What do you guys think about the new RX-8 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on What do you guys think about the new RX-8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I agree about it being a 4 door, the back seat is nice, but are people so lazy that they ...

I agree about it being a 4 door, the back seat is nice, but are people so lazy that they can't just climb behind another seat like in a coupe? I mean i like all the new sport sedans, but i think its time we got some cars back to the coupe style. When mazda starts following trends set by saturn (new sc's and ion coupes) then we've got some problems.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

believe it or not, it does get extremely annoying.

I like the car alright, my friend has one reserved, so i get to drive one in early july or whenever they send it over here. Still like the rex better.

Originally posted by nyxjf
    believe it or not, it does get extremely annoying.
    True. Try doing it with 2 kids under the age of 5 everyday. You'll find out. That was the only reason why I got rid of my Si and bought a Sentra SE(YUK!) before SE-R came back....

They maybe targeting a different demographic with the car. The power and rotary is still there, why not catch more with 4 doors? Imagine which WRX owners the car will catch with a turbo?

I like it a lot. Who knows, might be my next new car. I'd have to test-drive one of course, and I would wait till people start racking up some mileage on the car to find out how this new engine does for reliability.
    Old, but not slow.

I am not impressed at all with the Rx-8. It has backseats now with more weight. It is really just a sporty family sedan now with the "RX" badge. Sure it has a rotary engine, but that is about the only thing that resembles the rx-7.
    Just Mazda trying to sell more cars.

Originally posted by jk147
    I am not impressed at all with the Rx-8. It has backseats now with more weight. It is really just a sporty family sedan now with the "RX" badge. Sure it has a rotary engine, but that is about the only thing that resembles the rx-7.
    Just Mazda trying to sell more cars.
    Well, the RX-8 is structurally more rigid than the RX-7 FD. And with all of the extra reinforcements AND back seats AND rear doors, the RX-8 is still only 200 pounds heavier than the 3rd generation 7. That is pretty impressive.

The G35C, now that's a pig as far as weight is concerned. It's 400 pounds heavier than the RX-8.

Just a sporty sedan? C'mon, you have obviously not sat in the RX-8 to say something like that. I have owned several sporty sedans (currently a 2001 S4) and the RX-8 has VERY little in common with my Audi or my previous BMW 330Ci.

I think fans of the FD RX-7 are just pissed that Mazda is trying something different. I hear the same thing from Porsche owners regarding the new Cayenne. Just because Porsche is trying to sell more cars doesn't make the Cayenne a bad vehicle. I got to drive a Cayenne last weekend at its unveiling, and it is VERY impressive.

i guess we should wait to see if the rumors of a new RX-7 are true before passing judgment on the 8. if this thing is really mazdas replacement for the 7 it is a total sellout. if not it is an ok car for someone who needs the four doors.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.