Chevy Cav vs WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Chevy Cav vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; here ya go.. just because there have been a little discussion about this sort of thing lately. http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...=19801&t=19801...

Chevy Cav vs WRX

here ya go.. just because there have been a little discussion about this sort of thing lately. http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...=19801&t=19801
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

.... no words to describe the thread, I wasn't sure whether or not to be amused.. or just bored.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

they are right though.. if they could just get us to take off our turbo's .. we would get owned up and down the street.
    -Andrew

But thats how the WRX is built, thats like saying 'yeah if you just cut off half the cylinders in a camaro than we'd be owning them all day'. Cavaliers aren't sports cars their economy cars, and no disrespect because I see some of them have their stuff together, but if you want a fast car, you don't start off small with a civic or cavalier or corolla or "small sub 20k commuter car". Its like their saying that WRX's are cheating by having a factory turbo, sorry guys its just how it was built.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

You'll have to pry the turbo outta my cold dead hands
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

If we didnt have the turbo, the car would have never been built, it would still be the 2.5Rs.

The turbo IS the selling point of this car.

What part of that dont you get?

If you noticed, the people talking on the other forum were talking about putting turbo's on there cars.

Jealousy is very ugly and that forum was proof.
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

But thats how the WRX is built, thats like saying 'yeah if you just cut off half the cylinders in a camaro than we'd be owning them all day'. Cavaliers aren't sports cars their economy cars, and no disrespect because I see some of them have their stuff together, but if you want a fast car, you don't start off small with a civic or cavalier or corolla or "small sub 20k commuter car". Its like their saying that WRX's are cheating by having a factory turbo, sorry guys its just how it was built.

sorry i reposted ^^^^

Funny

lol

what non-enthusiasts don't understand is that a proper turbo engine is tuned exactly opposite of what a NA engine will be...it is designed to get its power from its turbo, so it makes significantly less power with the turbo removed.

When i was a kid i used to think the same way (wow that BMW makes almost as much power as that turbo'd Supra, imagine if they bolted a turbo on the BMW!)

Turbo engines have *significantly* lower compression, typically heavy iron blocks, additional oil passages, piston oil sprayers, and fairly conservative valve/cam profiles to keep the head and block intact. Rather than optimize the head for exhaust pulses and scavenging, the head is designed to withstand high pressure (and backpressure).

That is why a sweet NA Honda engine can make so much power on just a few psi from a turbo or SC...but that same engine will NOT be around after 30k, 50k, or 100k miles.

Cheers
    99.5 A4 1.8T28
    P.E.S. T28 Turbo Kit, Racetec Z-Flo FMIC, 1/8 Test Pipe w/Milltek Exhaust, Vortrag Hypercoil Springs over Bilstein Sports (450lb/500lb), W.O.A. Stage II Clutch, Racetec 4-pt Strut Brace, A.W.E. A Pillar Boost Gauge, Bailey BPV, Valeo E-Codes w/ Phillips 5300K H.I.D., APR Snubbie, Strat cartridge SSK, S4 Vented Wheel Liner, Brembo Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads(F)/EBC Greens(R), Denso Iridium IK-22's, Hella Supertones, O.Z. 17" SL's w/ Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, Alpine CDA-7894, MB Quart QSD 213, Rockford Fosgate 501.1bd, Alpine SWR-1241D, P.P.I. A.400, 35% Llumar Charcoal tint, UUC RKII, RS-4 Grille.
    "Building boost, breakin hearts"

94 Miata C Package (a.k.a. Nougat)
    Flying Miata's FM2 intercooled GT28 turbo kit, Shiv fuel rail, AEM wideband O2, FM turbo exhaust, R.S. Aizawa Slash Intake Lid, KYB AGX's, HDHCDD 4-Point rollbar, FM NA clutch, FM F+R swaybars, Hella E-Code H4 Conversions, CRI Fogs, CRI Air Horns, Lewis Lumbars, Momo Monte Carlo, Rota Circuit 8's 15" with Toyo T1-S's, Pioneer Premier DEH-P440 with Infiniti Kappas 6 1/2 (doors), Infiniti Kappas 3 1/2 (headrests), some chrome bits, Voodoo.
    "It's not how fast you go, its how little you slow down...but 9.5hp/lb helps!"

um. . .wouldn't they get owned by a good driver in the 2.5 rs also?

we get 2L non turbo imprezza's here
    they are the entry level ones
    some people even try and make these look like WRXs too :P

Second, he paid probably close to 30,000 while im sure you didn't shell out more than 25,000.
    I like this statement. I didn't pay 30,000 for mine.

Originally posted by solak321
    Ya know its funny you say that about the civics and corolla, cause you know damn well, there are lots of faster civics out there than wrx's. Second I own a corolla with just bolt-ons and obviously it doesn't compare to my wrx, it will pull on my sister's 2k1 RS2.5 Its a quick and fun(handling) car. Just thought i'd throw that out there

there just seemed to be a lot of misinformation there, but oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast