The Beauty of All-Wheel Drive
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Beauty of All-Wheel Drive within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As I look out my window right now, Seattle is getting its first snowfall of this winter. I was out ...

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

The Beauty of All-Wheel Drive

As I look out my window right now, Seattle is getting its first snowfall of this winter. I was out driving in it just about an hour ago and I was on my way home, when I came to a red light. An older Honda Civic EX, probably a 94-95 model, pulls up next to me and starts inching his way forward. The snow was coming down pretty thick and there was a good solid 1/8 inch on the ground, so nothing too bad yet. Anyway, he starts reving and as the light turns green, he floors it...instant loss of traction! I gun it and by the time he actually starts moving, I'm hit 40 on this 30 mph limit street and ease up. He then turns off so I unfortunately didn't get to see him again. Oh well I love my AWD!
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SHO

SNOW???

I hear ya. What's up with this snow? Pretty fun actually to drive in, but be careful of the many people who don't really know how to drive in the snow. Down here (in centralia) We have almost 2 inches over the roads, and I had to go out and have a little E-brake fun. (It's too bad I don't have my AWD yet).

later

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.