Stage 2 WRX vs Supercharged Civic Type R
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 WRX vs Supercharged Civic Type R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night I finished installing my TurboXS, Stage 2 kit and this I was out testing my car. With the ...

Stage 2 WRX vs Supercharged Civic Type R

Last night I finished installing my TurboXS, Stage 2 kit and this I was out testing my car. With the stage 2 Kit I was only getting 14 psi boost down here in S.Florida ( very warm). So I was adjusting the ABC up to 16.5 psi when I ran into this beautiful Civic Type R. It had ground effects, lowered, big wing, custom wheels, etc you get the picture. Looked just like a car from Fast and the Furious. Well this dude gets right along side of me and slows down. I roll down my window and ask him "What you got?" He replys " Its Supercharged!"I was like humm/interesting. I told him I had a TurboXS stage 2 kit. I'm sure he was like humm/interesting. So we both slowed down to about 20mph and dropped it into 2nd gear. I told him to go and we were off. I had him from start to finish. I let off at 80mph and I was at least 5 cars in front of him. I then slowed down and he pulled along side of me again and we talked for a second. He was really cool and had a really nice car. I could tell he put alot of work into it. But not enough to hang with the Rex.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

CIVIC Type Rs are not sold in the US

It was prob a Supercharged reg civic hatch, maybe one with a B16A swap (99-00 Civic Si 160 HP Engine).
    They don't make Civic Type R for the US market. Good kill anyway.
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

Re: CIVIC Type Rs are not sold in the US

Originally posted by ElectronBlueSi
    It was prob a Supercharged reg civic hatch, maybe one with a B16A swap (99-00 Civic Si 160 HP Engine).
    They don't make Civic Type R for the US market. Good kill anyway.
    Yes, you never know. It definately had a Type R emblem and looked liget. The dude was also oriental. It definately had a supercharger and he had put a ton of money into the car. It was nice.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 01-26-2002 at 10:25 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Was it right hand drive?

Why didn't I think of that? I honestly can't remember what side of the car he was on. I was to busy yelling out the window going 20mph. I want to say he was on the right side because I was having a hard time getting a good look at him, but I can't be for sure. It probably was a si , with ground effects etc with a type R sticker. Next time I am going to be more observant. I was to excited over the confrontation. Its not everyday I run into a totally decked out ricer looking for a race. He seemed very confident he would beat me. He was like " It's Supercharged"
    For a second I wasn't sure I could take him. Thankfully his bark was much worse than his bite.

I seriously doubt it is a civic R. It is probably just a white civic with emblems. I seen plenty of fake integra type R, civic R.. even a nsx "r." Probably just a tuned civic with SC.

dont you know this yet.... 99.99999999999999999999999999% OF YOUNG KIDS..... BADGE them to say Type R because they think they can win.... Dont even bother hesitating to blow them away.

Was it a 2dr coupe? or a hatchback?

you guys are too quick to judge.... I know of plenty of Type R equipped CRXs, Civics and Integras. Both of which may have started out as an EXs, Sis or a GS-Rs.

Engine swaps are becoming more and more common...and while some choose to keep the low profile, others will sticker their cars up appropriately.

Yeah, I know.....theres plenty of cars out there that just have the stickers.....but most of them dont have anything done but and an exhaust or intake.....the basic of all basic!! These guys you can laugh at.......

But for someone to go as far as put as much work into the car as SGOSWRX says, he was probably willing to go the extra mile for JDM perfection....and that includes the proper engine.....or at least a Type R motor from a US spec Integra.

It really is not that hard to do and is pretty inexpensive, relatively speaking.....

Anyway, I never take a Civic for granted.....around Maryland there are some pretty fast variants.

Doug
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    in houston, i have yet to see a honda with the type R badging that can go as fast as a real type R should - if there really are cars out there that go that fast, they certainly aren't in houston

well, i have yet to see any hondas with fake badges live up to their names but i have seen some pretty damn quick ones in houston. i agree, most of the fluff and puff ones are slow....i love the ones with the exhaust and automatic trans, rmmmmmmmm and going nowhere......but you should check out the track in baytown on wednesdays, fridays or sundays....last time i was out there, i saw a mid 90's honda hatch run in the 12's....definitely turbo, probably a B18C motor....the quick hondas are here but you probably won't see any badges on 'em.....watch out, don't let a hybrid honda catch you off boost or you'll be seeing tailights!
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

I am telling you in Maryland and around the DC metro area there are some FAST Hondas/Acuras!!

Ones that I know of:

Civic Hatch- GSR swap.....runs high 13s
    Civic Hatch- B18C swap..... runs 13.3
    Integra GSR- Supercharged runs 13.6 @ 108!! (needs slicks)
    CRX- B18C swap....runs 12s!
    CRX- LS Non vtec swap....runs 12.6!!!
    CRX- B16 swap.......runs 13.9 on street tires. (higher compression)
    CRX- B16 swap.......low to mid 14s
    CRX- GSR Swap...runs 13.7.....
    Civic EX- GSR swap......runs low 14s (no exhaust)
    2- Civic Si- 16g turbos.....both run low 14s high 13s (high traps though)
    2.2CL- have know idea what hes got.....runs 12s!
    Integra Type R- turbo.....12.8
    Integra Type R- turbo......12.4
    Del Sol- B18C swap with nitrous and turbo......just plain nasty!!
    (older guy who races for money....rumored to be an 11sec car)

Thats just the stuff off the top of my head...

If you come to DC metro area......never underestimate any Honda....and yes some of them are all badged up and some are not....either way, they are all pretty darn quick!!!

Doug
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

The Del-Sol guy is a pro, He'll sand bag a few until some real money comes along.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    how expensive is it to modify a crx or civic or whatever honda? cause even though those cars may be running in teh 12's, it might cost them more $$$ to get there since the engine they're starting out w/ isn't turboed or anything - theyd have to do lots of mods to get a small honda into 12's, am i right? on the other hand, you can get a rex into the 12's with only a few grand...hehe...."only"

Originally posted by Penguinking
    how expensive is it to modify a crx or civic or whatever honda? cause even though those cars may be running in teh 12's, it might cost them more $$$ to get there since the engine they're starting out w/ isn't turboed or anything - theyd have to do lots of mods to get a small honda into 12's, am i right? on the other hand, you can get a rex into the 12's with only a few grand...hehe...."only"

I agree...
    I defected from the honda camp myself. I can tell you honestly, most of these 12 sec hondas have tons of money put into them. To get a B18c to reliably hold high amounts of boost (enough to get into the 12s) will require , lower compression pistons, hondata ecu, forged crank, forged rods, closed deck, ..list goes on and on.
    Myself, I'm from the DC metro area, I've known tons of guys that swore a b18c civic hb could run low 13s w/o the aid of a turbo. Next week I'd see them at the track running mid 14s.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.