What do you guys think about the new RX-8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What do you guys think about the new RX-8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; esp the 6spd 250hp version 9k redline... no tq but car still does 14.5qtr mi for about 27k. handles like ...

What do you guys think about the new RX-8

esp the 6spd 250hp version 9k redline... no tq but car still does 14.5qtr mi for about 27k. handles like any previous rx cars... really well. i hope mazda brings a tt version out!
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not too impresssed, i just love rx7s too much, thats not too impressive to me, cant beat the look of the rx7
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

i like it...the inside is soo tight!! there was one at the auto show here...there was also an STI...the rx8 is a nice car tho..

I guess the fact it does not look like an RX-7 is something I like about it - I liked RX_7s but they got long in the tooth. I like the new styling and look - it does need some more ooomph though, but that will only be just around the corner!!

I had an RX-4 with a twin turbo 13B in a previous life too!! Insane car - guy I sold it to was too insane for it......he killed himself in it. Hit a tree and cut the car in two.

I like what i read so far on the RX-8...I sat in it at a show...classic mazda...good finish, cramped, but comfortable...nice cockpit feel.

The car looks like a dolphin...up front...I keep going back and forth on the look...sometimes I like what it's doing, others, it looks too playful.

I'm very interested in the Rotory engine...and only time will tell if it's been perfected for the current market. A TT would be sweet...

And yes, I too am in-love with the 3rd gen RX-7 look...that or the miata are my top two 2nd car fun-project...if I ever had the money and the time.

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

i cant stand it
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

Originally posted by |T3|
    i cant stand it
    this wouldn't have anything to do with the april car and driver article would it???
    where the rx-8 beat out the g35 and your mustang.

I don't like it either.

I'm trying to decide between an STi, Evolution, used E36 M3, and the RX-8. I need four seats because I have two little car enthusiasts to consider.

I've read wonderful things about the RX-8. Everyone seems to agree that it's incredibly fun to drive, and that the handling and braking capabilities are second to none. I love the interior design, style, and finish. The transmission is very well regarded too. The mid-range power is low, but I've always been a fan rowing through the gears to extract the most from an engine. I've owned three RX-7s, and the rotary is just such a smooth engine.

Strikes against include the low torque and low probability of decent mods. An exhaust might help things a little.
    Last edited by nostatic; 03-14-2003 at 01:21 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Love it! There was another post a few days back about this...check it out.

If I had to pick between an RX-8 and an STi, I'd go with the STi. But if they ever made a TT RX-8, well...tough decision.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

i think it looks great and most magazines have only good things to say about it. i hope the mazdaspeed version comes over here too.

I believe there is a Mazdaspeed version in the works, I'll get you guys a picture of it, if its anything like the mazdaspeed protege, we can expect great things

Also saw it at the auto show, its beautiful, no picture on the internet does it justice.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

Oops, looks like i got beaten to the punch, yeah thats the mazdaspeed up there ^^^^^^
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

now that mazdaspeed one i likey
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

that is the BEST rx8 i've ever seen... damn!!!!!
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.