What do you guys think about the new RX-8 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What do you guys think about the new RX-8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

More pics (not Mazdaspeed)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's growing on me, like the 350Z has. It's an entuiasts car like the previous generations, so it's not very practical for someone with a family like me.
    I really like the fact that they went back to the rotary layout though I wonder how de-tuned it is in order to meet emissions standards.

Originally posted by PKer
    It's growing on me, like the 350Z has. It's an entuiasts car like the previous generations, so it's not very practical for someone with a family like me.
    I really like the fact that they went back to the rotary layout though I wonder how de-tuned it is in order to meet emissions standards.
    Hey, PKer, I have a wife and two young sons, and I'm excited about the RX-8 having so much room to accomodate everyone.

Good point about the possible de-tuning. The RX-Evolv had 280hp from the Renesis, so I think there may be 33hp waiting in there somewhere. Good point.

Hey, PKer, I have a wife and two young sons, and I'm excited about the RX-8 having so much room to accomodate everyone.
    Yikes
    Just make sure everyone stays on thier diets. J/K.
    It looks like it has more cabin space than RX-7 but a wife and two kids getting in and out of two doors all the time doesn't sound like fun.
    I continue to use the "it's a four door sedan" excuse for justifying my hot-rod purchase

PKer, the RX-8 does have four doors. Take a look at the second red interior shot I posted above. You can see the rear suicide door opened to expose the rear seats. I sat in the RX-8 rear seat at the Detroit car show (I'm 6'1") and had more headroom than in the G35 coupe and more legroom than in the WRX.

All the car mags say the there isn't going to be a Turbo version to hit the States b/c of emission laws...but hey, they also said there wouldn't be anymore rotary engines here also.......
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

I almost ordered one when they had the open invitation to order one online, before I bought my WRX, but couldn't wait another 6 months for the car. It was a pretty tough decision between the 2 cars. Happy with my decision though.

somebody photochop a blank white license plate on the front of the RX-8

its looks like it has buck teeth
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

i'm sorry i hate the rx 8. the purity the rx 7 had is ruined. it should not be a four door nor should it have back seats. pitiful attempt at mass marketing on mazdas part.

I think it's cool. Afterall, nothing can stay the same forever. My ownly gripe is that it's lacking the turbo that we all love. What a ridiculous car it would be if it was turbo'd with that 9K rpm
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

that mazdaspeed one is sweeeeet.. i
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

If this car had been out when I had bought my wrx, it would have been a tougher choice! My current 3 favorite cars (within a reasonable price range) are: WRX, 350Z, and RX-8.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Originally posted by snowcat
    If this car had been out when I had bought my wrx, it would have been a tougher choice! My current 3 favorite cars (within a reasonable price range) are: WRX, 350Z, and RX-8.

-snowcat
    Ditto.

Originally posted by SobeWRX
    this wouldn't have anything to do with the april car and driver article would it???
    where the rx-8 beat out the g35 and your mustang.
    Speaking about that article...whats the crap is going on?? They ranked the rx-8 over the g35 AND mustang??

The G35 wins in looks, luxury, prestige, etc.
    The Mustang wins in speed and power.

So why the rx-8?

btw...I only skimmed the article so i may have missed some key points but from a initial standpoint, it appears no contest. I would pick a G35 over an rx-8 anyday. It has such a great combo of sport and luxury.

Originally posted by nostatic
    PKer, the RX-8 does have four doors. Take a look at the second red interior shot I posted above. You can see the rear suicide door opened to expose the rear seats. I sat in the RX-8 rear seat at the Detroit car show (I'm 6'1") and had more headroom than in the G35 coupe and more legroom than in the WRX.
    Wow looks can be deceiving. Are you going to get one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.