First ever encounter with the Evo 8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on First ever encounter with the Evo 8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on the road this morning and saw a yellow Evo 8 on the freeway. So I am guessing ...

First ever encounter with the Evo 8

I was on the road this morning and saw a yellow Evo 8 on the freeway. So I am guessing the Evo 8 is finally here for sale at the dealers. Anyone test drive an Evo? If so, what are you opinion, comments... or even criticism?
    :the quest to be a better driver
    ::the relentless search for untamed twisties

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: First ever encounter with the Evo 8

Originally posted by Imprezaboy
    I was on the road this morning and saw a yellow Evo 8 on the freeway. So I am guessing the Evo 8 is finally here for sale at the dealers. Anyone test drive an Evo? If so, what are you opinion, comments... or even criticism?

I dont think anyone here has test driven one yet... but they are out and being marked up insane amounts of money, some are almost doubling the price. Ive heard anything from an asking price of 40k all the way up to 59k but they are around
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Wow, if the Evo 8 has a huge markup price like this, should we expect the same for the STi? Has anyone actually gone down to a Mitsu dealership to look at the stick price first hand?
    :the quest to be a better driver
    ::the relentless search for untamed twisties

I'm sure that it's likely that some Subaru dealerships may mark up the price on the STi, but Subaru dealerships aren't bastards like some Mitsus. In my area, the two dealerships I've visited said that they probably won't markup the price, and if they do, it would only be a grand or two.

Originally posted by Imprezaboy
    Wow, if the Evo 8 has a huge markup price like this, should we expect the same for the STi? Has anyone actually gone down to a Mitsu dealership to look at the stick price first hand?
    theres a picture circling around and a few people have said things like that... as for the sti wel have to wait and see
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I think I might stop by at the dealership and check it out.

Originally posted by DeeezNuuuts83
    but Subaru dealerships aren't bastards like some Mitsus.
    I've met my fair share of bastard Subaru dealers.
    Dealers just suck in general no matter what brand they are selling.

yeah for some reason, subaru has some snobby salesmans

I saw the evo and Yuck I just can't get over that nasty front grill.. I'm diggin the headlights though, they follow the steering wheel. This dealer was in Concord, Ca and they were marking up the sticker price $10k.. I was hella amazed that people are actually buying it at that price..but yeah the orignal sticker was about $30k with the standard options. The car is sweet but some things make it cheap look. APC like rear lights, chicken wire grilling, but that carbon fiber rear wing is off the hook. I hope Subaru doesn't go rice with thier car. The interior of the EVO was okay. The Brembo's are sick but the Enkie rims suck. I thought that the EVO was sponsered by OZ??? What about putting some superleggra's on that ****... man mitsubishi went rice...

-alex

Stopped by a local Mitsu dealer here in San Antonio the other day to check out the bright yellow VIII sitting up front and it was stickered at 30 and some change.

Originally posted by DeeezNuuuts83
    I'm sure that it's likely that some Subaru dealerships may mark up the price on the STi, but Subaru dealerships aren't bastards like some Mitsus.
    LOL My local Subie dealership is also the only Mitsu dealership in this valley.
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

I don't know if it was here or at i-club, but someone took a picture of the stickers on an Evo VIII at a Mitsubishi dealership. The markup was $20,000. I pity whichever bastard buys that car for that price... that is, unless he's got as much money as Shaq.

Seriously, imagine what you could do with around $50,000 (which is around what that specific Evo would cost BEFORE taxes and what not). You could get a brand new WRX and make it a 10-second show car capable of carving up the track with knife-like sharpness. Better yet, imagine what you could do with the difference between the price of a stock WRX and a stock Evo. Call up the fellas at Vishnu or Turbo XS!

i test drove a evo 8 about a week ago.

it's a nice car, but not really the price they are askin nice. (29xxx with 8000 dealer markup, so 37xxx final price)

the exterior didnt bother me too much, the interior wasn't exactly too good either. but it felt quicker, stopped faster, and more respsonive...

3 of the salesmen from our local dealership (including the one I bought my WRX from) were at a party I went to last night. One of them sold the only EVO they had on the lot for $6 over MSRP. I asked him if the prices would settle when the STi was released, he didn't think so. He said the STi was going to be in such limited quantities that there really wouldn't be much competition price-wise.
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast