was very easy to do, since that kid wasn't speeding. But when he tried to loose us, I was right behind him without even trying and he lost it. I'm pissed off that people like that are a lot all over the place around here. Anyways, I'm glad we got a cell phone a week before. I planned to get a small digital camera a while back to send pics to my Parents back in France. I wish I had one with me when that kid hit our car. Just to make sure we have any kind of evidence.
    You guys watch out. I was so mad. So I wasn't thinking completely straight. After 10 minutes driving behind him, I realized that it was too dangerous and slowly tried to let go(can't help it if I turned into a mad dog.... )... that kid could have had a gun or weapon in his truck... or a cell phone and call some buddies to back him up. Or purposely slowed down hard and try to hit us. When he hit that parked truck, there could have been a kid playing there and died because of that stupid kid driving that Ranger.

Anyways, just wanted to share that experience of the WRX vs Ford Ranger with a lot of drama around it.

By the way, my Wife and I are okay. The WRX is barely scratched on the bumper. And yes, I got rear ended already 3 months ago and got my bumper replaced already once....
    Last edited by ticrab; 01-28-2002 at 11:27 AM.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ticrab,

Take the bull's eye off of your rear bumper. You have horrible luck with accidents, man!

-Jim

thanks for sharing the story, and hope that your bumper scratches / bumps don't become a regular occurence for you...

I think in general, the idea of driving a big and /or powerful car can get into one's head, and do stupid things... I try to remind myself of that when I drive my subie (it's not big, that's for sure, but its powerful from my point of view)....

No kidding, Jim. And you know what? I'm always dreading to go to my car everytime I go to the store and find out that it was scratched badly. Just a fear.... can't help it, my first new car and beautiful with that.

Thank you, guys. Well, I will keep you guys posted when I hear from the cops and my insurance. Honestly, anybody would have to get thier face real close to see the scratch, but question of principle: that kid will pay. And I feel really bad for that couple in their 50s who own that parked truck. They were very disappointed. So yes, I will make sure I'm on top of things and I will ask the cops how things go for that couple too. People are usually afraid to go after that kind of situation. We have a system and we should use it.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

I Support ClubWRX
    ticrab. I agree with you completely. It isn't about how big or small the damage is, it's entirely a matter of principle. Stupid drivers(regardless of how old) should suffer the consequences of their actions and if this punk with the three chicks thinks he's young, hip, has a car that can crush things and can do as he pleases, he has something else coming. I think you should get some aerodynamic bumper bars like SUVs, just in case more of these punks show up...bonne chance.
    Last edited by schischwein; 01-29-2002 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks for sharing, ticrab. It's one thing for idiots to endanger their own lives, but entirely another to bring others into it. Best of luck with the punk (bringing him to justice that is). Keep us posted. It may take a while (probably will), but hang in there.

Rod
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Thank you all for your support. I'm getting an estimate this morning. I don't care if it will take a while since the scrath is not bad at all. But I want him to pay for sure, to make sure he won't do it again....
    I heard there was some road rage action going on here in town, and one guy ended pulling over, running to the other guy, shot and killed the driver, and shot the passenger. The average of mentality here in Fresno is bad, very bad. They all think they are in a bad stupid gang movie, always trying to show everybody who has the biggest balls.... and the smallest brain. Some rich kids dressing like they come from the ghetto, talk like they come from the ghetto, and look really ridiculous... "ricer on foot", kind of. I would love to send those kids to Afghanistan and do some peacekeeping work over there so they realize how good they already have it here in the States.
    Yeah, I think more and more about moving to another state(maybe I will find the same crap there too... who knows). I have a good job so I don't plan on going anywhere for now.
    Last edited by ticrab; 01-29-2002 at 08:54 AM.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

Estimate

$329.55 !!!! I will try to borrow a digital camera to take a picture of the scratch. It is so minor. An inch long. Still it will be that much to fix it.

I guess I'm in the wrong business....
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

I Support ClubWRX
    ARGHHHH, I can't stand those kids who dress all ghetto style. Even the stereotypical ghetto boy, hip hop star is not actually from a the poor ghettos...they are just a bunch of spoiled brats from suburban communities that have been spoonfed all their lives. That entire culture disgusts me sometimes, that "bling bling yo, waz up with my ho" style is degrading to themselves. I'm not even sure sending them to Afganistan to do civil aid will help them...maybe a POW camp will humble them. And a final note, BET annoys me in every extent.

Re: Estimate

Originally posted by ticrab

$329.55 !!!! I will try to borrow a digital camera to take a picture of the scratch. It is so minor. An inch long. Still it will be that much to fix it.

I guess I'm in the wrong business....
    Your insurance won't pick up the tab? Could you contact the police again and see if they caught the guy so you could pursue it with his insurance company? I feel for you man. Even the small dents can hurt your wallet. Some f**ker put a large door-ding in the side of my rex when it was only a month old. Nothing pisses me off more than a door-ding - it shows a complete lack of respect for other people's property.

Anyway, your experience sounds a little scary. You did the smart thing though.

Well, my insurance will order the police report and I haven't heard from the cops yet. So we will see from there. I'm not paying. I have the estimate and I'm waiting until the insurance companies work something out. I believe if that kid doesn't have insurance, my insurance will pay for everything and they will waive the deductible, so everything will be fixed without me paying for anything. If he has insurance, they will go after him. I can't wait. And then he will also have to deal with the other guy's truck that he rammed into. So we'll see how far this will go. I just wish I could ask that kid if it was worth it.

"He's kinda dumb.... he's an a$$ too..... he's a dumb a$$!" Red Foreman, That 70s Show.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

What's up with these tailgatin bastards!
    I mean everyday I have some body on my ass! Is it because the trunk of the rex is short and it's an optical illusion? Apperently not because some dumb ass was so close to me a few months ago that when I got home I had a bunch of small scratchs along the upper rim of my bumper for about a foot wide. If I had felt it I would be in jail right now. I have a bad temper for *******s and tend to give them new ones. People are such haters. They hateto see a young successful adult sporting a great vehicle,(especially redkneck pick-up truck drivin bastards) enough said, givem hell TICRAB!

My passionate disdain for tailgaters grew when I had my Oldsmobile's trunk pushed into my backseat by a Ford F-350 towing a wood chipper. My back still bothers me a little and while lawyers can do wonders for making sure you get compensated, I wish I would've had a little longer to save for my WRX downpayment.

-Jim

It's just stupid man! I mean do you know how easy you could kill someone and there entire family by simply tailgating? It's never worth it.......

I've had something like that happen to me too.

I was driving a friend home last summer about 4 pm. Driving up a hill I come to the crest and then all I have time to say is "Oh S.." and a waterbaloon hits my windshield dead center! I was driving at 35 the other car was going about 35 plus with the throw that is an 80 mph waterbaloon! Scared the crap out of me. Luckily it was me and not some old lady, that could have been bad. Anyway back to the story. So the waterbaloon hits the windshield, I do the normal reflex of flinching and when I open my eyes I can't see because there is water covering the windshield. I look over my shoulder and see a bronco driving away (no it wasn't O.J.) Now normaly I'm a nice guy, quiet and just let people be but when that baloon hit my car something snaped. Just like it did with ticrab. I checked traffic and fliped a u-turn. (this all takes place in 4 seconds) I easily hit over 90 mph, I do remember looking. I caught up to them really fast and they were turning on to a different road. I saw them "try" to get away from me but there was too much traffic and I think they knew they couldn't get away from me because the Rex has MaD pOwEr Yo! By this time I had 911 on my cell phone and was following them at normal speeds until they stoped about 2 miles later. When we stoped, 3 of the cutest highschool girls (16/17)come out of the back of the bronco. They were trying to get out of it but I didn't let those sirens fool me! There were 2 guys up front but I think one of the girls threw the waterbaloon. Anyway, the cops showed up about 10 min later and I told him to go easy on them. Nothing was wrong with my car (hey my windshield didn't crack!). So I think he just gave them a lecture. I have done some really stupid stuff when I was there age so I kinda felt bad for them.

It is easy to flip out and start chasing someone, I guess you never know how you are going to react until it happens. I don't know what I would have done if they tried to get away. Obviously they wouldn't be able to outrun me but it could have gotten serious like ticrab's or worse. It would have been best to just get the licence plate and call it in to the police. I have heard of similar stories where there was a civilian chase and the outcome was really bad.

p@

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast