03 Cobra vs Stage4 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 03 Cobra vs Stage4 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming home the other night and I get surrounded by all these lowered stickered cars. Dont recall all of them ...

03 Cobra vs Stage4 WRX

Coming home the other night and I get surrounded by all these lowered stickered cars. Dont recall all of them but they were just begging me to run. There was one WRX (black/blue) and 2 Eclipse and couple others. I was going 60 MPH and put it into 3rd. I gave them the jump. 2 cars hung for a little bit until I built up RPMs. The WRX and one of the slammed Eclipses which I thought I heard a turbo.

After 80/90 MPH I was pulling away pretty hard. Maybe 4 cars. I shut off.

They followed me to the exit I took which led to another 55 MPH 3 lane road. No one on the road. We slow to about 10/15 and talked. They wanted to run them from a 10 MPH roll. The only 2 that tried were the WRX and the one Eclipse the others hung behind.

From a 10/15 roll (where the 03 Cobra SHINES) to about 120+ it was prolly 7+ cars. I pulled on them pretty hard in first and 2nd. I hook pretty good cause the tires where warm from being on the highway a while and the last run.

We stopped at a local fast food place and they were all pretty impressed with the 03 Cobra. The WRX guy said it was a "Stage 4"... The Eclipse had ALL this yellow crap around his engine and a SC or a turbo (i didnt ask but I could tell from the intake pipes).

The Stage4 WRX was however taking the Eclipse by about 2+ or so cars from what I could tell.

I can put about 3+ cars on a Z06 from a 15 roll. But the Z06 has given me much more of a fight than that Stage 4.

Maybe the guy really did not have a Stage 4. Dunno. From the time's I've seen the Stage 4's are doing 12.7 - 12.9's and my car is capable of a 11.5 with better tires. From a 15 MPH roll they got slaughtered. I should be around 1.2+ seconds faster.

It was fun. I think the WRX would have faired better from a stop. Prolly 4-5 cars and not 7+.
    Last edited by 03Cobra; 03-16-2003 at 06:07 AM.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DROOOL**

nice race/ good kill

Yeah that DOES sound like a nice race...good job on the kill! How many cars were there...lol sounds like a bunch. It definitely sounds like that Eclipse was turboed more than likely...otherwise to be able to even keep up THAT much it woulda taken a buttload of mods for an N/A car like that. Again, GOOD KILL!

-Ryan
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

Originally posted by WRXguy3
    Yeah that DOES sound like a nice race...good job on the kill! How many cars were there...lol sounds like a bunch. It definitely sounds like that Eclipse was turboed more than likely...otherwise to be able to even keep up THAT much it woulda taken a buttload of mods for an N/A car like that. Again, GOOD KILL!

-Ryan

I think there was at least 6 cars all traveling in a pack. Obviously looking for trouble. They were young. Maybe early 20s.

That Eclipse was modded to hell. Lowered, stickers, gauges, engine looked VERY modded with lots of dress up. Still could not take that WRX though.

They obviously went out taunting all the fast cars they could. Nothing better to do on a friday night.

I honestly think that the WRX could have given a stock 03 Cobra a good run. Maybe hung with him. Perhaps win from a stop. It definately was not slow.

"the page you are attempting to view has been removed because it violated angelfire's terms of service" dammit.

"the page you are attempting to view has been removed because it violated angelfire's terms of service"
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I get the same message

wonder if im gonna goto jail =) thank god i found that video online somewhere =)

your in deep do-do man thats worse than ripping off your mattress tag.

lol "we killed a man by ripping him to pieces!!!!"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.