my buddies wrx vs. Z06
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on my buddies wrx vs. Z06 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, my buddy and I went to the track and saw a beautiful z06 w/a 405hp chrome emblem on ...

my buddies wrx vs. Z06

Hey guys, my buddy and I went to the track and saw a beautiful z06 w/a 405hp chrome emblem on the back. The guy was acting like he was going to destroy everyone there and didn't think much of our wrx's....well I filmed this (actually my girlfriend filmed it) for my friend at the track.

This wasn't his best run (he ran a 12.720@109 later that day) but, it was against a 2002 Z06 (405hp), and I thought it would go great in the "wrx vs. the world" I was driving his car on this run.

PERFORMANCE mods:

vf23
    STOCK fuel system
    STOCK ecu
    93 octane pump gas
    apex'i s-afc (tuned by drivers image)
    apex'i avc-r
    blitz dd bov
    blitz fmic
    blitz intake
    aps turboback
    aps uppipe

MY FRIEND's WRX
    http://home.attbi.com/~mildred.park/wrx_vs._z06.mpg

I, unfortunately, didn't get to run against the z06, but I imagine the outcome would have been worse (for the z06 owner).
    Last edited by AmSFighter; 03-14-2003 at 10:38 AM.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hahah nice vid bud...and NICE KILL! It's awesome to see these guys in there 50 thousand dollar cars thinking they are just THE ****...and then you get a nice modded WRX in there and show em who's boss. w00t! very nice
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

someone email this to smolten! lol! in your face.
    04 SVT Lightning

Awesome kill.. He had an nice 60' it looked lik!

So the wrx ran an 12.720@109 with the stock computer using an AFC.. hmm. I am always thinking about buying an S-AFC instead of an ECUTEK or something, and just messing with the fuel mixture.

Using the stock computer/turbo do you think it would be worth it to get an AFC(they are selling for $250 used), or should I shell out the $800 for an ECUTEK or UTEC??

I love seeing subarus beat corvettes

What did the Vette do? You can't see the car or his time. I mean apparently he lost, it seems...

Cool tunes in the background though!
    Driving the whiteline nightmare!

2003 Aspen White WRX Wagon 5 speed

That's it! I swear I'm going to trade in my new A4 to get what I really wanted (let wife talk me into A4 when I kept lobbying for Subie wagon)

Nice video.

T.

hahaha, that was great.....i just have one question.....

where's the other car?
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Nice video. I wish the cameraperson included a shot of the Vette though.

Thumbs up

OMG that Z06 got spanked!

awesome vid, and awesome run!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

Originally posted by PaulRex

Using the stock computer/turbo do you think it would be worth it to get an AFC(they are selling for $250 used), or should I shell out the $800 for an ECUTEK or UTEC??
    Hi Paul, a few of my friends use the apex'i s-afc. Some are very happy with them, the others are planning on (or have already) switched to other forms of engine management. If you can find a person who knows how to tune the s-afc, try it out. It worked out very well for Terry. I think for overall performance and reliability the UTEC, xede, link, remapped ecu, etc... would be better options (if you have the money) since you can control more parameters than just the afr. Just my opinions. Best wishes.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    Yeah, no doubt!! A WRX with no more than basic boltons and a VF23 turbo.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

hey guys/gals, I apologize for the quality of the video and the filming. My girl was actually shooting it and unfortunately, she's not too much into cars as we are so she only shot Terry's car instead of a wide angle.

To put it short, the z06 ran a 13.5XX @109+ (I don't remember the exact numbers, but it trapped high). All I can say is, he stayed far behind. If you listen carefully, you can hear some guys laughing. The z06 left the strip after that run

BTW, if some of ya'll want to contact him, he goes by bluturbowrx on nasioc.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Originally posted by AmSFighter
    Hi Paul, a few of my friends use the apex'i s-afc. Some are very happy with them, the others are planning on (or have already) switched to other forms of engine management. If you can find a person who knows how to tune the s-afc, try it out. It worked out very well for Terry. I think for overall performance and reliability the UTEC, xede, link, remapped ecu, etc... would be better options (if you have the money) since you can control more parameters than just the afr. Just my opinions. Best wishes.
    Paulrex -

Don't waste your $250 (USED) on an AFC for a WRX. It can't control your ignition maps so it's not worth it. IMO, there's more to be gained in ignition maps than fuel maps (of course they both need to be addressed).
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    lol, I agree. Although, he will just come on here and be like "so what, thats just 1 video...." I know I've seen countless vids with WRXs schooling all sorts of different cars. I wish I had saved them all...
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Nice run. Did the Z06 driver not know how to drive? I am not taking away from your win, looked pretty sweet. Just wondering cause a Z06 is supposed to be in the low to mid 12's IIRC. Either way, nice run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast