my buddies wrx vs. Z06 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on my buddies wrx vs. Z06 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; bwahaha! is that skid row in the background!?...

bwahaha! is that skid row in the background!?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"THEY CALL US PROBLEM CHILD, WE SPEND OUR LIFE ON TRIAL, WE WALK AN ENDLESS MILE... WE ARE THE YOUTH GONE WILD!!: lol
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Funny how a guy with an 11 second car (stock) talks sh*t and then cant even drive it AND gets spanked by a 4 cylinder... Lew-z-her!
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

WRX
    dood, great vid! it needs to go in the video thread.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I'm not wanting to take away from the win, but that Z06 should have easily done better than that. They're 12 second cars, stock. What's the altitude at that track? That could also have an effect on the Z06's performance. Aside from the guy being unable to drive.

Good kill either way, though - the guy should not have been talking smack.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

I agree the Z06 should have done alot better. I nearly bought one before the WRX and have driven the thing. It accelerates violently. That WRX did pretty much haul arse though, so not to take anything away from it of course.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Good Job!

I haven't had the chance of racing a Z06 in a 1/4 mile race (at a track) but I've raced a few of them at our local 1/8 mile. That last Z06 I raced in the 1/8 mile didn't even give me much of a race. I beat him by several car lengths (.4 tenths). I was running 8.20s to his 8.50s- 8.60s.

One time I had a guy with a ZO6 (with mods) in the staging lanes next to me. Here I am all by myself (lonely) and here he is with about 8 guys standing around his car telling him how great his car was. Well needless to say I killed him. It wasn't even close.
    After the race he pulled his car into the parking lot and all his buddies came over to him. They all just stared at me and my car with this sad/mad face. I completely ruined his night at the track.

Again, good job. I love to hear about WRX's beating Vettes and such.

Originally posted by WRXless
    I'm not wanting to take away from the win, but that Z06 should have easily done better than that. They're 12 second cars, stock. What's the altitude at that track? That could also have an effect on the Z06's performance. Aside from the guy being unable to drive.

Good kill either way, though - the guy should not have been talking smack.

Actually I haver personally witnessed 2 stock 02 Z06's go 11's!

One used DR's to get an 11.7 the other stock tires and got an 11.9.

Most others are about 12.3-12.5's.

The guy who does 11.7's has over 200+ runs on the car. Its a science and art to the guy. He can drive.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Good Job!

I haven't had the chance of racing a Z06 in a 1/4 mile race (at a track) but I've raced a few of them at our local 1/8 mile. That last Z06 I raced in the 1/8 mile didn't even give me much of a race. I beat him by several car lengths (.4 tenths). I was running 8.20s to his 8.50s- 8.60s.

One time I had a guy with a ZO6 (with mods) in the staging lanes next to me. Here I am all by myself (lonely) and here he is with about 8 guys standing around his car telling him how great his car was. Well needless to say I killed him. It wasn't even close.
    After the race he pulled his car into the parking lot and all his buddies came over to him. They all just stared at me and my car with this sad/mad face. I completely ruined his night at the track.

Again, good job. I love to hear about WRX's beating Vettes and such.

Nice run. Most 02 Z06's run 8.0-8.2 1/8ths @ over 90+ MPH. You got lucky. They REALLY start moving after the 1/8th.

An 8.5 in the 1/8th is going to equate to about a 12.9 to 13.1 in the 1/4. Again, the Z driver could not drive or cant launch the car.

I have yet to see even the crappiest driver pull anything over a 12.7 with a Z06.

An 2002 Z06 is a "C" hair behind a 2002 Viper GTS. I think there power to weight ratio is darn close.

Props to the little WRX!

I might have to trade my 03 Cobra in for one of these WRX's... I would rather beat a Viper in a WRX than an 03 Cobra.

How much would it cost me to make a 12.0 second WRX? any idea? and what would I have to do? Stage4? Cost?

Was that at GLD? Are they open already?

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    Nice run. Most 02 Z06's run 8.0-8.2 1/8ths @ over 90+ MPH. You got lucky. They REALLY start moving after the 1/8th.

An 8.5 in the 1/8th is going to equate to about a 12.9 to 13.1 in the 1/4. Again, the Z driver could not drive or cant launch the car.

I have yet to see even the crappiest driver pull anything over a 12.7 with a Z06.

An 2002 Z06 is a "C" hair behind a 2002 Viper GTS. I think there power to weight ratio is darn close.

Props to the little WRX!

I might have to trade my 03 Cobra in for one of these WRX's... I would rather beat a Viper in a WRX than an 03 Cobra.

How much would it cost me to make a 12.0 second WRX? any idea? and what would I have to do? Stage4? Cost?

Our local 1/8 mile isn't the best track in the world. Most stock LS1 Fodies are running very high 8s and even low 9s. I watched a LS1 WS6 Trans Am the other night run 9.0s- 9.1s all night. I also watched a couple Z06s and both were running mid 8s at best. I'm sure their 60' times were bad. We have guys with tons of mods on LS1s that are only running low to mid 8s. The only LS1s I see breaking into the 7s are running big shots of NOS with slicks.
    But hey we have Dodge Vipers pulling mid to high 8s and slower also. Like I said its not the best track in the world.
    Down here is S.Florida it is very sandy. When it rains we get a lot of sand on the track. They do their best to prep the track but its not the best track for a high powered rwd car .. Its very close to racing on the street.

About running 12.0. in the 1/4. With stage 4 Setups guys are coming close. a few guys have run 12.3s - 12.4s but most run mid to high 12s. A stage 4 setup cost around 4k.
    There was a guy in here thats been running high 12s with a turbo upgrade and stock fuel management etc. You can do that for under 2k.

But to realistically run 12.0 of faster its going to require a small shot of NOS + Stage 4 Setup. Guys are running in the 11s with this setup.

For 11s or faster it take some serious cash and an engine rebuild (stroker motor, up graded tranny, etc) Easy street is an example of this and he is running mid 10s I believe in his WRX.

Also take into consideration the vishnu kits as well. Their stage 2 has wrx's around 12.4 according to their website. They also have a stage 3 kit coming out soon it says and it has the 1/4 mile like 12-11.8 sec. I know a lot of guys here have the TXS kits but you can't forget about the Vishnu ones.

http://www.vishnutuning.com/stage.htm

you can go here to see info about their kits and what kinds of times they are running.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

yea but the things most (or maybe just me) is that the vishnu runs really high octane which most of us don't have...the xs doesn't
    lambosv21

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12