my auto wrx vs. new z28
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on my auto wrx vs. new z28 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok ok, i know racing from a roll is like masturbation, as good as it is, its not real sex. ...

my auto wrx vs. new z28

ok ok, i know racing from a roll is like masturbation, as good as it is, its not real sex. but anyhow, i raced a z28 from a roll. i was at about 60... well 59mph, cuz thats when my auto wrx shifts to second if i mash the gas fast. if im at 61 or above, it shifts to third and the acceleration sucks. next to me was a white z28, and i hear him rev his engine, so once he revved, i revved back and it was on. once i notice him floor it, i floored it to, it shifted to second and i pull about a car on him, if not a bit more all the way up to 100 mph when i see him still there right behind me, not gaining or loosing ground. i felt my car hit fourth gear, and i just let off. anyhow, the guy just passed me really fast and didnt even slow down or anything, just kept on going.

one for the automatic wrx, zero for the z28(probably an automatic, not sure though).

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It probably was an auto (they have crappier gearing). I had an '00 Z28 6-speed and it was a beast from a roll. I could drop to 2nd and usually get the tires to light a bit and then chirp 3rd and kick the tail out slightly. Mine was barely modded... just a Borla catback and also a lid/K&N filter... I miss that thing. I gotta upgrade the WRX soon... its too slow for my tastes at the moment.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

i guess it probably was, hehe. i dont really care though, i did really good compared to my odds against racing a z28 from a roll.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    i guess it probably was, hehe. i dont really care though, i did really good compared to my odds against racing a z28 from a roll.

peter
    Defiinitely! Even the autos are no slouch!
    2003 WRX Sedan

Not a Z28.

Not this again. I've seen just as many stock LS1 F-bodies run 14.0 @ 101 as I have run 13.5 @ 105 or quicker. Not all of them are equal.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

i somewhat doubt it was a z28, than again Peter's car is somewhat of a freak, who knows, musta been feeding those monkeys well.
    - Ilian
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

I believe it might have been a Z28 auto. A few f-body guys that rode in my Z28 called it a "freak" too. Mine was extremely fast compared to some others stock for stock. I have seen stock fbodies run low 14's however most run mid-low 13's-ish. GM high tech performance magazine ran a stock LS1 SS 12.9 in the 1/4...
    2003 WRX Sedan

Originally posted by 2003WRX
    It probably was an auto (they have crappier gearing). I had an '00 Z28 6-speed and it was a beast from a roll. I could drop to 2nd and usually get the tires to light a bit and then chirp 3rd and kick the tail out slightly. Mine was barely modded... just a Borla catback and also a lid/K&N filter... I miss that thing. I gotta upgrade the WRX soon... its too slow for my tastes at the moment.
    I hear you. I miss my Z28 as well. Took a ride as well as got to drive my friend's new '03 Cobra last night. What a power rush! That thing is a beast! The acceleration was almost linear even up to 125 mph. It had power in all gears, including 6th! My stock REX felt so slow after driving that car.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Z28 have a lot of top end, I doubt you can run away from it from a roll. Not to mention wrx is not famous for roll on races.

well, it was kinda from 60 to just over 100mph. i took the edge on it by about a car, if not a bit more, but right when my car hit 4th gear, i knew i had to let off, cuz i was going to be reeled in and annihilated. 4th gear feels sooo weak on my car. anyhow, josh, who is on here was in another wrx behind me. he can verify my race.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

oh, and trust me it was a z28. i would have raped a v6 camaro.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Originally posted by zOla84
    i somewhat doubt it was a z28, than again Peter's car is somewhat of a freak, who knows, musta been feeding those monkeys well.
    after i did the boostmonkey mod, my car increased in performance dramatically. this is why zola84 loves to mess around with me. whenever im about to race someone, he always asks if ive "fed my monkeys"!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.