Stage 2 WRX vs Supercharged Civic Type R - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stage 2 WRX vs Supercharged Civic Type R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know for a fact that if you take a Civic hatch and drop a type r motor in it....it ...

I know for a fact that if you take a Civic hatch and drop a type r motor in it....it WILL in fact run low 13s with a good driver. Unfortunately early in my WRXs life, I ran into one of those....completely low profile except it was lowered (stock wheels though) and had an exhaust. When I couldnt pull on him I was like ok...but when he started to pull on me....I was like "WTF!"....I later found out the truth, but not after I had to sit and think about how fast my car really was......

I was depressed until the truth came out!!
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    the truth hurts

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by dug-e-fresh
    I know for a fact that if you take a Civic hatch and drop a type r motor in it....it WILL in fact run low 13s with a good driver. Unfortunately early in my WRXs life, I ran into one of those....completely low profile except it was lowered (stock wheels though) and had an exhaust. When I couldnt pull on him I was like ok...but when he started to pull on me....I was like "WTF!"....I later found out the truth, but not after I had to sit and think about how fast my car really was......

I was depressed until the truth came out!!
    where do you get a type-R motor to drop into a civic? aren't those hard to come by?

you get lucky and find one thats been wrecked with minimal engine bay damage.

thats what this guy did. he found it somewhere in PA. The car had been rolled. he got to pull the entire drivetrain from the car.....lsd, tranny, engine, ecu, transaxle....everything.

right now I haven't seen him around recently....and its been rumored that he has taken the civic off the road for a major engine overhaul........new cams, pistons, rings, crank....everything. it should be pretty nasty when hes done! had he left things alone....i could beat him now....but if things go well (for him), i may be back in his rearview........damn.

Doug

If they just used a ITR motor then its not really a CTR now is it. Of course the CTR's aren't worth bragging about either since I know of a old ass 1988 Familia turbo AWD that used to smoke them at the races here in Japan. That little Mazda was bone stock and low budget. The Type-R guys hated that thing. I've run some turbo ITR and CTR guys and still beat them. If it was a long road course they might have caught me but we're just talking the 1/4mi. Honda's are great cars but just because it came as a Type-R doesn't make it a supercar. Now a Alto Works with 300hp is a supercar at the road courses. 1500lbs of mini-car power putting in lap times dead on with built GTR's and Supras.

If they just used a ITR motor then its not really a CTR now is it
    ahhh, why no its not....who said it was?

If you are talking about the badging thing then I ask you this-

If you had a Civic Hatch and put a ITR motor in it, what would you badge it as if you were going to badge it? Just curious....

Honda's are great cars but just because it came as a Type-R doesn't make it a supercar
    ahh, right again. Who said it was? One could argue that for their price they are pretty super for what you get....

Doug

I'd pull all the badges off of it. Its not its a challenge to figure out its a Honda Civic but at least it leaves the question of the motor up for some thought and racing.

We get to see Americans come over here thinking they are going to see Honda's at the races only to be deeply disappointed.

My buddy lived in Miami and he saw a JDM (right-hand drive) Civic Type R pull up into a performance shop down there. So he might have seen a real one. I'll be suprised though if it was real.
    Last edited by Koua Jones; 02-20-2002 at 07:45 PM.
    2002 PSM Subaru Impreza WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.