350Z vs. PA State Police
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 350Z vs. PA State Police within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The road to a license suspension… It was Friday, October 4th, 2002. I was northbound on the PA Turnpike’s North ...

350Z vs. PA State Police

The road to a license suspension…

It was Friday, October 4th, 2002. I was northbound on the PA Turnpike’s North East extension in my 350Z. Josh (Trailboss), my navigator, had inexplicably arrived almost two hours early at the Greyhound station that I was picking him up from. I was late. I was also becoming increasing pissed off at the white Hyundai Elantra on my ass at 85mph. The signs said the toll both was approaching in one half mile. I downshifted into fifth gear. I was rounding a beautiful bend at 115mph when the Valentine1 got real loud, real fast. I clutched and nailed the brakes. I pulled over before the cop even turned on his lights. I waited. The trooped informed me that he clocked me at 98mph in a 55mph zone. I breathed a sigh of relief. He noted on my ticket that a radar detector was mounted. I signed the summons and handed it back to the trooper as he sent me on my way. I called Josh on my cell to explain to him that I was running a little later. He expressed his sympathy for the ticket. I kept on speeding. I picked up Josh at the station and we tried to find Dinosaur BBQ in Rochester, NY. We never found it and decided to check in to the Hampton Inn and get some rest. The rally was Saturday. We finished first in the amateur class or last in the intermediate class at the Monte Carlo style rally.

My hearing was in November in Luzerne County. I got railroaded. GUILTY.

Another few months go by and I have a departmental hearing. I find out my license is being suspended for fifteen days and got five points awarded to my license. My insurance went up marginally. Life goes on.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dang that sucks about the ticket, at least he didn't clock you at 115. The cop may have lowered your mph though seeing how cooperative you were. Congratulations on your win in that rally though, did you run it in your wrx?
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

Why are you selling your cars? What did you think about the 350Z? Lastly, what are you going to get next?

Sorry to hear about the ticket.

Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow that sucks. I gues I got off lightly with my 91 in a 65, with just a $140 fine.
    2010 SSM STI

I don't have a 350z but i've driven my friends several times. The car is nice, i cannot stand the doorhandles. There are some elements of the interior i really don't like, overall it's a nice car though. As far as driving it's fun, but the pedals feel to "electronic" (for lack of a better word) to me, not enough feel.

I've had a few tickets on the Northeast Extension. The portion from the East West Turnpike to Allentown is relatively cop free. Everyone drives like it's Daytona. It think it would be damn near impossible to pick out an individual speeder on that section as the PA troopers don't use Ladar.

Once you get past the Allentown exit, the traffic thins out, there is a lot of law enforcement, and you become easy meat.

This sounds like the last thing you need right now, Jim. Sorry.

X

that sucks, only 15 days though, could be worse. im surprised you didnt get some slack for pulling over before he even turned on his lights
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Sorry to hear it, Jimbo.

tan
    Originally posted by MisterX
    I've had a few tickets on the Northeast Extension. The portion from the East West Turnpike to Allentown is relatively cop free. Everyone drives like it's Daytona. It think it would be damn near impossible to pick out an individual speeder on that section as the PA troopers don't use Ladar.

Once you get past the Allentown exit, the traffic thins out, there is a lot of law enforcement, and you become easy meat.

This sounds like the last thing you need right now, Jim. Sorry.

X
    Thank god I always take the Allentown exit going home.

Many times, there's a cop roosting right after the first tunnel (where it's 55 mph speed limit)

Sounds like the cop hit you with instant on. Damn speed traps.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Man, how did you get a new 350Z all the way back in October!?
    Nice.

Originally posted by solak321
    dang that sucks about the ticket, at least he didn't clock you at 115. The cop may have lowered your mph though seeing how cooperative you were. Congratulations on your win in that rally though, did you run it in your wrx?
    The cop most certainly did not lower the speed. He was hardcore about speeders and so was the judge.

-Jim

Originally posted by tela_pan
    Why are you selling your cars? What did you think about the 350Z? Lastly, what are you going to get next?

Sorry to hear about the ticket.
    A number of reasons. I left a lucrative position to start my own company. It didn't do as well as I thought and I spent money on the wrong things. I paid a WAD of cash for the 320th 350Z to roll off the assembly line.
    ^ ^ ^
    "FASST LN Man, how did you get a new 350Z all the way back in October!?"

Since I was awarded points and have been in accidents, my insurance has gone up. It will take me 2 and 2/3 years to work off my five points. If I continue to drive ridiculously fast cars to work, I'm in trouble. I can't get another point or the suspension isn't worked off. I'm going back to work full time soon (HOPEFULLY) and altering the direction of PPM.

I need a smaller, beater car to get to work before I come back to tuning my own badass car. I'm sticking to customers for a while.

-Jim

So a friend of mine is a State Trooper in Pennsylvania and he chased this 350Z- oh, never mind

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.