Ford Ranger... and a lot of Drama! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Ford Ranger... and a lot of Drama! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Akiata, I guess if they were throwing water balloons, they wouldn't have a gun. Good call on getting the police ...

Akiata,

I guess if they were throwing water balloons, they wouldn't have a gun. Good call on getting the police involved. Who knows what kind of mayhem could have been caused if they did this again. It isn't funny when it causes an accident.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Akiata,

Good job! And I feel you when you say "I have done some really stupid stuff when I was there age so I kinda felt bad for them". Still, I think reporting them to the cops was the best thing to do. It usually gets out of hand and the outcome will be bad. Add somebody drunk and carrying a gun to the picture and you have a great soap opera in Fresno.
    Seriously, I still can't believe how stupid people can be sometimes.

I will check on the status of my case this morning. I'll keep you guys posted.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

Finally

Damn! More than 2 months after the accident, my insurance finally decided to go ahead and waive the deductible. They told me the truck was registered under a female name. They sent something to her and she never responded. So they assume they are at fault. Actually my insurance company is probably irritated because they can't really go after her at this point. I think they also took forever and felt bad for me for waiting so long. Maybe somebody got lazy there too. I kinda went off on some voicemails yesterday....

Anyways, $330 of repair. Now, what sucks is that I'm really busy. The shop wants the car, remove the bumper, work on it and put it back on. They take forever. I need my car. I know I can get a rental. It just gets on my nerves. And the scratch is really, really minor... I wish I could just get the cash and by accident buy some mods.

You guys be careful out there. Report anything or anybody even for the slightest scratch if you can. If you think it's not worh it, if the guy hits and runs, report him just to get him in trouble. More or less. If you don't, people will start thinking a minor scratch is no big deal and everybody will do it.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

Personally, I would have followed them accross 3 states if I had to before the cops actually found us, but I wouldn't have let them get away without the red & blue's on their butt.

I may sound dumb for saying this, but Ticrab just showed us why my method of following the Mother F***ers ALL THE Way to their house, or until you run outta gas is best. The truck could have been borrowed, or stolen at the time, in which case, the police would never be able to prosecute because their would be no proof as to WHO was driving. Even if they had the name of all 4 people in the truck, without witnessing an actual driver, they need proof of which one was driving.

This method is also better, because then, for all eternity, you know where they live...

Also, just to remind people, if someone gets out of their car with a gun and takes 1 step toward you (or your family). As long as you "fear for you life", ACCIDENTALLY sprawlling them out across your hood as you "quickly leave the scene to find safety" is considered PROTECTING YOUR LIFE, and is not a crime.

Half of America considers cars as "rolling weapons" yet when someone pulls a real weapon on a driver, most people forget that their car is a weapon. Just like if someone pulled a gun on you and pointed it at you first, you can pull one back at them, and shoot and it's self defense. Same with a car. If people want to consider them weapons, then use them as weapons IN SELF DEFENSE.
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

A true story I heard...

I just thought of a story I heard somewhere similar to these where the drivers got what they deserved in my opinion.

Some teens were causing trouble on the road at night and I think threw something at another car going in the opposite direction. The other driver made a U-Turn and started to chase down the kids. The road was a 2 lane twisty road and the young drivers were not very experienced. They couldn't leave the guy chasing them, so they kept trying harder. I think they might have even turned their headlights off so they wouldn't be seen. They tried harder to get away but they lost control and went off the road and died.

The guys mistake was that he stopped and got help and now he's being charged with manslaughter, saying that chasing them down caused them to crash!!!

Mental note: if this happens to you, keep on going and phone it in from a payphone, far, far away from the scene.

I'd let the guy off if I was on the jury--if you can't drive...you can't drive, it's not somebody else's fault you ran off the road.
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

jmussetter,

What you said we should do in those type of situations is what went though my mind. Then when you cool down, you should also quickly understand one thing: everything could go wrong in one split second, you like it or not. My car was scratched. I didn't know how bad when it happened. I was pissed off. I wanted to stop them, drag him out and rub his face against the scratch to polish the bumper and eventually fix the problem. When things went out of hand, I realized it wasn't worth and could have got worse. If you read my first post, you will see that they hit a parked truck on a small street. Kids play around all the time. Yeah, it wouldn't be my kid you may say. I'm not like that. I wasn't in danger. I put my Wife and myself in an escalating dangerous situation by following them. Yesterday somebody again got shot in Fresno over road rage.
    Let's put it this way: I was driving a bulletproof vehicle once with other soldiers, got hit by AK47s, parked the car, got out and started blasting. This is a survival situation. The hit and run I was describing above was not. So from there, you see why I didn't pursue. Really wasn't worth it.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.