WRX(stock) vs S4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX(stock) vs S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well. I got to race S4 several times today. from the roll and from the start. I was really shocked ...

WRX(stock) vs S4

well. I got to race S4 several times today. from the roll and from the start. I was really shocked with the results.

The whole race started with trash talks. I revved my engine at S4 and rolled down my window, and he said "let's see how slow that um.. what's it calleD?? is." He said he was stock. At the green light, we both launched and jumped about same length. Through the first gear, I was about half of car behind and that was it for 2nd, and 3rd gear. We went several times and finally stopped. He asked me what HP I have, and I said 227 and still running stock. He didn't believe me. He said he has 250HP stock and there was no way for me to hang right behind him. I wasn't trying to be rude, but I had to say "maybe you can't drive well". haha.. next thing I know, he turns off his engine to turn on his chip. He said he got a manual cockpit switch option when he got the chip. We ran again and wat do you know~ same result. I was only half a car length behind. He said his chip wasn't working and he's confused with its operation.

He finally gave me props and left. I think his chip wasn't working properly either. And it WAS a S4. One of the best races I've ever ran.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good run man...sounds like you were the better driver out of the 2

What u think about it 2001S4 ?
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

Maybe he wasn't as bad of a driver as you thought. Based on this article http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...?keywords=wrx, you should edge him out on accelleration.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    Maybe he wasn't as bad of a driver as you thought. Based on this article http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...?keywords=wrx, you should edge him out on accelleration.
    o0o0o00o Now that's news to my ears, good find!
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

What do I think? Sounds about right. Stock vs stock, both cars are about the same up until around 100 mph. That is where the S4 will start to pull away slowly. Whichever gets the better jump will be ahead. Sounds like maybe he was the better driver actually. As far as the chip goes, it is true that you can get a chip that you may switch on or off. On the right side stick on the steering column, you can press the button to switch between stock mode and the higher boost pressure mode. If his chip is working properly, then he most definitely should pull on you if you are stock. Maybe he was an ass and doesnt' really have a chip. Either way, good race.

doubt he had a chip, and he shouldnt have been surprised. Those things are porkers.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.